Player Discussion Marner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It's easy, as long as it's happy thoughts only, no matter how stupid or false the narrative can be, the thread stays.

Once you try to counter what are clearly paid morons from his camp, the thread gets closed.

I mean, you had to start this thread by praising Mitch for not shitting a bed in an interview.

On the bright side, they can still ship him before the season starts!

If this was at all true, we’d have no threads open on here. But nice try to portray yourself as a victim of the moderation when you very clearly are not whatsoever.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
If this was at all true, we’d have no threads open on here. But nice try to portray yourself as a victim of the moderation when you very clearly are not whatsoever.

ROFL

I bet this is what they call projection. Otherwise, I have no idea why you would spout the victim nonsense :DD:DD

Not to mention, the previous thread was purposefully asking misleading questions, so the OP can twist the results. You know asking if Mitch gets traded with his NMC, not if he should have been shipped yesterday and so on

The same with the ever-changing thread titles and attempts on happy thoughts only thread.

The bolded lacks any logic or coherence. What a Pejorative Slured fallacy you wield.

Nice post :DD:DD

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
ROFL

I bet this is what they call projection. Otherwise, I have no idea why you would spout the victim nonsense :DD:DD

Not to mention, the previous thread was purposefully asking misleading questions, so the OP can twist the results. You know asking if Mitch gets traded with his NMC, not if he should have been shipped yesterday and so on

The same with the ever-changing thread titles and attempts on happy thoughts only thread.

The bolded lacks any logic or coherence. What a Pejorative Slured fallacy you wield.

My post was very simple to comprehend and 100% accurate (no open threads is an obvious exaggeration but not by much)

The Marner thread has been an utter shit show for months. If there was some agenda being pushed that required Marner discussions to be limited to only happy comments as you suggest, the Marner thread would have been shuttered the day it was started. It’s an absurd accusation with no basis in reality.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
so i guess based off marners response about the faceoff series and nylanders transcripts coming out i guess he was talking to marner huh looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Haha
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Tree protecting Marner a bit on Spitting Chicklets. Says unfair the heat Marner took over playoffs and were lucky to have him.

Marner supporters will like it.
Tree on around 1:30. Marner talk arouns 1:40.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This is exactly it. I like Matthews, there's probably been 100000 threads on the main boards criticizing/trashing Matthews. There's no point going in there and demanding threads be closed. If I don't wanna read it, I just don't click on any of the threads.

Why does it all of a sudden become so different over here?

I cant say too much but clearly..... it's a conspiracy ...

giphy.gif

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This was one of the longest offseasons in recent memory lol

Only to be right back where we have started for the last 57 years... doom... gloom ... woe is me.... the other day on Overdrive Hayes "The Fraud" actually said and I'm paraphrasing ... there was a shadow cast over training camp, felt like there was negative energy coming from camp ... Jesus some people just can't be happy I guess ... not a damn game played yet and it's already over... predetermined we will Groundhog Day this season.... again...

Tree protecting Marner a bit on Spitting Chicklets. Says unfair the heat Marner took over playoffs and were lucky to have him.

Marner supporters will like it.
Tree on around 1:30. Marner talk arouns 1:40.

Did you bump your head?

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Marner could help us, but with a flawed team, and the cap, he's the cap casualty.

Just moving from Tavares isn't enough.

If Tre signs Marner mid season, he should be fired immediately.

Reactions: HolyCrap

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Thanks, found it.
Looks like Nylander not only went after Marner, but he went even further than initially rumored. Now thats a leader.

Only to be right back where we have started for the last 57 years... doom... gloom ... woe is me.... the other day on Overdrive Hayes "The Fraud" actually said and I'm paraphrasing ... there was a shadow cast over training camp, felt like there was negative energy coming from camp ... Jesus some people just can't be happy I guess ... not a damn game played yet and it's already over... predetermined we will Groundhog Day this season.... again...

Did you bump your head?
The user didn't say anything wrong. Brad was protecting Marner and showed the part the Marner fans would like.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
so i guess based off marners response about the faceoff series and nylanders transcripts coming out i guess he was talking to marner huh looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Any link to these transcripts? I don’t have tweeter. Be nice to read what actually happened. Or maybe some one can do short breakdown of what was said.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Tre says unfair the heat Marner took over playoffs
it is unfair to him. The team drafted him, and by his body type and natural anxiety, it's unfair to see him as playoff performer. Berube can't expect physical play from him either. He doesn't have the body and toughness for that. I think Marner is VERY consistent about what he is, other than his lack of PK effort alot of nights.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
ROFL

Projection? LOL.. no.

How is misleading to ask a direct question related to a player and tie his his contract status to that question? One question is asking about the likelihood based on a players contract status and the one you suggest is a question based on "feelings" regardless of the guardrails that limit the players availability, two different questions, one question is for the grounded logical fan and a second question for the yip-yip fan.

Agreed the bolded lacks any logic or coherence.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nowhere do we feel it more, though, than in Nylander's bench command as a pivotal Game 4 slips away and Marner's chucks his gloves in frustration.

Nylander, captured on mic: "F-----' shoot it. Stop f-----' cryin', bro. This is the f-----' issue. You guys f-----' b---- about s---. Let's f-----' go!"

From the article.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Looks like Nylander not only went after Marner, but he went even further than initially rumored. Now thats a leader.

The user didn't say anything wrong. Brad was protecting Marner and showed the part the Marner fans would like.

Didn't say he said anything wrong, the kinder gentler version is much more palatable.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
it is unfair to him. The team drafted him, and by his body type and natural anxiety, it's unfair to see him as playoff performer. Berube can't expect physical play from him either. He doesn't have the body and toughness for that. I think Marner is VERY consistent about what he is, other than his lack of PK effort alot of nights.
Agreed - if he has limitations that other stars don't have (doesn't play center, struggles in physical players because of size, not good at cycling because of lack of strength) than he should be paid accordingly.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Did you bump your head?
Feels like there are negative vibes around camp this year.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
A Marner thread started by the No. 1 Marner hater on the internet!
Too funny.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
A Marner thread started by the No. 1 Marner hater on the internet!
Too funny.
That's ridiculous.

I didnt start the thread. :sarcasm:
I like MM.
but I like Lord Stanley more.

MM = Cap casualty.

Q: Can't we keep him and hoist the cup ?
A: Stop it, we need change. Easily 15AAV of change, minimum.

Leafs wont offer enough anyway. He's leaving.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if he's starting to worry a bit that he's not a slam dunk to be resigned? Considering how badly he seems to want to stay here, that could certainly be the catalyst for an attitude adjustment.

If he can learn how to stop looking so unlikeable in interviews, maybe there's some hope that he can figure out how to be a factor in the biggest playoff games? I can't say I have a ton of optimism in this regard but I'm desperately looking for a reason to believe.
So change his attitude, play a hard nosed game until he gets big money, handcuffs the team and then reverts back to being the exciting EA Sports player for 80 games plus a couple in the playoffs? Even better if he can lock in a No-Move clause.

Sounds like the perfect signing for the Leafs and consistent with their brand.

The question famously asked by former owner Stavros I believe when talking about interest in bringing Gretzky to Toronto, "and how many seats is he gonna fill"?

In the case of assessing Marners value, t would be an apt attitude. He would do great on a team that needs to fill seats. Leafs need to rid their brand reputation and rid their fans the burden of being perpetual losers.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad