2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I'm hoping Bannister is trying to light a spark for Bolduc's final preseason game to see what he can get out of him. I'd much rather see Bolduc trying to develop at the NHL level at this point over seeing guys like Kapanen in the lineup. It's not like anyone other than Holloway has been lighting it up out there.

Reactions: ArenaRat

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I'm hoping Bannister is trying to light a spark for Bolduc's final preseason game to see what he can get out of him. I'd much rather see Bolduc trying to develop at the NHL level at this point over seeing guys like Kapanen in the lineup. It's not like anyone other than Holloway has been lighting it up out there.

He’s playing in the Chicago game with other AHL call ups. They won’t want the players who are going to be on the roster to travel to Chicago before traveling to Seattle.

100% Bolduc is AHL bound

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I've liked Bolduc's physicality and attention to defensive game, but he isn't showing any offense at this point. He is thinking too much still and that is big part of lack of offense while he is out there. Going down to Springfield to gain confidence wouldn't be the worst idea.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I've liked Bolduc's physicality and attention to defensive game, but he isn't showing any offense at this point. He is thinking too much still and that is big part of lack of offense while he is out there. Going down to Springfield to gain confidence wouldn't be the worst idea.
I don't think the solution to that problem is more Kapanen.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I’d be pretty surprised if Bolduc were sent to the AHL. Not saying it won’t happen, or it wouldn’t be warranted…just that I expect him to make the big squad regardless of what Bannister is saying in that quote.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This kinda goes back to what Armstrong said in the offseason. He’d rather start a guy in the AHL and let them over-develop down there to ensure that they’re NHL ready, instead of putting them in the NHL too quickly and then having to bounce them back and forth with demotions and recalls.

Considering that, if Bolduc is on the edge, then they might play it safe and send him down. Let him produce a lot down there (hopefully) and then call him up in a couple months. This would also allow us to put one less guy on waivers in the meantime, which I guess is something they may want, even though I want Kapanen gone ASAP.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This kinda goes back to what Armstrong said in the offseason. He’d rather start a guy in the AHL and let them over-develop down there to ensure that they’re NHL ready, instead of putting them in the NHL too quickly and then having to bounce them back and forth with demotions and recalls.

Yea, it would be terrible to have a guy play 25 NHL games, play well and then be sent down after a 3-4 game stretch of good but non-scoring play.

Bolduc. 2023-24 St. Louis NHL 25GP 5G 4A 9P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad