Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Imho you should be worried, very worried.
Yeah I'm afraid that evil guy might be right about something just this once.

I hope Marner turns into a playoff beast this spring, and stays a playoff beast for years to come. I know the odds of that happening aren't exactly good but if you're gonna dream, dream big right? Imagine if that actually happened, I don't have the words to express how big a surprise that would be.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap and mikeyz

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

I hope Marner turns into a playoff beast this spring, and stays a playoff beast for years to come. I know the odds of that happening aren't exactly good but if you're gonna dream, dream big right? Imagine if that actually happened, I don't have the words to express how big a surprise that would be.
The Marner fanboys on here would be tripping over themselves saying “I told you so” to us.

They would also have to likely change their underwear 4 times in the process. Once anfter each word in “I told you so”. Lol.

I wouldn’t really blame them though. Because for Marner to be a playoff warrior and beast, it would take a miracle from Michael Landon/Jonathan Smith and Victor French/Mark Gordon for that to happen. (Let’s see how many people get that reference) Lol.

But, let’s be honest. It’s not going to happen.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

If he were to have a great playoffs and sign an extension, perhaps he could return to year 3 form due to no longer focusing on self preservation/playing for contracts. I bet Marner wants this done now, well before the playoffs, first round of playoffs with no contract will be too much pressure for him, we all know it.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Off topic, but is there a reason you and @Sundinisagod are using the same avatar?

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Why does Marner have these defenders and no one else does? These people have to be paid or literally Paul, right?

I mean people like players but these few posters are on another level I have never seen for anyone else.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Why does Marner have these defenders and no one else does? These people have to be paid or literally Paul, right?

I mean people like players but these few posters are on another level I have never seen for anyone else.

I have heard this theory more than once.

I don't think anyone can prove it, but I am quite certain that we post among player agents, players or their family and staff. It has to be, the extent and who we don't know.

It's a hockey centric site sheltered from X drama and anonymous so it makes sense for Jr's and players cutting their teeth wanting to see what the raw fan level perception is of them is, if only for curiosities sake.

Journalists mine these forums for talking points. Lots of people bring up interesting things here. I remember a bunch of us talking about the Leafs problems leading to a lost generation of Leafs fans and within 48hrs I think Dregger was talking about that. Seen a lot of that.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Off topic, but is there a reason you and @Sundinisagod are using the same avatar?
It looks like it, though maybe the pic resolutions are a bit different.
I have heard this theory more than once.

I don't think anyone can prove it, but I am quite certain that we post among player agents, players or their family and staff. It has to be, the extent and who we don't know.

It's a hockey centric site sheltered from X drama and anonymous so it makes sense for Jr's and players cutting their teeth wanting to see what the raw fan level perception is of them is, if only for curiosities sake.

Journalists mine these forums for talking points. Lots of people bring up interesting things here. I remember a bunch of us talking about the Leafs problems leading to a lost generation of Leafs fans and within 48hrs I think Dregger was talking about that. Seen a lot of that.
This does seem likely.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
How much are you being paid for this? Because your incessant defending of him just makes us hate him more tbh.
Nobody is paid anything to post on a hockey message board. Nobody actually cares about HFboards. Conspiracy theories like that are a perfect example of why there's more pushback. Incessant attacking of one of the best players this franchise has ever had makes people defend what's true. But hatred of Marner runs so deeply and irrationally for some that people create these conspiracy theories and ridiculous claims, and then triple down and "hate him more" when the facts show they are wrong.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It looks like it, though maybe the pic resolutions are a bit different.

This does seem likely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooN9xdAgi5w
1727272443587.jpeg

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Nah, the more people paying tribute to Borje the better. He made me proud to be a Leaf fan in a way that no other player has that I've ever seen and I say that with all due respect to Dave Keon and a number of others. Special is an overused term but Borje Salming truly was special!
Might be my all time favourite Leaf, it’s just a little confusing when reading posts………

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If he were to have a great playoffs and sign an extension, perhaps he could return to year 3 form due to no longer focusing on self preservation/playing for contracts. I bet Marner wants this done now, well before the playoffs, first round of playoffs with no contract will be too much pressure for him, we all know it.
Re. pressure, there was no real reason I can think of for him to play so badly against MTL in the playoffs, same goes for his horrible play against Florida. It's a bit scary even if he has a great playoffs in the spring - after being so inconsistent over the course of his contract, how comfortable can we possibly locking him up for another long term contract for top dollar after one good playoffs?

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad