Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think it’s likely they want keep Marner and are trying to boost his image before re-signing him.

Hopefully he worked on his speed as it’s was well below average.

Are they that delusional? Nothing will boost his image but a long playoff run where he leads the way. I hope they are not stupid and won’t re-sign Marner and JT till we see the playoffs.

Reactions: rumman

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Are they that delusional? Nothing will boost his image but a long playoff run where he leads the way. I hope they are not stupid and won’t re-sign Marner and JT till we see the playoffs.

Playing him with Matthews is a bad sign.

But yeah, very possible that we'll waste the rest of Matthews prime on proving Mitch deserves his cap hit.

This organization has weird priorities.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Yesterday showed me nothing that Marner would buy into an in your face style of game. I wish we dealt him.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yesterday showed me nothing that Marner would buy into an in your face style of game. I wish we dealt him.
Seems to be an unrealistic expectation. I doubt very much that's what Berube is looking for.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I believe they’ve already decided to re-sign him and that interview was designed to change fan perspective.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Marner gets schooled on the OT goal.

Slow skating = got burned.

Can’t even try hard on the first game back.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Mitch is the whipping boy despite none of the core being very good in the playoffs.

I have to say I'm surprised nothing was done really for two off seasons

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Mitch is the whipping boy despite none of the core being very good in the playoffs.

I have to say I'm surprised nothing was done really for two off seasons
They signed the better two (who despite missing games still led the team in the playoffs) last year and have to wait until next summer to deal with the others.

Not really anything to be surprised about.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
They both got walked....badly
McCabe was going forward and not backwards. If Marner was as smart defensively as certain people suggest, he should've seen McCabe was in a vulnerable spot and took away the middle more. There was no other offensive threat even close to them to worry about. It was a solo effort by the Senator, 1 vs 2, and the rookie Senator dman walked both leaf veterans, including the apparent defensive genius, Marner.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
They signed the better two (who despite missing games still led the team in the playoffs) last year and have to wait until next summer to deal with the others.

Not really anything to be surprised about.

After they lost in round 2 they ran it back

Then they running it back again... it definitely a surprise this time

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
After they lost in round 2 they ran it back

Then they running it back again... it definitely a surprise this time
They lost in the first round 4 times in a row and then made it to the second on a lucky bounce, and kept running it back.

We finally got a new GM last year. He's done what he could - sign the better two of the four, work on fixing the D and G, and hire a new coach. Unfortunately there is virtually nothing he can do about the other two until next summer.

He's stuck with running it back, at least as far as the core four go, for this season.

The only really surprising thing is how bad a mess the previous GM left.

It will be a surprise, and disappointment, if he runs it back next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad