Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
No news on our Traverse City roster yet, eh?

I have to imagine they will announce it tomorrow, Monday.
The tournament starts in half a week and every other team announced their rosters over two weeks ago...

Reactions: supermann_98

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
No news on our Traverse City roster yet, eh?

I have to imagine they will announce it tomorrow, Monday.
The tournament starts in half a week and every other team announced their rosters over two weeks ago...
Tried to track down more news about invites too and couldn't find anything other than Leslie. Very quiet.

My hope is:

Cowan - Minten - Voit
Mastrosimone - Hirvonen - Ellis
Ovchinnikov - O'Brien - Tverberg
Lisowsky - Kressler - Berezowski
Weiss - Assadourian - Frasca - McMillan

Tychonick - Niemela
Kokkonen - Villeneuve
Chadwick - Dillingham
Roy/Sova - Leslie

Hildeby
Peksa
Cavallin

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Tried to track down more news about invites too and couldn't find anything other than Leslie. Very quiet.

My hope is:

Cowan - Minten - Voit
Mastrosimone - Hirvonen - Ellis
Ovchinnikov - O'Brien - Tverberg
Lisowsky - Kressler - Berezowski
Weiss - Assadourian - Frasca - McMillan

Tychonick - Niemela
Kokkonen - Villeneuve
Chadwick - Dillingham
Roy/Sova - Leslie

Hildeby
Peksa
Cavallin

That's a good bet to what it will look like. I will say that I don't think Ellis will be there since he's older and this would be his 3rd rookie tournament but other than that, it seems spot on.

Reactions: uncleben

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That's a good bet to what it will look like. I will say that I don't think Ellis will be there since he's older and this would be his 3rd rookie tournament but other than that, it seems spot on.

Maybe Lisowsky gets a chance with a higher end playmaker? Seems his best asset is his shot.

Reactions: weems

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
You could play him with Hirvonen because he's more of a pass first center type.
Voit is our best playmaker in the system and is RW. Lisowsky is a LW. I would probably go with a top 6 of:

Lisowsky Minten Voit
Hirvonen Cowan Tverberg

That 2nd line could be menacing to play against

Reactions: 4thline and weems

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Voit is our best playmaker in the system and is RW. Lisowsky is a LW. I would probably go with a top 6 of:

Lisowsky Minten Voit
Hirvonen Cowan Tverberg

That 2nd line could be menacing to play against
Lisowsky .. [Height 5.09 -- Weight 180]
Minten ..... [Height 6.01 -- Weight 185]
Voit ............[Height 5.09 -- Weight 151]

Hirvonen .... [Height 5.09 -- Weight 176]
Cowan ......... [Height 5.11 -- Weight 170]
Tverberg ..... [ Height 5.11 -- Weight 180]

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nah he's a LW that can spot as a center in an OHL pre-season game. Marner did the same quite a bit.

I remember they tried to spread the wealth in London with Marner centering his own line but it was obvious you'd get more out of him at RW and then the mega line of Tkachuk-Dvorak-Marner came together.

It was surprising to see them put Cowan there because all indications to me were that he'd be a winger and maybe he can get away with it in the OHL but he's probably not projecting as a centre in the NHL like you said.

Reactions: SprDaVE

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014

Ok?

You gotta utilize players to their strengths. I have Voit the playmaker with 2 shooters, one being a big 2 way power forward. The 2nd line having a blend of skill and tenacity. Hirvonen being the playmaker, Cowan a shooter and Tverberg who plays like a power forward and goes hard to the net.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ok?

You gotta utilize players to their strengths. I have Voit the playmaker with 2 shooters, one being a big 2 way power forward. The 2nd line having a blend of skill and tenacity. Hirvonen being the playmaker, Cowan a shooter and Tverberg who plays like a power forward and goes hard to the net.

Tverberg might need to get smarter with his game, he's listed at 5'11-6'0, hard to over power others unless you've put in a lot of work in the gym on core / legs.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Tverberg might need to get smarter with his game, he's listed at 5'11-6'0, hard to over power others unless you've put in a lot of work in the gym on core / legs.
190 lbs at 5'11-6' is a pretty solid build. Kadri by comparison is listed at 6' , 185lbs.

You can still play like a power forward at that height. Tverberg hits, skates hard into the corners and skates hard to the net

Reactions: DragoGrizzly

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
190 lbs at 5'11-6' is a pretty solid build. Kadri by comparison is listed at 6' , 185lbs.

You can still play like a power forward at that height. Tverberg hits, skates hard into the corners and skates hard to the net

You can get very sturdy - It took Kadri a few years though, he was getting planted pretty regularly the first couple of seasons until he got his man strength.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Is there a mod anywhere to remove this spam?

Younger players tend to be lighter than NHLers, this is not some new revelation.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad