Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah, I saw that. his line with Greening and Engval has been the Marlies best. Now Engval is injured.

It has been a very good line for the Marlies all playoffs. I think the only games the Marlies lost were the games they were not good. Marlies were still able to win if one of their scoring lines were shut down, but not if their shut down line went down.

Engvall looks like he is going to be fine, but who knows with Gauthier. We do not have anyone who can come even close to replacing him. We lack centers as it is. Maybe Smith or Greening will have to move down the middle and then they'll use Clune or Baun on the shut down line.

Reactions: TTF

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Wow Rosen almost gifted Texas with a breakaway, and the Marlies get the games first PP after Lily gets tripped

He seems to have a lot of those mistakes. Pucks flipping over his stick at the blue line or catching an edge.

Is that being crap or terrible luck? It seems more terrible luck than anything...

Maybe the trip was a retribution.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Our organization/depth may be the envy of the league, who would have thought that possible a few years ago.

Reactions: OddyOh

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Strong game, really controlled a lot of it. The Marlies could have had a few more with some luck.

McKenna was really good. He was the best goalie in the playoffs by far and it showed. We just showed why we are the best team in the playoffs by far.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Sparks is NOT an NHL goalie. Love the guy's battle, but he'll get torched playimg that undisciplined against the best the game has to offer.

I do not know. I did not watch much today, but he's usually pretty composed in net. More than I saw Andersen, especially when he was not in the zone.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Just looking at McKenna's Hockeydb page - holy crap he's played in so many different cities across the States as a pro.

He's the definition of an AHL journeyman.

He's made a decent amount of money out of it though. He does his job in the AHL and NHL teams keep bringing him back to play for them as their #3. He's probably made 1.5 mill over the course of 9 years. Considering where he has been living, he has been able to live more than comfortably on that money, and should be fine even after he retires. Most likely someone is going to bring him in to be a coach.

Reactions: BertCorbeau
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad