Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd wager Lehkonen will get more than 4 this year, for starters. And if Danault is a top 2 centre starting next year, chances are he gets more than 2. But tunnel vision on PP points, specifically, is pretty useless for several reasons.

Just responding to the guy who answered about Drouin getting all the Markov PP points......'Cause the day you stop talking about the powerpoint as far as Drouin vs Markov...well there's actually no argumentation whatsoever...

And Danault shouldn't be close to a PP.....but we will have no choice based on how weak we are there.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
And Danault shouldn't be close to a PP.....but we will have no choice based on how weak we are there.

Quick, heady player who isn't afraid of the dirty areas, nothing wrong with trying a guy like this on your PP. I have higher hopes than many for Danault though, with a full camp under Julien and a top 6 role right out of the gate. I am banking on the deer in headlights look to be gone from him this year.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Just responding to the guy who answered about Drouin getting all the Markov PP points......'Cause the day you stop talking about the powerpoint as far as Drouin vs Markov...well there's actually no argumentation whatsoever...

It's just that you made 16 PP points seem like a huge hole to be filled. I mean, it's "a lot" but if 4 other people find a way to chip in a couple extra, a guy "replaces" Radulov with a ~10 PP point season. I'd argue further that a difference of 6 points at any one position can be compensated for over the course of the year purely with coaching/systems. And that's without getting into opportunity and natural variation of contribution as special teams personnel change through the year.

Pretty useless to dwell too much on. For me it's more about losing his ability to generate pressure/chances, make plays in tight places, and occasionally make something out of nothing on sheer willpower. Points aren't quite everything when it comes to Radulov, and that's why it's sort of too bad he's not still part of the mix. At the same time, 5 years... at close to top dollar for those numbers... I dunno...

Sort of like Markov. Would be better if he was still part of the mix, but I'm not surprised that middle ground couldn't be found between asking him to stick around as a 2nd/3rd pairing guy and getting paid like one, and what he probably offered to Bergevin as a $5+ million 1st pairing guy who would arguably still walk onto the 1st pairing tomorrow. Not there was an opportunity for middle ground to be found, mind you, if Bergevin rejected his first offer and he never came back with a lower 2nd one.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Quick, heady player who isn't afraid of the dirty areas, nothing wrong with trying a guy like this on your PP. I have higher hopes than many for Danault though, with a full camp under Julien and a top 6 role right out of the gate. I am banking on the deer in headlights look to be gone from him this year.

Under Julien, Danault was on the PP.
He played 1:01 per game for 24 games and had 1 point.
That was more than Lehkonen, Plekanec, Byron and almost as much as Gallagher.
He's been tried.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Under Julien, Danault was on the PP.
He played 1:01 per game for 24 games and had 1 point.
That was more than Lehkonen, Plekanec, Byron and almost as much as Gallagher.
He's been tried.

Well I'll be damned. Still, looking forward to seeing where his head is next season.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
When? He has a two year deal in Russia it would take a miracle for him to come back at this point.

Plus 40y old... He was slower and slower and out of gaz in the playoff. Image at 40y.

Love the guy, but he is done for us been effecient. Maybe is last good year was 2016-2017.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We could say that about 75% of our forwards.

Drouin is a very good skater and can turn on a dime in the O zone. I am not worried at all. He has an excellent vision of the play.

He was the main target of every when in the Q. These star players can find ways to protect themselves.

LMAO Seriously?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Koivu should be the next hab to get his # retired. Does Markov get his raised?

None of them should get their number retired. No individual awards and no team awards either...

If we win a cup with Price in nets, he's next (and only one) on the list. As of now, the Habs have retired all the jersey they possibly could.

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
It's just that you made 16 PP points seem like a huge hole to be filled. I mean, it's "a lot" but if 4 other people find a way to chip in a couple extra, a guy "replaces" Radulov with a ~10 PP point season. I'd argue further that a difference of 6 points at any one position can be compensated for over the course of the year purely with coaching/systems. And that's without getting into opportunity and natural variation of contribution as special teams personnel change through the year.

Pretty useless to dwell too much on. For me it's more about losing his ability to generate pressure/chances, make plays in tight places, and occasionally make something out of nothing on sheer willpower. Points aren't quite everything when it comes to Radulov, and that's why it's sort of too bad he's not still part of the mix. At the same time, 5 years... at close to top dollar for those numbers... I dunno...

Sort of like Markov. Would be better if he was still part of the mix, but I'm not surprised that middle ground couldn't be found between asking him to stick around as a 2nd/3rd pairing guy and getting paid like one, and what he probably offered to Bergevin as a $5+ million 1st pairing guy who would arguably still walk onto the 1st pairing tomorrow. Not there was an opportunity for middle ground to be found, mind you, if Bergevin rejected his first offer and he never came back with a lower 2nd one.

Shouldn't we be focusing on making the team actually better and improving rather than trying to stay equivalent (best case) to the previous year?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Cool, then he will be zonked by the playoffs. Just like in Montreal.
Like Weber? Like how he needed games off because he was zonked and wasn't out of shape even toward games 5 and 6 of the first round? Like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad