Mark Stone: People want to see the Golden Knights crash and burn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Original article -

"As I'm older, I have realized that people are going to put a bull's-eye on our back because they want to see us fail,"

"We haven't failed too much in our history. People want to see the Golden Knights crash and burn. But ... I think the foundation we built doesn't really allow for that to happen. So, I'm feeling confident. I think the team is excited to get back. We definitely have that chip on our shoulder. A lot of people in our industry don't believe that we can get back to the team that we know we are, but time will tell. We still believe that we're one of the teams that is going to training camp with the chance to win the Stanley Cup."

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't think fans had any problems with the Golden Knights until they started using the LTIR loophole the last few seasons and won a Cup.
It's that, but also the way they let MAF find out he was traded via Twitter.

That and the way the coaching staff shit on Lehner's performance to the media, even though Lehner was playing hurt, and they wanted him to play through an injury, knowing that he had prior substance abuse issues.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Maybe those people think the Knights will regress because of the stated reasons, and not because the want the Knights to fail.

Imo the will be a contender. They lost some guys but they have a full season of Hanifin and Hertl now

Reactions: Czechboy

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I only currently dislike Vegas for whining about Dadnov's no-trade clause almost two years after it occurred even though
A. They weren't negatively affected by it at all(they even won a bloody Cup the year after).
B. Ottawa was already cleared initially.

Reactions: Sens9292

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Well, the main reason people say they wont make the playoffs is because he never plays.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
You know that is a psychotic tendency right? To like something or something because someone else doesn't like it.
Nah this isn't a case of zigging when everyone else zags. it's more like I think of how whiny/butthurt most people have been about the whole Vegas thing, and it makes me want to see Vegas suceed more.

If you fall into the Vegas whiners club, I'll take that as a compliment

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
what is the golden spleen yappin bout
cursed-emoji-cry-tantrum.gif

Reactions: geebster

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Nah this isn't a case of zigging when everyone else zags. it's more like I think of how whiny/butthurt most people have been about the whole Vegas thing, and it makes me want to see Vegas suceed more.

If you fall into the Vegas whiners club, I'll take that as a compliment
...thats exactly what im talking. You get off on going against "whiny/butthurt people. Its a psychotic trait !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad