Marchand admits he needs to clean his act

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He's a bit like Matt Cooke I think. He genuinely doesn't want to do what he does but he just gets caught up in the moment and does it anyways.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't know. I think it's genuine. Nobody is perfect and sometimes you got to look yourself in the mirror and improve the person you are.

Reactions: bluetib

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Remember that time he “avoided the goalie and was falling” by throwing his elbow into Marcus Johansson’s face?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He is a clown, a talented clown but a clown none the less. I could see him "cleaning" up his act for a while but sooner or later the clown in him will come out when he get frustrated in a game.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
His silver tongue won't save him now, I don't believe a lick of what he says. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, buds.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's always genuine in the moment.

Didn't Matt Cooke actually clean up his game toward the end? I seem to remember him getting some praise at one point.

Anyway, I think this has nothing to do with the league cracking down on Marchand. Judging by Sweeney's comment, and by what LOOKS like went down when Chara talked to him, Marchand P.O.ed his teammates/management, and is embarrassed by it.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
"Here are some tens of millions of dollars as a reward for your behavior. But also, you should act differently. Or else you might embarrass someone. And you wouldn't like that."

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I do think that some part of Brad wants to move on from this and improve, but he might not be able to; there might be some sort of trigger when he's playing competitive hockey that makes him do this stuff, so he might actually need to get outside help to fix this.

Mully

Oct 7, 2008
Halifax, NS
Huge Marchand fan....think the licking is disgusting and embarrassing (as well as injuring opponents of course). I'm glad he made a statement, but I'll believe it when I see it..

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's just saying what he needs to, to get everyone off his back so he can enjoy his summer. Antics will continue next season.
Probably........but can you just imagine the licking he took in his year end exit interview...
Bruins are embarassed...one of the best players in the game, and one of the biggest morons, in the game...

Lip service right now............actions, speak louder than words.

Reactions: Maliki2

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He doesn’t need to take a long hard look in the mirror to figure things out.

It’s actually quite easy not to intentionally elbow someone in the head or lick someone’s face.

Reactions: Maliki2

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Huge Marchand fan....think the licking is disgusting and embarrassing (as well as injuring opponents of course). I'm glad he made a statement, but I'll believe it when I see it..

Haha! He had said he would clean up his stuff last suspension. That didn't last long!

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He doesn’t need to take a long hard look in the mirror to figure things out.

It’s actually quite easy not to intentionally elbow someone in the head or lick someone’s face.

I'd watch a documentary from Marchand's perspective. The gripping story of a small man from the coast trying his best to do good in the world and make it in the big leagues, but he's unfairly targeted by the other players for his nose as they keep headbutting his elbows to try and injure him.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He can't help himself. He may be aware about his issues, but he's been in league for a long time now, and I doubt he's going to change all of a sudden.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
1200-487654510-cross-finger.jpg

Is this the most liked post in HF history?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad