Marchand admits he needs to clean his act

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

migi

Feb 25, 2015
1200-487654510-cross-finger.jpg

Brilliant.

Reactions: Bozle

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
He really doesnt have to resort to that kind stupidity to have an impact. He is more than talented enough to hit teams where it hurts most.....on the scoreboard.

Reactions: bluetib and DKH

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Didn't Matt Cooke have a similar kind of awakening, yet eventually went back to the same kind of behavior?
I thought he cleaned his career up towards the end? Then again might just have been because he was older and not as fast anymore.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
He cleaned it up in comparison to the part of his career before those comments, but he was still a predatory rat. If I felt better I'd look up the date of those comments and then compare the amount of suspensions per game he received before and after, but I don't so I'm just going to go with my memory and assume I'm right like a good American. :laugh:

Reactions: dukeofjive

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At the end of the day being a rat is what has helped him be successful in this league. Granted he probably should stop licking people, I wouldn't go out of my way to change my game that much.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He really doesnt have to resort to that kind stupidity to have an impact. He is more than talented enough to hit teams where it hurts most.....on the scoreboard.
It’s like it was programmed from an early age to play this way and this is his thoughts but a funny thing happened along the way he turned into a star

He’s got to change his behavior and his thoughts

I think it taints his legacy but some Broons fans think it’s cool

I think it’s disgusting and pathetic and he looks like a clown but to each his own

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
With Marchand’s mom and now Marchand himself conceding that Brad is indeed a massive rat, this leaves only PatriceBergeronFan as the last known defender of his antics
I didn’t see what his mother said but I see them when they are on at the games - they from all accounts are very nice and I don’t think his dad is a fan of this behavior

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
With Marchand’s mom and now Marchand himself conceding that Brad is indeed a massive rat, this leaves only PatriceBergeronFan as the last known defender of his antics
I didn’t see what his mother said but I see them when they are on at the games - they from all accounts are very nice and I don’t think his dad is a fan of this behavior

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's a bit less of an apology when you do the thing multiple times then say "oh hey guys I'm sorry". A little late buddy.

Reactions: Colin226

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam

Haha she didn’t actually say anything, I was just making a dumb joke that even his own mother wouldn’t defend his actions and clearly Brad himself doesn’t either but Bruins fans on this board do fervently. Always telling other posters they are just salty and overreacting

Will even add, off the ice Brad seems like a pretty decent guy tbh def has good parents. On the ice though, I don’t know what happens to him

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
He gets a tongue lashing and suddenly he's a changed man. Nobody changes overnight and nobody changes unless they want to. Just because his team took a licking in the playoffs and suddenly all his tongue wagging stops? Don't buy it. You can put all the spit and polish on the shiny new words, but it don't change a thing until he walks the walk.

Otherwise it's just another slobbering mess. Like a dog licking its own privates, it's only pleasurable to the dog. To the rest of the world it's just gross.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Yeah,

I’m another one on the “just play and score and stop being a rat” bandwagon.

Wonder how long it takes for a questionable call/suspension to happen. I call it being the first 35 games.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Haha she didn’t actually say anything, I was just making a dumb joke that even his own mother wouldn’t defend his actions and clearly Brad himself doesn’t either but Bruins fans on this board do fervently. Always telling other posters they are just salty and overreacting

Will even add, off the ice Brad seems like a pretty decent guy tbh def has good parents. On the ice though, I don’t know what happens to him
Too funny

I go to about 30 games a year and see his folks - I saw them probably as recently in March. My kid I think follows or is friends with his sister on Facebook.

I’m pretty sure they aren’t fans of this.

He’s a unique player and a mesmerizing player he doesn’t need this

I admit I laughed the first time thinking it was a joke

Callahan should have dragged his ass over to the goal post and stuck his tongue in it (although I cringe everytime I see that scene on Christmas Story)

I’m sure someone’s made a picture of that

NewtJorden

For Light and Life
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
He shouldnt have to be warned for him to stop. He should be able to understand by himself that what he do is stupid.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He gets a tongue lashing and suddenly he's a changed man. Nobody changes overnight and nobody changes unless they want to. Just because his team took a licking in the playoffs and suddenly all his tongue wagging stops? Don't buy it. You can put all the spit and polish on the shiny new words, but it don't change a thing until he walks the walk.

Otherwise it's just another slobbering mess. Like a dog licking its own privates, it's only pleasurable to the dog. To the rest of the world it's just gross.
My guess is he’s licked for the last time on the ice - DoPS I would take the over at 1/2 he’s at least got a phone call or fine in 2018-19

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
"Especially the last thing I ever want to do is kind of bring the embarrassment on my teammates and the organization that it did.

He doesn't regret anything he did, just that it "may have brought embarrassment to his teammates and organization" (because they told him it did) so he has to say some words and maybe reign it in a touch.

No one in western culture ever apologizes anymore, they just give some mealy-mouth weasel words along the lines of "sorry you incorrectly felt offended."

Reactions: Oryxo

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I for one hope he doesn’t stop. And he gets suspended a long time for it.

Then comes back, and a month later, someone gets under his skin and he does something stupid again. And gets suspended even longer.

For me (and I realize it’s not a popular opinion) the more time off the ice, the more I’ll enjoy the sport. Maybe he’ll screw up so bad he’ll be suspended for a season. One can hope. Hate hate hate him. Like a lot.

Talented? Yes.

But for the other aspects besides putting up points playing a game, he’s just a dirtbag IMO.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Aside from the particularly dirty stuff he does at times, I really don’t mind if he keeps up the annoying antics. Makes him who he is, and adds a lot to his already pretty crazy skill set.

Reactions: bluetib

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad