Marc Bergevin - More Excuses Needed... Edition Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
This is all pointless because I don't think the Habs are ready to move on from Drouin, never mind "dump" him.
Well yes. That's not to say it's the right call.

How do you know how it will be felt?
Because players who outproduced him in less favourable conditions, who also don't heavily lose their match-ups would gain from the increased opportunities. Therefore the team as well. Keep in mind I also expect a comparable depth scorer with question marks swap. Just hopefully not as f***ed in the head.

Last edited:
Reactions: 417

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Radulov and Markov declining Bergevin's offers could end up being the best thing that happened with this franchise in a long while.

What? We missed the playoffs by two lousy points and you’re telling me that Radulov wouldn’t have made a difference on that team? For someone whose against rebuilding as much as you are, that makes no sense. Markov’s deal would’ve only been 1-2 years max anyways so it would be over now having no effect on the future. There’s absolutely no defence for not keeping atleast one of those when we had the cap to make it work, more importantly Radulov. That was horrible by Bergevin.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Bergevin can get lost at this point if it will make you feel better, he managed to actually build some kind of prospect pipe and assemble a pretty decent team that's young.
kind of prospect pipe
decent team
young -> forward group

took 7 years to the GM you love to accomplish that. no wonder you defend him all the time... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
... and who's the GM that will bring us to being a contender team ? witch guy would be your choice to lead the team at another level ?

I would like to know ( from you or from someone else) witch potential and available GM or GMs would be the best one to bring back the Cup in Montreal ? And don't forget that i said " available " ...
A guy said last week on twitter " that in reality , the GMs and Coaches that are available, are the ones who were fired by other teams because of bad success
Outside this mediocrity land...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Last NHL playoff appearance: April 22nd, 2017; 738 days ago
Last NHL playoff series win: April 26th, 2015; 1,465 days ago
Marc needs a little more time, he has us in re-set...3 yrs left on his current deal, must be soon for him to talk Mol$on into another 5 yr extension...

I still find it hard to believe the fans and the media in the city of Montreal have let this go on, and on and on...

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Yes...because Matt Duchene's got a spotless reputation lol

Once more, i'm not even arguing that Drouin is better then Duchene...what i'm saying is this team would be better with both, not necessarily by "dumping" Drouin and signing Duchene.

Whatever upgrade you think Duchene is on Drouin, on its own, I don't think would manifest itself on the ice in terms of making this team a contender.

Now if you're talking about moving Drouin for a player that can replace him up front or on defense...sure.
The team would be better WITHOUT Drouin. His laziness and hattitude are diametrically opposed to our team’s identity. Dale Weise would have got us in the playoffs given Drouin’s playing time and opportunities during the last 25 games. Theirs no spot for gutless players on this team.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
dale weise is not nhl caliber anymore so no on that
Dale Weise would have been able to score a couple of goals in that stretch. Drouin the 5.5 million dollar joke did nothing. Highest paid forward, 1.75 million more than Gallagher, 1 million more than Shaw.
Shaw alone is worth three Drouins.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The team would be better WITHOUT Drouin. His laziness and hattitude are diametrically opposed to our team’s identity. Dale Weise would have got us in the playoffs given Drouin’s playing time and opportunities during the last 25 games. Theirs no spot for gutless players on this team.
Yeah I'm sure you thinking Dale Weise was going to get the Habs in the playoffs when they acquired him.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What? We missed the playoffs by two lousy points and you’re telling me that Radulov wouldn’t have made a difference on that team? For someone whose against rebuilding as much as you are, that makes no sense. Markov’s deal would’ve only been 1-2 years max anyways so it would be over now having no effect on the future. There’s absolutely no defence for not keeping atleast one of those when we had the cap to make it work, more importantly Radulov. That was horrible by Bergevin.
He's just trolling, in the same way he's been doing it for years, don't bother replying.

Last edited:

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Yeah I'm sure you thinking Dale Weise was going to get the Habs in the playoffs when they acquired him.
I was against the Weise acquisition. But after watching Drouin slack off and avoid being hit EVEN MORE for the last 30 games of the season when it mattered the most, makes me think that Dale Weise would have done a better job, and that’s pathetic in itself. I can’t phantom why anyone who watched Drouin play all season would defend this guy.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Marc needs a little more time, he has us in re-set...3 yrs left on his current deal, must be soon for him to talk Mol$on into another 5 yr extension...

I still find it hard to believe the fans and the media in the city of Montreal have let this go on, and on and on...

These are not the same times as 10 years ago, people are not the same, the media is not the same, everyone is distracted, it's all about the experience now. Go team, go bergie, get em next year blah blah. If you are critical you are a crazy man, go with the flow, send positive vibes to the team and make the players feel wanted, give them love. :laugh:

Last edited:

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
These are not the same times as 10 years ago, people are not the same, the media is not the same, everyone is distracted, it's all about the experience now. Go team, go bergie, get em next year blah blah. If you are critical you are crazy man, go with the flow, send positive vibes to the team and make the players feel wanted, give them love. :laugh:
Yes we need to give Drouin more love, let’s love him the will to work hard on the ice. :rose::rose::rose: Here you are cup cakes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad