GDT: Maple Leafs @ Oilers || 8PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Thought of Campbell last weekend...got take-out from Red Lobster for the 1st time in ages. MMMMmmmm those cheese biscuts.

Reactions: Buds17

kb

Aug 28, 2009

finishim.gif

Reactions: Cleetus

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Lost in all the hype about our new players, we have a big chance here to extend our lead for 2nd place in the Atlantic to 6 points

Tampa is currently 4 points behind with 0 games in hand
Tampa is something crazy like 14-1-2 in their last several home games. To me, getting home ice advantage is just as important as the new additions

Reactions: HockeyVirus

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
Lost in all the hype about our new players, we have a big chance here to extend our lead for 2nd place in the Atlantic to 6 points

Tampa is currently 4 points behind with 0 games in hand
Honestly, I'm almost more concerned about injuries at this point. Facing Tampa is pretty much a lock. Home ice would for sure be nice. Edmonton plays a very dirty game with no control for their sticks and a short temper. Let's just see the boys get out healthy.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
That third line looks completely abysmal in every sense of the word imaginable.

It sucks that Kerfoot and Justin Holl still remain in this lineup after five trades in the past few weeks.
I am in the minority but i have no problem at all with kerfoot. He is the team’s utility knife. He is fine in that role.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I am in the minority but i have no problem at all with kerfoot. He is the team’s utility knife. He is fine in that role.
I don't mind him either.

I'm just not making idiotic accommodations like waiving a 24 year old Dman who is finally healthy and on the track to developing into a top-4 with 13 p in 22 games to do it.

Reactions: 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
On the flip side, being a 'utility knife' is another way of saying he doesn't have a defined role and fits awkwardly on the team IMO. Not skilled enough to be a regular top six forward, not gritty enough to be an impactful third line winger and not smart enough or big enough to play C with any regularity. It feels like he's a prototype / base model version of what a good player should be and is underdeveloped on some key features that would set him apart and give him a defined role.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
On the flip side, being a 'utility knife' is another way of saying he doesn't have a defined role and fits awkwardly on the team IMO. Not skilled enough to be a regular top six forward, not gritty enough to be an impactful third line winger and not smart enough or big enough to play C with any regularity. It feels like he's a prototype / base model version of what a good player should be and is underdeveloped on some key features that would set him apart and give him a defined role.
If we keep him it’s just injury insurance. We don’t need it as much anymore but it was nice to have a guy who can do a bad impression of Tavares for 6 games instead of playing Kampf at 2C.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I'm just not making idiotic accommodations like waiving a 24 year old Dman who is finally healthy and on the track to developing into a top-4 with 13 p in 22 games to do it.
What did I miss? Timmins was waived?

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
That's the thing with Kerfoot, he just isn't really enough of anything to have a place on the team. He's kind of just there.

No, he was not

Reactions: 1specter

kb

Aug 28, 2009
No, but it was suggested elsewhere that if roster space was required they should waive Timmins. Apparently, I overvalue scrubs like Timmins and also have no idea how much more important pending UFA Kerfoot is than him.

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I have felt and sensed that campbell might be God fearing human being and very sensitive, so I hope him well too. Always. But tonight and all this season is OUR time. To shine like a saltshaker. On the spotlight. Dubber has given us the chance of a lifetime. Since the sundin tucker belfour quinn conference finals days we aint have dat. Now we are the destroyers. The hardest team in the WORLD.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
If I was good with adding gifs or whatever they’re called, I would put up one of Dave Chappelle as Rick James. My caption would be:

“It’s a celebraschenn”, “enjoy yourself”

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad