Maple Leafs name Auston Matthews captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Oh 100% this is a good decision by Toronto he is not captain material

And no thank you, I don't want a player who got stripped of the C and has proven he can't lead a team

So explain to me why some (note I said some) Islanders fans are STILL so hurt about JT signing with the Leafs.

And let's leave out the "he should have told us" crap. Maybe he didn't know what he wanted until he had to decide?

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
So explain to me why some (note I said some) Islanders fans are STILL so hurt about JT signing with the Leafs.

And let's leave out the "he should have told us" crap. Maybe he didn't know what he wanted until he had to decide?
Same reason their are leafs fans who are upset at Sundin for leaving people hold grudges plain and simple

And we can't leave out the "he should of told us crap" it is part of the reason islanders fans don't like him

Like I said I am over it

Reactions: dukeofjive

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Doesn’t change anything. Until the team changes the way they play in the playoffs, same shit will continue to happen.

Some captains are the type to run through a brick wall to win. Neither Tavares nor Matthews are that type.

Reactions: thegazelle

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Same reason their are leafs fans who are upset at Sundin for leaving people hold grudges plain and simple

And we can't leave out the "he should of told us crap" it is part of the reason islanders fans don't like him

Like I said I am over it

The Sundin thing was totally different because guess what?

No Leafs fan has anything but massive love for Sundin. We f'n love that guy. We f'n hate the way the organization tried to play him vs the media and fans. They were absolute dicks to the guy and it was in plain site.

Not even close.

Doesn’t change anything. Until the team changes the way they play in the playoffs, same shit will continue to happen.

Some captains are the type to run through a brick wall to win. Neither Tavares nor Matthews are that type.
I can see Matthews stepping it up actually.

Marner is a different story.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
The Sundin thing was totally different because guess what?

No Leafs fan has anything but massive love for Sundin. We f'n love that guy. We f'n hate the way the organization tried to play him vs the media and fans. They were absolute dicks to the guy and it was in plain site.

Not even close.
I knew some leafs fans who were upset he left and signed with Vancouver. Not saying it was all leafs fans but I did know some

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Debatable if ever a top 3 player and 7 points in 10 games prorates to under 60 point season. He scores his points and many hattricks against lesser teams not the playoff competition.

Certainly not trash but closer to top 10 player than top 5 or 3.
The bias is incredible. Players league wide tally more goals agaist division teams than anything.

If matthews was on any other team he would be regarded higher, 100%. Leaf hate is real.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Leafs fans will still die on the hill that the Tavares signing was a good one.
The only thing that makes it bad is cap structure. Poor management. Everyone blames the players, but i blame shanaham/dubas.

Poor management has crippled this franchise for 50+ years

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I knew some leafs fans who were upset he left and signed with Vancouver. Not saying it was all leafs fans but I did know some
It wasn't even close to the same.

Cliff Fletcher went on the radio and told the media that Sundin would'nt waive his NTC, he wanted to trade him.........He made fans turn on him and the Muskoka 5. But we saw through it afterwards. He wanted to keep playing for the Leafs.

Sundin then basically went back to Sweden, and decided to play again with the Canucks around Christmas for the rest of that season, then retired.

Cliff f***ed him over big time he should have retired a Leafs player. Probably why you don't see him around much.

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
Of course but when he came back and beat us in the shootout he got a standing Ovation because leafs fans f***in love that guy.

Sundin was also 38 and his one year in Vancouver was his final season. He wanted to win a cup before he retired and didn't succeed regardless like I said I am over Tavares. It is just hilarious seeing how the Tavares era played out considering leafs fans acted like they were going to win cups (and when I say cups I don't mean one cup, many leafs fans thought they would win multiple cups)

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
EFTzKTWXYAAH0MK

It's about time!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad