Managerial Thread - 24/25 Season - Lmaonchester Lolnited

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No one's buying that. :laugh:
Everybody was a Man United fan with EtH at the wheel. How could one not be?

Does this bloke know what he's getting himself into?

Bruno Fernandes picking the manager. What could go wrong?
To be fair, he played Arsenal very well the times we fought his club in Europe/CL. I am not sure if this is a good or bad hire, but he seems like he has a sharper mind than EtH.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Seeing a number of people say that one of the reasons Liverpool ultimately didn't go with him was that he's basically 100% set on playing a back 3 all the time and the rest of the Liverpool footballing setup wasn't sold on that being the best formation either for their current squad or for recruitment moving forward.

If true and he's is insistent on implementing a back 3 at United, it could get worse before it gets better. If they're healthy I think they have the CBs to play a decent back 3 (Yoro- De Ligt - Martinez seems pretty balanced) but they're severely lacking a real wing back. I think Shaw could do great in that role since he's a great player overall and very versatile, but he can't remotely be counted on to be healthy.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I suppose it depends on how far you’re extending “one of”

If you mean somewhere in the 5-10 range of world jobs, then yea. If you mean top 2-3, then it absolutely isn’t.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Looking at the managers they've landed since ferguson...is it?
To be fair, it’s probably the best job that’s available right now or will be available in the next month or so. It’s been a shit show, but you’ll get paid a ton and they’ll likely give you two or three seasons if you demand that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad