Managerial Thread - 24/25 Season - Engloland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And I'll repeat my question? Who spent that much with only a Cup to show for it?
Sure you can say City is unreal and spend more. That's a fair argument. But without City, who's to say Arsenal would have been that competitive? It takes a locomotive to speed the train. And City also sent two of their players to Arsenal who became instant starters.
Without city Arsenal would’ve won the league this year sooo

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
We could just hire a new manager every week. Worked great for Chelsea.

How many trophies has Hodgson won with Liverpool?

Games changed how many are competing against pep’s city?
literally f***ing has, if two UCLs, 5 PLs, two UELs, and a bunch of smaller cups are anything to go by

i have no affinity for chelsea's approach to managers (obviously, c'mon you bozo), but this is an enormous swing and a miss on an insanely lazy deflection. simply saying "they gave arteta time and it worked out" does not pass even the most basic logical scrutiny.

defend ETH on his own terms, rather than leaning on a pretty lazy "it worked here, ergo"

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Arne Slot can’t bring one of his top assistants to LFC because they were denied a work permit

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
literally f***ing has, if two UCLs, 5 PLs, two UELs, and a bunch of smaller cups are anything to go by

i have no affinity for chelsea's approach to managers (obviously, c'mon you bozo), but this is an enormous swing and a miss on an insanely lazy deflection. simply saying "they gave arteta time and it worked out" does not pass even the most basic logical scrutiny.

defend ETH on his own terms, rather than leaning on a pretty lazy "it worked here, ergo"
Don’t be shy show us your trophy cabinet the last few years…. It’s not deflection ETH has 2 domestic cups in 2 years and was runner up. United were 3rd ahead of the likes of Liverpool in his first season. A 2nd season with an injury riddled team missing key players they made it tied for 7th. I wouldn’t call that doing bad all things considered.
Or as I said, you have zero idea how it would have gone.
Sure we can speculate or we can see what happened and see how Arsenal has progressed.

We’ll see a year or 2 from now. I really don’t have any love for united and couldn’t care less what they do but people want to dunk on them for weird reasons. Have it boys.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
chelsea being a shitshow has literally no bearing on whether or not ETH is a good manager or has done a good job at Man Utd, and it (again and again I have to keep emphasizing this) is an insanely lazy deflection coupled with some pretty shit logic.

but also, last few years? we're just over three years to the day from a UCL win, ya f***in clown
That’s one way to react…. You said it worked out for Chelsea having a revolving door of coaches. Which is why I guess you celebrated Pochettino leaving.

I already stated what he did in his 2 years at the club not my fault you have selective reading. Somehow the avatar and name all make sense now. Enjoy this weeks coach.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
That’s one way to react…. You said it worked out for Chelsea having a revolving door of coaches. Which is why I guess you celebrated Pochettino leaving.

I already stated what he did in his 2 years at the club not my fault you have selective reading. Somehow the avatar and name all make sense now. Enjoy this weeks coach.
man, what the f*** are you talking about

i raise that saying "give him time" to ETH because it worked for Arteta is a bad line of thinking. you started raising Chelsea over and over again. which is dumb and irrelevant, but also bears mentioning that for 15 years chelsea's managerial policy (which, as i f***ing said, i have no affection for) yielded results for a long time. so "how's the trophy cabinet" is perhaps not the right response to it.

and i'm happy that you listed what he did in the 2 years! took a nice wee while of sifting through shit about arteta, and i think it's not impressive, but it's actually relevant as opposed to silly bullshit about chelsea

go pull another lever

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
man, what the f*** are you talking about

i raise that saying "give him time" to ETH because it worked for Arteta is a bad line of thinking. you started raising Chelsea over and over again. which is dumb and irrelevant, but also bears mentioning that for 15 years chelsea's managerial policy (which, as i f***ing said, i have no affection for) yielded results for a long time. so "how's the trophy cabinet" is perhaps not the right response to it.

and i'm happy that you listed what he did in the 2 years! took a nice wee while of sifting through shit about arteta, and i think it's not impressive, but it's actually relevant as opposed to silly bullshit about chelsea

go pull another lever
Yup, still can’t read. I made the comparison because at the time people had pitch forks for Arteta on here, and I defended him being a neutral observer saying he needed time. Arsenal are now better for it. I think the same will/could happen with ETH.

Nice one but I’m too busy applying to be Chelsea next weeks manager.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Fernando Santos is the new manager of the Azerbaijan national team, pretty big fall for him but they have attracted some 'names' before, they obviously has some oil money to throw around for experienced managers but no results to show for it (Vogts, Prosinecki, DeBiasi)

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
My take on Arteta is pretty simple:

1) It's his first head coaching job
2) He's improved every year
3) I'll take it

Reactions: KJS14

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
He was so close to greatness, a CL final and the BuLi lost last season in a choke job.
Should be getting a decent gig elsewhere though.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
So, to recap, big clubs needed a coach and no one looked for him, half of Serie A changed coaches and no one looked for him. He leaves a small club, which however has the merit of launching many interesting young players, to end up in a club in a third-tier championship that does not have a project that finished 8th in the standing and that will not play european cups and where desperate coaches go to die . Good luck Robé!!
It's also true that he can't do worse than eighth place, I think, in a championship that could probably be won by anyone.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Clearly De Zerbi was hoping for United IMO.
Without them he chose a team whose football passion is unmatched and obviously where football has much more meaning to fans than anywhere in the country he comes from.
Makes sense in that aspect.
The fact a high profile coach like him chose to coach a mid table team is a good sign.
He almost joined Lyon a few years ago.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Clearly De Zerbi was hoping for United IMO.
Without them he chose a team whose football passion is unmatched and obviously where football has much more meaning to fans than anywhere in the country he comes from.
Makes sense in that aspect.
The fact a high profile coach like him chose to coach a mid table team is a good sign.
He almost joined Lyon a few years ago.
I wonder if this means a reunion with López, he loved him at Sassuolo

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Edin Terzic just rsigned in Dortmund.
If the club doesn't see a future with Terzic (and neither do I) then I'm glad this happened right away, although for a non Dortmund fan it might seem a little puzzling to not continue with the coach that went to the UCL final with them.

Terzic's transfer window last summer was horrible. He was in charge of a team that had their worst result in the Bundesliga since 2015. They got severely outplayed against the top 4 teams this season, there's no sugarcoating it. And he also couldn't pull the team together when Bayern did everything they possibly could to gift them a Bundesliga title. There was too much mistrust with Terzic that a simple UCL run would fix everything, although I was also surprised by this news.

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad