Managerial Thread - 24/25 Season - Engloland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Job listing for the England job:

Will you guys vouch for me? :)
Too busy applying for it myself.

I'm sure all of this board can agree that I would be the absolutely perfect man for the job.

Reactions: KJS14 and cgf

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
And this is why I do not ever believe in the USNT. You can have Xavi in that midfield and they would still fail to beat Panama, Costa Rica, and Bolivia.
Granted almost all of the US's problems are at the developmental level. Or were at least. I haven't been around youth level coaches in some time, but assuming not a ton has changed, until that improves no strides will be made at the highest level.

Reactions: DaveG

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Granted almost all of the US's problems are at the developmental level. Or were at least. I haven't been around youth level coaches in some time, but assuming not a ton has changed, until that improves no strides will be made at the highest level.
I'm not certain this is fully it. the MLS academies have clearly progressed quite bit in the last few years.

I personally subscribe to the "they're too good to be bad, and therefore are bad at being bad" thesis. the US was successful through the '00s and early '10s with players who are indisputably worse than the players they currently have, because they knew that they were underdogs and they played like it. they were frustrating to play against and had guys who were good at banging in goals on the counter.

US youth development has gotten quite a bit better (resulting in more young USians moving to Europe at ~16 or so), but because the players are better they're trying to play good football, they're trying to play like a good team, and they're simply not good enough to play like a good team. so their results as a more skilled team are worse than their results as a less skilled one.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Post Euro not too many managerial changes yet. We know of Southgate of course but in the last few days the managers of Denmark and Romania have resigned as well

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Klopp did not actually say he's done as a manager. He said *as of today* he feels like he's done as a manager, but he also said that in a few months' time he might have a different view.

Having just been on the first prolonged real vacation with real relaxation in a long time it's hard to blame him for feeling that way, but let's be real here, these remarks are those of someone who's deeply aware of the potential that the 'itch' comes back when he sits on his couch in November and watches football matches on TV. This is a guy who is on record of having said that he can't imagine life without working with a team on a daily basis.

I'm not saying he's definitely taking a job next summer, but if he did I also wouldn't be surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad