Managerial Thread - 24/25 Season - Brighton Hove and Lolbion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Contract aside, Kamada was absolutely vital since Tudor came in - played every game and looked revitilazed.
Kamada at Eintracht career: one goal contribution every 176 minutes
last season at Eintracht: one goal contribution every 150 minutes

Kamada at Lazio: one goal contribution every 476 minutes (LOL). Our defensive midfielders were more useful than he was in attack.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Kamada at Lazio: one goal contribution every 476 minutes (LOL). Our defensive midfielders were more useful than he was in attack.
I'm not sure if you're serious, valuing a midfielder solely according to his goal contributions.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm not sure if you're serious, valuing a midfielder solely according to his goal contributions.
He's an attacking mid who's below average defensively, what should I value him by?

I'm acting like a scorn lover over Kamada exactly because I liked him at Frankfurt and had high expectations for him in Serie A, but he underperformed, no way around it. Don't understand his surprise at being let go.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I mean looking at whoscored, he did get rated much more highly over the last two months of the season than he had been previously.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I mean looking at whoscored, he did get rated much more highly over the last two months of the season than he had been previously.
I only watched two games of Lazio under Tudor, so that might be right, but he was bad at the beginning of the season and when he seemed to be turning it around he got injured.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I only watched two games of Lazio under Tudor, so that might be right, but he was bad at the beginning of the season and when he seemed to be turning it around he got injured.
He was Lazio's best player under Tudor IMO.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m sure it won’t be popular among United fans here, but I’m fine with it. Obviously ETH has his flaws but makes some sense for INEOS. With the FO not still fully officially at the club it makes sense to wait for guys they think make sense. Plus I don’t think there’s any clear upgrade easily available necessarily and it’s not really their guy so if things go south again next year he can easily be sacked.

Reactions: Jussi and Gecklund

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I’m sure it won’t be popular among United fans here, but I’m fine with it. Obviously ETH has his flaws but makes some sense for INEOS. With the FO not still fully officially at the club it makes sense to wait for guys they think make sense. Plus I don’t think there’s any clear upgrade easily available necessarily and it’s not really their guy so if things go south again next year he can easily be sacked.
Supposedly they’re negotiating an extension too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Chelsea get clowned for having a revolving door of coaches, united getting clowned for sticking with their guy....

Maybe if they had an actual plan ETH would have something to work with.

Reactions: Gecklund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I just don't see EtH being the one to lead any new projects at United. That being said firing him and after 2 years also isn't great for the whole project thing....

United seem stuck.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea get clowned for having a revolving door of coaches, united getting clowned for sticking with their guy....

Maybe if they had an actual plan ETH would have something to work with.
This is like a toxic marriage that is staying together because the woman got pregnant. ETH is absolutely part of the problem here, and the only reason he is staying is because Utd whiffed on other targets and he beat a hung over Man City side for the Fa Cup

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is like a toxic marriage that is staying together because the woman got pregnant. ETH is absolutely part of the problem here, and the only reason he is staying is because Utd whiffed on other targets and he beat a hung over Man City side for the Fa Cup
Tbf all the firing stuff all came from some from Chelsea reporter that jumped the gun. I’m not saying ETH is the guy long term, but clearly INEOS came in treating the club as a blank slate, which included looking at available managers and seeing if ETH is worth keeping. Which he probably isn’t worth keeping long term, but it’d probably be worse to get another manager that isn’t a good fit as ETH right now with no official DOF.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad