Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
The fact that they were quick to move on from Lindholm and Zadorov seems like they were confident in replacing them. I don't know how you can really do that now.

It'll have to be more like a 2nd line winger/3rd line center/5th defenceman.
If the offer of $5.5m avg for Z are true; I'm not sure what more they could to do. His agent has apparently said he wanted a bigger role which Van could not offer him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If the offer of $5.5m avg for Z are true; I'm not sure what more they could to do. His agent has apparently said he wanted a bigger role which Van could not offer him.

Yeah, I think the rumoured $5M for Zadorov and $7M for Lindholm was more than fair. That just seems like a case of those guys wanting to move on and chase their bag somewhere else.

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
We train and create all these hockey machines and then they don't come back, almost ever. We'll always have Dan Hamhuis I guess.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Slowly but surely the big ticket players are coming off the board.....so unless a big trade is coming, I wonder how active the Canucks will be in Free Agent Frenzy.

Some of these guys are getting basically stupid money and term to boot......hopefully when the frenzy subsides, there might be some 'value players' still on the board. That's how they inked guys like Cole, Blueger and Suter a year ago.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Still some quality defencemen on the board:

Pesce
Montour
Skjei

Attachments

• of3ipZ4 (1).jpeg
    of3ipZ4 (1).jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

rea

Feb 8, 2011
That'll get you into the playoffs but not out of the first round.
But this also means they have so much capspace and picks for bullets at tdl to fill holes, when the dollar value of the cap multiplies. They'd not go into playoffs with that roster I'm pretty sure given how this management has been working

Reactions: Lindgren

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Suter/Miller/Boeser
Hoglander/Pettersson/Joshua
Podkolzin/Blueger/Garland
Di Giuseppe/Aman/Bains
Sasson

Hughes/Hronek
Soucy/Myers
Wolanin/Juulsen
Friedman

Demko
Silovs
so basically you're running it back with the same squad with a few abbotsford guys in there. yeah that team isnt making the playoffs let alone getting out of the first round. number 1 priority is to get petterson some winger help. theres so many what ifs... what if hughes gets hurts? miller boeser? whose replacing them?

Reactions: dez

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Frustrating the team didn’t pony up for Guentzel’s rights.

The rumoured names don’t inspire a ton of confidence - would rather have Mikheyev over a guy like Teravainen, frankly.

Marchessault (without too much term) and Matt Roy are the only difference makers left. Ok with Arvidsson short term too. If those aren’t players the team could land, would rather go short term on some quality two-way players (Martinook, Carrier, Trenin, etc.) and a couple upside plays and plan to try to grind it out next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad