Proposal: Malkin and Kessel for Bergeron and Marchand

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
It may be sacrilege but as a Pens fan I do think Bergeron is better than Malkin. Malkin has great highs obviously and it an elite player but Bergeron does it all. He's the most underrated player in the nhl imo.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
you say this like Malkin is a defensive liability. He's no Bergeron, but he's fine in his own zone

Sure. Problem is that Malkin is pretty much always broken, for significant time. From 2009-10, he had only 1 season where he got close to 82 games when in 2011-12 (already FOUR full seasons ago) he played 75 games. Dude lost 138 (ONE HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT) games in the last 6 1/2 seasons...

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I can't even put into words as to how much I despise threads like these lol. Serves zero purpose to anyone, the definition of a pissing contest.

This is a good point. Both teams create major team chemistry issues and arguably don't make their teams much better.

Makes zero sense.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Reading this thread, it sounds like Bruins fans are happy they haven't made the playoffs for two years.

even more happy with our 2 trips to the finals with bergeron/marchand and the teams committment to 2way play

we missed playoffs for last 2 years by a single win... one win over an 82 game schedule... sadly chara has been hurt and the rest of our defense has been shallow.

but 1 win...

pittsburgh was in very very serious trouble of missing the playoffs the last 2 seasons too... even with crosby/malkin...

in fact pittsburgh felt so desperate about it they had to fire 2 coached... despite having crosby and malkin...

when boston met pittsburg in the playoffs bergeron and marchand owned malkin and crosby...

so thanks for the brilliant little potshot, buy in all honesty boston fans are quite happy to carry forward with bergeron and marchand. you are welcome to keep malkin and kessel if that keeps you warm at night

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Do you have a link for any of this? Not saying your wrong, but I have never heard him say any of this, maybe I wasn't paying attention enough.

im referencing the problems he had in toronto... the toronto media turned these events into week long talk show rants when they happen.

the part where kessel refused to be coached was at training camp and was a refusal to work with the new assistant coach... i think over breakouts from the defensive zone maybe?

his im going fishing comment came after the playoff loss to boston if i remember right...

his not willing to play defense was a comment from his coach ron wilson when asked why they dont play kessel at center? its rare for a coach to be that blunt about a star player.

from what i understand kessel is popular with his teammates but hes always been a lightning rod for fans and his coaches have always asked for more...

hes so talented hes successful despite all this other stuff, but hes less than he could be. hes gives us less on the ice than hes paid to give us...

and he never convinces us that it bothers him when his team loses.

thats why he cant play in boston. boston wants players that are willing to play with a punctured lung. boston wants players we can believe take pride in wearing our uniform.

kessel, seguin, thornton, hamilton, wheeler never convinced us they were willing to go to war to be a bruin... bergeron and marchand have never given us a second of doubt

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So do you not think the Thornton, Seguin and Hamilton trades hurt the Bruins?

if thornton stays he and his buddies samsonov, murray, raycroft, boynton continue to control the locker room...

clearing out that click brought us tukka rask and milan lucic... opened a leadership role and caproom enough to bring in zdeno chara... created the need to bring in marc savard

clearly it was the right decesion... boston went on to be one of the leagues 3 most successful teams over the next 8 years

the seguin trade might help dallas alot... so far very limited success... boston felt seguin has very bad friends in boston... very bad off ice habits. you can argue we would like a better return, but the team felt strongly he had to go

hamilton is a very smart kid... im sure he knows bruin fans boo the hell out of non physical big guys. i think hamilton is smart enough to realize he has no intention of ever being physical and didnt want to play in a city where he would be bood every game.

if calgary fans are willing to cheer a 50-60 point non physical average defensively dman, thats better for hamilton... thats what he wants.

remember boston offered him a contract... hamilton and his parents wanted to leave.

boston fans expect hard work and a commitment to winning from even its most talented players

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin at his best is better than just about anyone. Injuries and lack of scoring wingers have hurt him to a degree. But when on he dominates a game like very few can. Bergeron is not one of them. Kessel play at a level that he can change the direction of a game in a seconds notice. He also proved when the bright lights are on, he comes to play.

LeveilleFan19

Jul 13, 2016
Four good players that fit perfectly with their current teams. The only thing this thread does is open a grade school argument over who's dad is better than the others.

Stats don't tell the whole story of a player. Sure, Malkin and Kessel are gifted offensive players that any team would enjoy having. On the other hand, Bergeron and Marchand are gifted, all around players who are dangerous in all zones.

So, let's play pretend for a moment..... If asked, who do you think Crosby would prefer to play with on a regular basis? Malkin/Kessel or Bergeron/Marchand?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Four good players that fit perfectly with their current teams. The only thing this thread does is open a grade school argument over who's dad is better than the others.

Stats don't tell the whole story of a player. Sure, Malkin and Kessel are gifted offensive players that any team would enjoy having. On the other hand, Bergeron and Marchand are gifted, all around players who are dangerous in all zones.

So, let's play pretend for a moment..... If asked, who do you think Crosby would prefer to play with on a regular basis? Malkin/Kessel or Bergeron/Marchand?

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Bergeron-Marchand
Hagelin-Bonino-Rust

Or

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Rust
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel

The difference is that Malkin and Kessel have shown over their careers that they can carry a #1 line by themselves.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
This is a very good proposal thread. The fact that its so difficult for me to choose is a pretty good indication of that. leaning to the bruins, better two way game for both, established chemistry, lower cap hit, and i just like canadians cause I'm one :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad