Proposal: Malkin and Kessel for Bergeron and Marchand

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I don't think either team make that deal but I'd bet the value is pretty close

Malkin
Bergeron

Marchand
Kessel

2advanced4u

Jun 15, 2016
Lol no. Would do Malkin and hornqvist maybe

Bergeron has 3 of the last 5 selkes. Malkin is not as good offensively as Bergeron is defensively.

Marchand scored 11 more goals than Kessel last year, and is a phenomenal two way player, Kessel's two way game is attrocious.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Problem with this is Malkin can't stay on the ice. He's obviously the best player of the four but only playing 50-60 games a year is not good.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Let's just assume that Malkin and Bergeron have even value, mainly because I don't want to get into that debate. How does:

A. A pending UFA Marchand worth a guy who just had 22 points in a playoff run who is signed long term and finished as a runner up to the Conn Smythe.
B. A pending UFA Marchand worth a guy who finished 4th in Norris voting and is signed long term.

What a dumb thread, I'd rather just take a chance at signing Marchand next summer (which I don't think the Penguins will be able to do).

How? Can you not put Bergy on line 2 and Marchy on line 3?

Why are they trading for Marchand and Bergeron if they're not going to play them with Crosby? What's the point of that. Bergeron-Marchand is a downgrade from Malkin-Kessel, so how does that make the Penguins better?

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
How? Can you not put Bergy on line 2 and Marchy on line 3?

you can, but I assume the reason this thread was made was because of Crosby's good chemistry with Bergy and Marchand, so I'd assume OP wanted them to play together.. that would make the Pens' forward group.. not good other than the first line

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Bergeron has 3 of the last 5 selkes. Malkin is not as good offensively as Bergeron is defensively.

Marchand scored 11 more goals than Kessel last year, and is a phenomenal two way player, Kessel's two way game is attrocious.

Marchand has 1 season with 30+ goals. Kessel has 5. Offensively, as a neutral fan, I'd want Kessel 99 times out of 100.

Defensively, Marchand is the easy choice.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Let's just assume that Malkin and Bergeron have even value, mainly because I don't want to get into that debate. How does:

A. A pending UFA Marchand worth a guy who just had 22 points in a playoff run who is signed long term and finished as a runner up to the Conn Smythe.
B. A pending UFA Marchand worth a guy who finished 4th in Norris voting and is signed long term.

What a dumb thread, I'd rather just take a chance at signing Marchand next summer (which I don't think the Penguins will be able to do).

Why are they trading for Marchand and Bergeron if they're not going to play them with Crosby? What's the point of that. Bergeron-Marchand is a downgrade from Malkin-Kessel, so how does that make the Penguins better?

Good post

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
Bruins lose defensive depth and Pens lose offensive depth, Bruins are the one team that can't give up more defensive players(both Bergeron and Marchand are beasts defending) IMO Pitts would probably want Marchand on a new contract and they would say yes, but the Bruins wouldn't do Pens a solid, it'd be more or less like a 6-7 player trade, both teams adding a dman(Chara for Letang) maybe a small add from Bruins, so let's mark it up at Bergy + Marchand + Chara + 3rd for Letang + Malkin + Kessel

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Bruins lose defensive depth and Pens lose offensive depth, Bruins are the one team that can't give up more defensive players(both Bergeron and Marchand are beasts defending) IMO Pitts would probably want Marchand on a new contract and they would say yes, but the Bruins wouldn't do Pens a solid, it'd be more or less like a 6-7 player trade, both teams adding a dman(Chara for Letang) maybe a small add from Bruins, so let's mark it up at Bergy + Marchand + Chara + 3rd for Letang + Malkin + Kessel

Holy crap that is bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad