GDT: LXII | "2½ Hours Where Nothing Exciting Happens" | Oilers vs. Wild | 6:00PM | SN-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We're a one line team right now. I like the play of Schultz, Klefbom and Marincin tonight. The fact that we are even in this game with all of our injuries is a testament to Nelson.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wonder if the icings are partly due to the ice there. It seems really good. Not much bouncing pucks

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Not too sure how many times it needs to be said, but please don't respond to trolls. Thanks.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Poor period, Wild got their forecheck going and we could not move the puck at all. Scrivens is dialed in though, so we are in with a chance.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not too sure how many times it needs to be said, but please don't respond to trolls. Thanks.

Exactly, that's what we're here for. It's human nature to want to reply to stuff like that but report it instead to make sure that we get a chance to dust off our Mod sticks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
But if it wasn't for Roy, Klinkhammer and Fraser we'd be no where!

No doubt! They are game changers!

All joking aside Roy has been a solid addition but he's showing that he can't carry a scoring line right now.

Poor period, Wild got their forecheck going and we could not move the puck at all. Scrivens is dialed in though, so we are in with a chance.

It's a lot more interesting game when they are trailing because instead of clogging the neutral zone and their own blueline they are pressing to tie the game. That said we have too many AHLers on our club right now and with Yak out we have only one effective line so it's to be expected against a solid team like the Wild.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Hate to say it but we need to lose. Buf won. Ari lost. We need to lose this in regulation to increase our odds for a generational player

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Do these guys honestly believe Voynov is coming back this year. Not a chance. It's probably 50/50 he ever makes it back into the league

Unless he gets cleared on the 2nd and all charges are dropped (it sounded like that's when his court appearance is) he won't be back any time soon.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hate to say it but we need to lose. Buf won. Ari lost. We need to lose this in regulation to increase our odds for a generational player

I hear you but for all we know the team that finishes 3rd last will win the lottery. We won't pass Buffalo unless we win the lottery IMO so that's a moot point.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He also praised Pouliot and Eberle. He likes the game that RNH plays, has for much of the season, just because he sees him being better than you do doesn't make him wrong.

Not really

His analyst of the 2nd goal boiled down to claiming that RNH made it all happen by driving to the net, barely mentioning the other two on the play. It was rather out of character for him to fixate on something as simplistic as that specifically to highlight someone who was at best, on the periphery of the play(and was easily shoved out of effective position).

Just seemed out of place from his usual commentary.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not really

His analyst of the 2nd goal boiled down to claiming that RNH made it all happen by driving to the net, barely mentioning the other two on the play. It was rather out of character for him to fixate on something as simplistic as that specifically to highlight someone who was at best, on the periphery of the play(and was easily shoved out of effective position).

Just seemed out of place from his usual commentary.

He drew a defender to the side of the net it wasn't anything special but in a minute way it may have distracted the goalie. Nothing special, of that I agree.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB

1 goal lead going into the third? Let me run the numbers...

Lo3QT8

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad