GDT: LXI | "Why You Heff To Be Bad?" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 2.21.15 | 5:00PM | SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012

Absolutely nasty pass from Yakupov. It's amazing what a half-decent coach and a little confidence can do for a young player. A month ago, posters were commenting on Yakupov lack of hockey sense, inability to drive the puck and how bad his one-timers are. Funny to see the exact opposite from Yak now.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria

Absolutely nasty pass from Yakupov. It's amazing what a half-decent coach and a little confidence can do for a young player. A month ago, posters were commenting on Yakupov lack of hockey sense, inability to drive the puck and how bad his one-timers are. Funny to see the exact opposite from Yak now.

Hamilton would have whiffed on that.

And props to Nelson for recognizing that and moving yak up the depth chart so he would have decent players to play with.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Just checking in, how have the oilers been playing?

Really hoping they can pull out a big win tonight.

The ducks looked like they were going to blow out the oilers after ten minutes in the first.

Since then the oilers have carried the action though due to lack of finish its still even going in to the third

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I dont get the dislike of purcell, sure he is slow but he is generally acceptably effective IMO. I would understand if we had insane forward depth but...

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Benoit Pouliot - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Teddy Purcell - Derek Roy - Nail Yakupov
Ryan Hamilton - Matt Hendricks - Irio Pakarinen
Luke Gazdic - Boyd Gordon - Rob Klinkhammer

Oscar Klefbom - Justin Schultz
Martin Marincin - Mark Fayne
Andrew Ference - Jordan Osterele

Ben Scrivens
Richard Bachman

All bolded are AHL players and almost everyone else is playing a line or pairing or two above where they should be, we have no business being in this game but the Oil are actually looking really good.

That's coaching

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I dont get the dislike of purcell, sure he is slow but he is generally acceptably effective IMO. I would understand if we had insane forward depth but...

I just wish he was harder to play against. It would be nice to have a guy with his body frame, and use it to punish the other team once in a while. Purcell is an ok player, but is warm butter soft.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

Purcell is the Schultz of forwards... a guy that just doesn't look like he gives much out there in terms of effort/intensity... ya he gets some pts but just doesn't give the impression that he puts anything more than he has to into the game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Purcell is the Schultz of forwards... a guy that just doesn't look like he gives much out there in terms of effort/intensity... ya he gets some pts but just doesn't give the impression that he puts anything more than he has to into the game.

Schultz plays more physical than Purcell.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006

Some guys just aren't that physical, but I like how he manages his skating to open up room - he is really good at reading the play, making passes and shooting.

He could be so much more if he was a faster skater but he seems to make up for that enough with his positioning IMO.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Some guys just aren't that physical, but I like how he manages his skating to open up room - he is really good at reading the play, making passes and shooting.

He could be so much more if he was a faster skater but he seems to make up for that enough with his positioning IMO.

He's more or less a depth guy, and with Hall out, Purcell is having to play higher up the line up than he should be, which doesnt help anyone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad