LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I've watched every game this year and he is keeping up perfectly fine, and even outplaying quite a few Oilers.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Hall has fit in well from what I've seen. My only criticism is that he's, understandably, pressing way too hard for that 1st goal. I wouldn't be surprised if he settles down and starts scoring in bunches once he gets that out of the way.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I always give 18 year old rookies a pass, especially after Stamkos. Look at how well Tavares and E.Kane are playing now. It's the sophomore year that I really want to see.

Hall should have more points though. He's thrown some golden passes to Horcoff that Horcoff has blown completely.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Some young forwards translate directly to The NHL, others there is a little growing pains because they relied too much on their natural talent in Jrs. Hall is one of the most talented Jr kids I have ever seen. He was physically ready for The NHL, just a monster. He would drive through kids... you can't do that in The NHL. There is a learning curve for him this year, but once he learns correct positioning, he'll be a force.

This reminds me a lot of when Joe Thornton got to the NHL. He was so much bigger and stronger then everyone else in Jrs he just dominated his piers. Over time, he learned the game and he's been a top-5 forward since 2003. Hall will learn the game, and the best place to learn it is in The NHL.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Keep him in NHL over 9 games, then loan him to a European club. This has been done with European draft picks, but is it possible (rules) to do that with North Americans?

There is no need, like the person who presented the Stamkos and Duchene arguments it takes a while sometimes for players to adjust to the NHL level. Its best to be patient it will come for Taylor, and yes I believe we have been spoiled by the Crosby's of the NHL who immediately light up the league.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
One question I always ask whenever this topic comes up: WHY?!?!?!

What's Hall going to do in Windsor? Win another Memorial Cup MVP?

Exactly, he wont improve unless he learns to play at an NHL level.

I predicted this though. I thought about a 20 goal season at best.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm pretty sure there's also a « Should Tavares go back to the London Knights? » and a similar Steven Stamkos topic on this board... so.. yeah

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
1st career nhl goal tonight plus an assist so far. has had some nice rushes as well. looks totally comfortable out there even throwing some hits

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There is no need, like the person who presented the Stamkos and Duchene arguments it takes a while sometimes for players to adjust to the NHL level. Its best to be patient it will come for Taylor, and yes I believe we have been spoiled by the Crosby's of the NHL who immediately light up the league.

What if after 20 games he's still scoreless?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Figures. :laugh: Actually meant to say what if he's got less than ~5 points after 20+ games? No, really. :D

That depends, is he still generating more scoring chances than almost everyone on the team? Who is he playing with?

I suspect he'll have something like 12-13 points after 20 games, mind you. Especially if he sticks with Hemsky and Gagner, as it appeared he might have been promoted during the game tonight.

Cephalusc

Nov 21, 2006
Definately no! He is NHL ready, he just hasn't put up the numbers.

And thats coming from a Flames fan.

Paajarvi on the other hand isn't.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He's not going to develop anything if he gets sent down.. He hasn't been invisible and has actually been getting the chances.. numbers don't say everything.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I dunno if you're from Kanata or what, but that ain't Queen's English.

You'd have to say I've come away...

Or

"everytime I watch"

Neh. Ah?
"Queen's English" isn't exactly something to strive for.

All 3 rookies have played very well.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
How were we spoiled with malkin and ovechkin? They werent in the nhl at 18. Lockout year. And Malkin didnt come til another year after ovechkin so you cant compare them to Hall. Crosby ok. we were spoiled .

But look at Stamkos / Duchene etc. He will be fine. let him get used to the speed and the game at the nhl level. He will shine.. it may be this season or next but he has nothing left to prove at the OHL. So this is the only logical step. Aslong as hes not a liability on the ice then keep playing him at the nhl level.

Spoiled as in rookies completely tearing it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad