LW Roby Järventie - Belleville Senators, AHL (2020, 33rd, OTT, traded to EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
Jarventie now holds the goal-scoring record for a U18 Mestis season(18 in 28gp). I know this isn't that impressive since the best Finnish prospects generally bypass the Mestis and go straight to the Liiga, but he's scored at almost the exact same rate as Patrik Puistola(who looked quite good at the WJC's) did in the same league last year. Any chance Jarventie gets loaned to a struggling Liiga team?

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Finnish winger Roby Jarventie graduated to the Finnish SM Liiga this year, playing five games and scoring one goal for Ilves. Needing a bit more development, he was loaned to KooVee Tampere in the Mestis, Finland’s second highest men’s division. He put up 23 goals and 38 points in 36 games. Jarventie was named to the Mestis second all-star team. He also played for Finland at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, scoring one goal in three games. Overall, Jarventie had four goals and three assists for seven points for Finland’s Under-18 team.

In 2018-19, Jarventie played nine games for Ilves in the Finnish Under-18 league and absolutely dominated. He put up 14 goals and 28 points, averaging over three points per game. He was quickly moved up to the Under-20 league putting up 14 goals and 31 points in 40 games. Jarventie also played for Finland at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He helped the team to a silver medal, however, he scored just one goal in six games. Overall, Jarventie put up seven goals and 14 points in 27 games with the Under-17 National Team. He put up three points in three games and won bronze at the European Youth Olympics.

Our Scouting Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/18/roby-jarventie-scouting-report/

Reactions: SpezDispenser

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Mestes must be a terrible pro league. This guy killed it this year and is projected to go in the 2nd round. He’s as young as they come, too.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Mestes must be a terrible pro league. This guy killed it this year and is projected to go in the 2nd round. He’s as young as they come, too.

Mestis isn't up there as far as leagues go for sure. It's still behind some countries second leagues like VHL, Allsvenskan and possibly Czech2 as well. Still, a record is a record.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Sounds like a highly underrated boom or bust prospect

My thoughts exactly. Really like his skills in close and ability to get shots through blocks, release is pretty nice also. Skating and hockey sense are above-average too, but he doesn't have ++skill, isn't even close to an elite thinker of the game nor a very energetic player in all three zones. If everything clicks with him you've got borderline first-line upside, but if it doesn't you have a taller, stronger, slower Hunter Shinkaruk, AKA a complete bust.

I wouldn't draft him in the second, it's too risky, but in the third he's a real solid pick that could pay great dividends to the team that drafts him ala Victor Olofsson.

Anyways, Jarventie is definitely another one of those you keep tabs on in the coming years, and an interesting gamble for those teams with depth that can afford to ''waste'' a draft pick in the likely scenario that he doesn't make it.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I wouldn't really call it a pro league. Rather, I'd say it's a semi pro league. You make less playing in Mestis than you'd make working as a cashier at a supermarket.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

Yeah, Mestis isn't great. I am eager to see what Järventie can do in Liiga this season. I hope that playing in a better league will light a fire and make him work harder 'cos the main criticism towards him is his motivation. Maybe it hasn't been that great because Mestis isn't a true pro league so it is not so competetative. In Liiga the competetion is better and should force him to work harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad