LW Quentin Musty - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2023, 26th, SJS)

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Sudbury's roster isn't as good this year...he just wants to go to a better team for his last year in the OHL. As a Canadian, who has lived in Sudbury before...this has nothing to do with being a self-entitled American...Canadian players do this as well.
Sounds like it also plays into the criticism he got in Sharks camp for being all offense and not playing well away from the puck. Sudbury doesn’t sound like a good environment for Musty to improve on his deficiencies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That is helpful to understand, thanks. Obviously Gushchin being 22, turning 23 in February, can help explain how he's ready to go, while Musty just turned 19.

Dickinson is like a ready made NHLer but I think there's an upside gap there with Musty.
I disagree on upside gap between the two. I think their upside is comparable (albeit different position), with Dickinson being more likely to be an impact player.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
We are now half a dozen games into the OHL season and this guy is still holding out. Unbelievable. The entitlement of refusing to report to an OHL team where you are gonna be there for 3 months to 8 months max is a bit much. Unless the Sudbury management was pulling some Mike Babcock shit on him (which I doubt as he's their top player) this doesn't seem good.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Most Sharks fans agree that Sudbury is not a great place for him to further develop. He clearly wasn’t NHL ready and AHL isn’t an option.

I assume the Sharks are in on this and either told him to hold out or at least support him holding out.

Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad