LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DayTripper

Jul 9, 2013
DPR of HF
LegitimateBrokenKitty.gif

Nice play, but he wouldn't be able to pull those moves against NHL players. He would get crushed.

stardefender*

Another view:

SimplisticThankfulBlueandgoldmackaw.gif

HeftyClumsyCowrie.gif

"I just skated down the side there and Johnny basically drew everybody in the rink to him, deked them out and then made a great pass to me," said Wideman. "I don't know how he knew that I was there, but he made some fantastic moves and just put it on my tape. I just got it on net."

"I think we all knew Johnny could be a great game-breaker. That's no secret," Wideman said. "Whenever he has the puck in the offensive zone, he can control the play and control the game."

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So he his career numbers look like this now:
8 gp 2g 2a +5

With 3 points in his last 2 gp. Kid is making a lot of folks look foolish with his play.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
8 gp 2g 2a +5

With 3 points in his last 2 gp. Kid is making a lot of folks look foolish with his play.

Good for him. He is a real nice guy. The people who he's making look foolish the most are the GMs and scouts who rated him a mid round pick and those teams who passed on him because of size.

AFTeRMaTH*

Good for the kid, but can you guys slow your roll. "Making GMs look foolish" "Making lots of folks look foolish"
Look Im rooting for the kid but give it time. Cory Conacher was shiz for a little while back if I recall.

AFTeRMaTH*

He's currently making Drouin and Stamkos look like they don't belong in the NHL.

Hedman looked like a fool trying to defend him in the first.

Lol. For some odd reason I dont think youve watched a minute of the game.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Where is the Gaudreau hate this morning? Where are the comments that he needs to be sent down to the AHL? Where are the comments that he isn't a Calder candidate?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Where is the Gaudreau hate this morning? Where are the comments that he needs to be sent down to the AHL? Where are the comments that he isn't a Calder candidate?

Before I was thinking they should put Gaudreau with Monahan to get Gaudreau going.

Now I think they should put them together to get Monahan going.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

He's the 14th best rookie in points per game. If the Calder was decided today, he wouldn't finish top 5 in voting. Spouting off about how great he is now is about the same as bashing on him when he clearly showed promise... it's waaayyy too early to tell.

Slow your roll

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
8 gp 2g 2a +5

Lets settle down for a second you two, its amazing how quickly opinions change after just 2 good games. Remember when Gagner had 8 points in one game? I still cant believe he didnt win the Hart that year! :sarcasm:

The was an awfully nice assist though.

As for the bolded.. for the first 5 games he was making his supporters look foolish, so lets give it 30 games or so before we start talking about how his season is going.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Lets settle down for a second you two, its amazing how quickly opinions change after just 2 good games. Remember when Gagner had 8 points in one game? I still cant believe he didnt win the Hart that year! :sarcasm:

As for the bolded.. for the first 5 games he was making his supporters look foolish, so lets give it 30 games or so before we start talking about how his season is going.
Gaudreau wasn't making his supporters look foolish at all. That's such a ridiculous thing to say, he was still out there creating chances and those who were watching were not disappointed in his play.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

All this tells me is that you haven't seen those games, and I don't need to give your opinion weight anymore. What a joke.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA

For freakin' sakes, you didn't watch the games. You're just a stat watcher. Gaudreau was being sheltered minutes, needed a little breather, and then game back better than ever.

I think you need a break from this thread.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
For freakin' sakes, you didn't watch the games. You're just a stat watcher. Gaudreau was being sheltered minutes, needed a little breather, and then game back better than ever.

Not to mention he was both visibly and statistically our best forward without the puck during that stretch of games.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Gaudreau wasn't making his supporters look foolish at all. That's such a ridiculous thing to say, he was still out there creating chances and those who were watching were not disappointed in his play.

All this tells me is that you haven't seen those games, and I don't need to give your opinion weight anymore. What a joke.

Actually, I watched every single of those first 5 games. I even commented that yes he did look good, but wasn't producing.

What i can also tell you is that you are not going to win the Calder by just "looking good". So yes, in those first 5 games he was making those people look foolish since he wasnt producing anything and was then a healthy scratch, which I then even mentioned that his lack of production wouldnt last. He then has two good games and the supporters come back out.

Which is why I'm saying lets give it till the half way mark in the year before we actually call anyone (Lovers or doubters) "foolish".

I think you guys need to settle down and stop being so sensitive. Its ok to admit he didn't have a great first 5 games.

Rolen

Mikael Ferlund
Jun 6, 2012
London, Ontario
Gaudreau was underwhelming in his first 5 games. Had some flashes but that was it. Being a healthy scratch seems to have helped him and getting that first goal has definitely given him a huge boost of confidence, which is what he needs to play with to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad