LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
The replay shows Pavlec was screened. He thought it was shot on net.
Nice move but that was not a difficult goal.

He moves the puck really quickly, and just manges to tuck it in from his knees. Pretty skillful play, and an important goal for the team.

East Hockey

Sep 1, 2014
He moves the puck really quickly, and just manges to tuck it in from his knees. Pretty skillful play, and an important goal for the team.

I've sarcastically posted on both ends of the Gaudreau extremism because they're equally ridiculous and present but this post is serious.

I watched that gif a few times when it was first posted and didn't even notice he fell to his knees. Maybe it's the camera angle or I was looking at the puck instead of his itty bitty legs.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Came for Gaudreau goal freakout and not dissapointed.

2 things:
1. I called this happening and I'm the best.
2. TSN failed on Sportscenter and called it his first career goal. *facepalm* boy, theyve sure gone downhill...

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hayes scored his first NHL goal before Gaudreau did. Hayes clearly carried Gaudreau in college.

What an ignorant post.

Gaudreau definitely carried Arnold and Hayes. And just for the record, I would much prefer Gaudreau and Arnold before Hayes.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Nobody carried that line. They were like the hossa sharp toews line, toews gets the most credit but they all are elite players.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There was a bit of annoyance when watching the game and hearing everyone broadcasting it refer to the goal as his first, then interviewing him about his first NHL goal...

I understand. It was just funny to see 3 of you say basically the same thing in a row.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So he is what 2g 1a +5 in 7gp for his career now? Not bad for a rookie playing like 12 mins a night who is supposed to be some defensive liability . . . kid's 2 way play is severely underrated. He's no Selke candidate but he does pretty well for himself, especially on the backcheck and breakout.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012

I agree it was skillful and quick but I don't get the Wow factor.
He had more time than he figured to tuck the puck in.

bWo*

What an ignorant post.

Gaudreau definitely carried Arnold and Hayes. And just for the record, I would much prefer Gaudreau and Arnold before Hayes.

404: sarcasm not found. Anyways congrats to Johnny, hopefully getting the monkey of his back will help open the flood gates!

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
So he is what 2g 1a +5 in 7gp for his career now? Not bad for a rookie playing like 12 mins a night who is supposed to be some defensive liability . . . kid's 2 way play is severely underrated. He's no Selke candidate but he does pretty well for himself, especially on the backcheck and breakout.

He also isn't used on the PP, which I really do not get. It's not like the Flames have a great PP.

I know they're trying to shelter him and bring him along slowly, but the rest of the team is so offensively challenged it's frustrating at times.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
I agree it was skillful and quick but I don't get the Wow factor.
He had more time than he figured to tuck the puck in.

Why take the extra time when it's not necessary?

If he took his time and Pavelec somehow got across he'd be wishing he didn't take his time. Two Jets player's sticks were right there too. What he did was put the puck in the net as fast and with as much force as he could. No different than a player rifling a one timer even when the goalie is caught out of position. You make sure you score the goal.

He had more time than he figured to jump out of the way of that bus.... ;)

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The warm ups were merely teasers. Just wanted everyone to know that Johnny Hockey is officially on the Calder trophy trail.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He also isn't used on the PP, which I really do not get. It's not like the Flames have a great PP.

I know they're trying to shelter him and bring him along slowly, but the rest of the team is so offensively challenged it's frustrating at times.

It will be interesting to see if he starts getting a bit more PP time (and ice time in general). He really should be closer to 14-15 mins/night, playing in a top 6 role.

stardefender*

It's particularly awesome that those jumping all over the overzealous supporters basing their projections on one NHL game are basing theirs on five.

Everyone needs to take a step back. So many ridiculous comments all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad