LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
:laugh:

I don't think you get it...

Don't worry I understand what you are saying. It went over Vor's head though.

That being said, I don't think its a "talent" problem over in the Oilers system because individually, the talent is there. The system and coaching there would probably not be kind to Johnny there as well though.

On another note, I think Russell's pass was more slick than Johnnys :P

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
we just have a coach who knows what he's doing and two goalies that can make saves. It might sound magical to the Oilers fans :laugh:

on paper our roster looks like a joke, but everyone is playing as a team and it shows.

I don't even think it's necessarily the goaltending and the coaching. It's the defense, mainly Gio/Brodie, as well as the overall team shot blocking. They make the goalies look good, honestly. You can look at how badly we got out corsifenwicked every night but... we keep shots to the outside. Our goalies rarely have to make huge saves. when they do, they tend to get beat. Neither will ever be a Vezina candidate. They are both "decent." You know, if you swapped our goaltending duo for the Oilers duo I think their save % would just swap as well.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Your implication is that if he were on the Oilers, he'd be outscoring the likes of Hall, RNH and Eberle. Calgary has had a great start, and that generally translates into higher points per person. Edmonton is atrocious. Gaudreau would not have NEARLY the same kind of support in Edmonton as he does in Calgary.

Try again.

stardefender*

Dont see what is so great about the pass? A pass that has to be smacked in isnt a good pass and i bet Johnny would be the first one to admit that wasnt his intention on his pass...

The better plays were him going around the dman and wideman actually hitting it in, lol

You neglected to read. It clearly said "A better look at the PLAY". As in the whole sequence. :shakehead

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
yeah boy i'll tell ya that star studded lineup out there in calgary, sure has way more talent than hall/eberle/perron/rnh gee willikers if only edmonton had jiri hudler and mason raymond boy i'll tell ya they'd be cup contenders amirite

If you were to swap out Perron and RNH for Hudler and Mason Raymond, yes, you'd be a better team. Is that your question?

But You'd need one of our goaltenders, our D, and Gaudrehan to be a cup contender.

Oh, and a dose of our super secret special sauce.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Dont see what is so great about the pass? A pass that has to be smacked in isnt a good pass and i bet Johnny would be the first one to admit that wasnt his intention on his pass...

The better plays were him going around the dman and wideman actually hitting it in, lol

Yes amazing play by Wideman no doubt and great offensive zone entry by Johnny but "i bet Wideman would be the first one to admit that" the timing and placement of the pass was at another level of impressive. And would the play have been successful at all if he kept puck on the ice and was that his intentions?

We can sit here all day and ask if he meant to bounce a puck off of the back of the net or was the pass what he intended but tbt there are not many other players that accidentally make the plays he makes.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
If you were to swap out Perron and RNH for Hudler and Mason Raymond, yes, you'd be a better team. Is that your question?

But You'd need one of our goaltenders, our D, and Gaudrehan to be a cup contender.

Oh, and a dose of our super secret special sauce.

Yeah, I hope this is sarcasm.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
we just have a coach who knows what he's doing and two goalies that can make saves. It might sound magical to the Oilers fans :laugh:

on paper our roster looks like a joke, but everyone is playing as a team and it shows.

No doubt. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to like the Flames. Growing up, I've hated on everything Alberta and especially Calgary for no particular reason. Well, maybe it's a BC vs. Alberta thing (if there is even one :laugh:). I'll keep hating on Alberta, but just not the Flames. ;) This teams just looks really good. Who can hate Giordano, Monahan, etc.? And Gaudreau is obviously looking mighty fine.

That being said, I don't think its a "talent" problem over in the Oilers system because individually, the talent is there. The system and coaching there would probably not be kind to Johnny there as well though.

Yep, you nailed it.

Try again.

Then what was your implication? That points don't just translate like that? Oh wait... that might hurt your point. :naughty:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
No doubt. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to like the Flames. Growing up, I've hated on everything Alberta and especially Calgary for no particular reason. Well, maybe it's a BC vs. Alberta thing (if there is even one :laugh:). I'll keep hating on Alberta, but just not the Flames. ;) This teams just looks really good. Who can hate Giordano, Monahan, etc.? And Gaudreau is obviously looking mighty fine.

Yep, you nailed it.

Then what was your implication? That points don't just translate like that? Oh wait... that might hurt your point. :naughty:

Read my post again.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Read my post again.

Read it again, have you changed your point since then? Or would you care to tell me what this mysterious implication is?

So far your responses have been "try again" and "read my post again," not exactly all that informative.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Read it again, have you changed your point since then? Or would you care to tell me what this mysterious implication is?

So far your responses have been "try again" and "read my post again," not exactly all that informative.

When I told you to try again that should of been your clue that that wasn't my implication. Someone else already explained it to you. Some people need to be spoon fed..

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
When I told you to try again that should of been your clue that that wasn't my implication. Someone else already explained it to you. Some people need to be spoon fed..
Goodness ****ing gracious. :shakehead What was your implication? Rather than just insulting me and refusing to give a REAL answer, why don't you tell me what your implication was when you said that Gaudreau has more points than anyone on the Oilers? Do tell. Because trying to compare point totals from a mess of a team, to a good team is pretty silly.

And at the bolded... jeez, I'll say.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Goodness ****ing gracious. :shakehead What was your implication? Rather than just insulting me and refusing to give a REAL answer, why don't you tell me what your implication was when you said that Gaudreau has more points than anyone on the Oilers? Do tell. Because trying to compare point totals from a mess of a team, to a good team is pretty silly.

And at the bolded... jeez, I'll say.

The point that you're missing is that a ton of Oilers fans came into the Gaudreau thread to say that he was going to be a bust and the person you're replying to was just pointing out that he has more points than any Oilers player right now so all of their comments insulting Gaudreau are funny in retrospect. That has nothing to do with whether the Oilers are a good team or not. It has to do with those fans looking dumb for calling Gaudreau a guaranteed bust.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The point that you're missing is that a ton of Oilers fans came into the Gaudreau thread to say that he was going to be a bust and the person you're replying to was just pointing out that he has more points than any Oilers player right now so all of their comments insulting Gaudreau are funny in retrospect. That has nothing to do with whether the Oilers are a good team or not. It has to do with those fans looking dumb for calling Gaudreau a guaranteed bust.

Yes, but what I'm trying to say is - Gaudreau is a very, very good young player. But bringing up the fact that he has more points than anyone on the Oilers is meaningless. He said "how is it meaningless?" I responded, yet he's refused to respond to my points. Rather he just gives "try again" kind of answers.

It might be amusing in some sense, but the fact that those point comparisons are meaningless kind of diminishes it.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yes, but what I'm trying to say is - Gaudreau is a very, very good young player. But bringing up the fact that he has more points than anyone on the Oilers is meaningless. He said "how is it meaningless?" I responded, yet he's refused to respond to my points. Rather he just gives "try again" kind of answers.

The Oilers fans were calling Gaudreau a bust. Gaudreau has more points than anyone on the team they support. It's a comment on the fans for going overboard to insult a player who ending up being very successful especially in comparison to players on their own team. Everyone agrees that the Oilers suck but this is about the fans not the team.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The Oilers fans were calling Gaudreau a bust. Gaudreau has more points than anyone on the team they support. It's a comment on the fans for going overboard to insult a player who ending up being very successful especially in comparison to players on their own team. Everyone agrees that the Oilers suck but this is about the fans not the team.

Meh. I don't think we're going to agree. Saying "haha, he's producing really well" would be what I'd say, rather than "he has more points than anyone on your team," because the latter is a point that doesn't hold a lot of weight. :dunno:

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Meh. I don't think we're going to agree. Saying "haha, he's producing really well" would be what I'd say, rather than "he has more points than anyone on your team," because the latter is a point that doesn't hold a lot of weight. :dunno:

It's like if Kings fans flooded a Sharks prospect's thread about he's a guaranteed bust and he's barely an AHLer and then he has a very successful first season. It might be petty to hit back at the Kings especially if they're struggling but not any more petty than the original attacks by the other fans. It's rivalry thing not just hitting the Oilers while they're down.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It's like if Kings fans flooded a Sharks prospect's thread about he's a guaranteed bust and he's barely an AHLer and then he has a very successful first season. It might be petty to hit back at the Kings especially if they're struggling but not any more petty than the original attacks by the other fans. It's rivalry thing not just hitting the Oilers while they're down.

Not saying it's petty. Well it is, but I'm fine with that. Just coming in with a valid point seems like a better idea than something kind of ridiculous. You can still get the same satisfaction with Oilers fans being upset. ;)

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Try again.

Read my post again.

Your original post devotes five lines to the assumption that Gaudreau would be leading the Oilers in points. Maybe it wasn't the point of your post, but it shouldn't be hard to understand why someone might focus on that portion of it.

Ace88*

Lol no i got what youre saying, looks like the sarcasm went right over yours

stardefender*

Since the Mods on this site seem so trigger happy to delete posts, why have the last 8 remained? It's nothing but a pointless off topic pissing contest. :shakehead

PlateauKids

Sep 11, 2013
Since the Mods on this site seem so trigger happy to delete posts, why have the last 8 remained? It's nothing but a pointless off topic pissing contest. :shakehead

All I can picture are lame hockey dads arguing at their sons PeeWee "C" game. Cringe worthy.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Gaudreau with a goal tonight and 18 points in his last 18 games.

4 game point streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad