LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Calgary is doing better than most people thought, Johnny Hockey looks like he might just put it all together, I know everyone is laughing that is didn't start in game 1 but lol lets see if the kid adapts, I personally think he has a pretty good chance and I'm happy the Flames are playing well, even though I hate the Flames and Oilers and all that stuff.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
My response is more to assure fans outside of the Flames that not all of us are Gaudreau crazy.

All Flames fans should be. I am Gaudreau crazy. I want all these crude interlopers, and dedicated fanbases to know it and think on it.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
To his credit NBwingsfan does state that he thinks Gaudreau will have a similar career trajectory as Hudler, which is not a bad thing.

stardefender*

Calgary is doing better than most people thought, Johnny Hockey looks like he might just put it all together, I know everyone is laughing that is didn't start in game 1 but lol lets see if the kid adapts

That part is a bit mind boggling. I know there were a select few saying some outlandish things pre-season... but how anyone can slight the kid after 5-10 games in his first season is really puzzling.

With the size disadvantage he's at and stepping right into the NHL from college, it's no suprise he's taking some time to adapt.

But the flashes were / are immediately evident. The vision, the insane passes, the quick decisions... they're all there. And he's been getting more and more confident. Even though there was only one assist in that Montreal game, that was far and away his best NHL game. He was confident with the puck and making things happen every time he's on the ice.

I don't think we're going to see crazy numbers in his first year, but I do think he's going to get better and better with each game. He's electric every time he touches the puck.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
That part is a bit mind boggling. I know there were a select few saying some outlandish things pre-season... but how anyone can slight the kid after 5-10 games in his first season is really puzzling.

With the size disadvantage he's at and stepping right into the NHL from college, it's no suprise he's taking some time to adapt.

But the flashes were / are immediately evident. The vision, the insane passes, the quick decisions... they're all there. And he's been getting more and more confident. Even though there was only one assist in that Montreal game, that was far and away his best NHL game. He was confident with the puck and making things happen every time he's on the ice.

I don't think we're going to see crazy numbers in his first year, but I do think he's going to get better and better with each game. He's electric every time he touches the puck.
In the Habs game he was the best skater on the ice. If Price had been average that night Gaudreau would have had some pretty Gaud like numbers

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
In the Habs game he was the best skater on the ice. If Price had been average that night Gaudreau would have had some pretty Gaud like numbers

Even Hartley said he was Calgary's best forward. Hartley seems to be a big fan of JG. That says a lot considering who plays determines his own career. He certainly has more at stake than anyone posting here.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I hope Volchenkov can find his jock strap after Gaudreau deked him out of it in the first period tonight.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I hope Volchenkov can find his jock strap after Gaudreau deked him out of it in the first period tonight.

WholeGlassArkshell.gif

But he won't be able to pull it off against NHL playoff Dmen?

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Can we get this thread moved to a more appropriate section. Maybe something like the history of hockey or where ever we discuss the legends of the game?

KGM

Oct 10, 2014
Embarrassing for the Preds, watching him walk thru 3 of your players.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Sarcasm aside, would be nice for my fantasy team if he can actually score.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
This kid is just so fun to watch! One of the most creative players i've ever watched!

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
So damn jealous as an Oiler fan. I'll admit, I was never a believer in this guy. Too small, thought he would get destroyed. I was like the rest of my fan base and laughed. Well eggs on our face, big time. This kid is for real.

Seems like he's just getting warmed up too.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So damn jealous as an Oiler fan. I'll admit, I was never a believer in this guy. Too small, thought he would get destroyed. I was like the rest of my fan base and laughed. Well eggs on our face, big time. This kid is for real.

Seems like he's just getting warmed up too.
I appreciate this and in the spirit of our rivalry I hope he makes you eat crow often for many many years :laugh:

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Gaudreau should go for the Gordie Howe hat trick. Especially tonight we should see one of those.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Oiler fan also , but took Gaudreau on my fantasy team. Love the kid and hope he turns out to be great. You could always see the potencial, it takes small players abit of time to adjust. Hes starting to figure things out now. You guys have a gem.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
I'll add he now leads the NHL in takeaways with 3 so far tonight
Only seen bits and pieces of him and the Flames, period here, period there. How's he doing defensively? Sometimes those takeways/giveaway stats can be different building-to-building. Not doubting the stat just crious how he looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad