LW Dmitrij Jaskin (2011, 41st overall, St. Louis)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Than I dont understand what the problem is.

wtf? There isn't a problem. Fellow hockey fans are engaging you in a conversation, and you're taking it completely the wrong way by being extremely and weirdly defensive.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
wtf? There isn't a problem. Fellow hockey fans are engaging you in a conversation, and you're taking it completely the wrong way by being extremely and weirdly defensive.
Fellow hockey fans ? No, you mean fellow Blues fans who are extremely defensive because I said not every prospect is ready for the NHL if he's looking good in juniors. What a bold statement. Now I'm suddenly ''against''.

Last edited:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Fellow hockey fans ? No, you mean fellow Blues fans who are extremely defensive because I said not every prospect is ready for the NHL if he's looking good in juniors. What a bold statement. Now I'm suddenly ''against''.
Not talking about every prospect. Talking about Jaskin. If you haven't seen him play, that's not the fault of anyone here who has seen him play. Some people like to discuss prospects on the prospect discussion board.

When you reply with stuff like "I don't give a crap about your opinion", you can't expect to be taken seriously.

Chris Phifer

Oct 16, 2006
I think what Frolov is trying to say is that, it's not like Jaskin is doing anything that hasn't been done by many other players in all 3 CHL leagues every year. He's a player, in his 2nd post-draft season, who is putting up very good numbers. But, he is in his last year of junior, he is a huge kid with 2 years of pro experience in the Czech Rep. and he is playing in the least physical of the 3 canadian leagues. All those things considered and some may just feel that this is where Jaskin should be at this point in his development and not a sign of him suddenly exceeding expectations.

I still think he looks like a good player, with very good upside, but he was lackluster in his 2nd season in the Czech league last year and one good year in the Q doesn't guarantee you NHL success. Going up to Peoria at the end of the year (if he gets the opportunity) or for next year will be a good test for him, hopefully he continues to get better.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Not talking about every prospect. Talking about Jaskin. If you haven't seen him play, that's not the fault of anyone here who has seen him play. Some people like to discuss prospects on the prospect discussion board.

When you reply with stuff like "I don't give a crap about your opinion", you can't expect to be taken seriously.
Yes every 2nd rounder (1,5 year after being drafted) is NHL ready because HF members who have seen him play think so.

Of course I dont give a damn about that. Like we havent seen prospects tearing up the Q before.

Just read what IKilledThePromQueen said.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
No better example of a guy not being ready despite dominating the juniors than Brandon Saad. Had an insane year after his draft but if you watched him in the AHL this year, it was clear he wasn't quite there yet.

There's nothing wrong with needing more time. Most prospects do, especially ones drafted in the 2nd round.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Yes every 2nd rounder (1,5 year after being drafted) is NHL ready because HF members who have seen him play think so.

Of course I dont give a damn about that. Like we havent seen prospects tearing up the Q before.

Why are you even on the prospects board? You could go into every single thread on here and say he hasn't done squat on the NHL level which would be completely true. I guess we should just shut this whole thing down. Alot of the people posting weren't even blues fans and your response to Smitty was not needed at all.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
No better example of a guy not being ready despite dominating the juniors than Brandon Saad. Had an insane year after his draft but if you watched him in the AHL this year, it was clear he wasn't quite there yet.

There's nothing wrong with needing more time. Most prospects do, especially ones drafted in the 2nd round.

This this this. Saad was brilliant last year in Sagnasty, has been lousy this year in Rockford (too small a sample size to judge in Chicago)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Why are you even on the prospects board? You could go into every single thread on here and say he hasn't done squat on the NHL level which would be completely true. I guess we should just shut this whole thing down. Alot of the people posting weren't even blues fans and your response to Smitty was not needed at all.
Well actually that would not be a bad thing. ;-)

My response to Smitty was necessary.

I get annoyed if somebody says a 6'3'' prospect (who struggled in the Czech league) in a child league like the Q has no noticable flaws compared to former junior 55-60 goal scorers who currently play in the AHL (and are doing well, difficult nonetheless). Let him prove his value over there and we'll go from there.

Last edited:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

You might have noticed that I didn't say a word about Jaskin's potential. Or maybe you didn't. You didn't address a single thing I said in my post. Hearing what you want maybe?

People give opinions about prospects on the prospect discussion board. If you don't give a damn, don't read the prospects board.

I really don't get what your problem is. This all started because a poster gave his opinion about Jaskin, and you replied with your "I don't give a crap" nonsense.
But if you need to make a big thing about this, here's some more ammunition for you:
Why should anyone give a crap about what you give a crap about? You said yourself you haven't even seen the guy play.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
You might have noticed that I didn't say a word about Jaskin's potential. Or maybe you didn't. You didn't address a single thing I said in my post. Hearing what you want maybe?

People give opinions about prospects on the prospect discussion board. If you don't give a damn, don't read the prospects board.

I really don't get what your problem is. This all started because a poster gave his opinion about Jaskin, and you replied with your "I don't give a crap" nonsense.
But if you need to make a big thing about this, here's some more ammunition for you:
Why should anyone give a crap about what you give a crap about? You said yourself you haven't even seen the guy play.
WJC because of Hyka.

I have no problem with an opinion but not that nonsense. I say people should lower their expectations a bit because several (some) other high scoring 2nd rounders (Etem, Saad, Prince, Toffoli, McKegg) are having quite a hard time in the AHL. Logically. That's a more than normal response and a fact. Jaskin with no flaws and too good for any other pro league other than the NHL is rubbish.

Last edited:

Wiems35*

Oh I get it. Because they disagree with you, and Jaskin is a Blues' prospect, then they must be Blues fans. Makes perfect sense...

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Are there any concerns about him coming over?

He's been in the Q all year bud. ;)

Seriously though...Why are people acting like Blues fans are overrating him? We figured he was a bust after the lackluster performances in the Czech league. Now we're just waiting to see if he can continue his development...It's the people (Moncton and QMJHL fans) that are taking note of what they're seeing that you're targeting, but I appreciate what they do. That's what this site is supposed to be about...Not trying to shoot everyone down when you've never even seen a player play.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

I'm not a Blues fan and I'm pumping his tires. Kid looks like he's going to be good and could be NHL ready after this season. He's very good if you watch him play. Absolutely a man amongst boys at the junior level and has played against men in the Czech league for 2 years. He's not like most junior players.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
He's already over (Canada), if that's what you mean.

He was pretty highly drafted in the KHL entry draft (1st overall in fact, in 2010), so there is certainly potential for him to play there. But you figure that is where he would be if that is where he wanted to be.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Not gonna bother with the crap about being NHL ready because he scores a lot in junior ... I've watched him a lot this year and looks like a man among boys .. He will be in the AHL next fall, but looks pretty damn impressive. He will surely see some games in the NHL next year.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm not a Blues fan and I'm pumping his tires. Kid looks like he's going to be good and could be NHL ready after this season. He's very good if you watch him play. Absolutely a man amongst boys at the junior level and has played against men in the Czech league for 2 years. He's not like most junior players.

In fairness, you are an awfully pro-Czech poster.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I'd say he'll definitely be in the AHL next year. Need to see how he handles going from playing with men to playing with juniors to playing with AHL pros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad