LW Dmitrij Jaskin (2011, 41st overall, St. Louis)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
My God, won't somebody help Dmitrij Jaskin:

2372262_o.gif

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
4 points tonight in his first game back from the 3 game suspension (1G, 3A). He's now just 5 points behind the QMJHL scoring leader, who has played in 15 more games (although Drouin is 4 points ahead of Jaskin and has played in 3 less games than Jaskin) - the scoring race may be down to these 2 at the end of the season.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Jaskin was nominated(along with Drouin and Currie) for MVP of the QMJHL.

I dont see how it could end up being Currie with Duffy having just as many points, and with the amount of skill on the Moose, its hard to argue who truly is their most important player.

Jaskin on the other hand is hands down the most important player on Moncton. They're a different team without him. I asked a few of my buddies who currently play in the Q, and they have all said Jaskin is without a doubt the best player they have ever had to play against in their life. They just hope that he wont score when theyre on the ice.
He has truly been a treat to watch this year.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010

I dont see how it could end up being Currie with Duffy having just as many points, and with the amount of skill on the Moose, its hard to argue who truly is their most important player.

Jaskin on the other hand is hands down the most important player on Moncton. They're a different team without him. I asked a few of my buddies who currently play in the Q, and they have all said Jaskin is without a doubt the best player they have ever had to play against in their life. They just hope that he wont score when theyre on the ice.

As a Blues fan that makes me very happy to hear. I don't really get to see him much. I just hope he can be impact player in the NHL.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

Wow! That is awesome! We are looking forward to him being a Blue.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Jaskin draws alot of similarities to Marian Hossa and Jagr. Danny Flynn has also compared him to Hossa.

In playing style yes, not in talent level though. He just simply will not be able to pull of the majority of power moves that he uses now once he reaches the NHL. He is just bigger and stronger than most players in the Q now, while also being one of the most skilled. He does not have the hands that Jagr had/has, nor the two-way play of Hossa.

I see him being a 50-60 point PWF in the NHL. Luckily for him hes the type of player who, if his skills do not translate to being a high point producer, could easily change his game to being a 30-40 point 3rd liner as he is big and strong and plays in the dirty areas.

One of my favorite players I've ever enjoyed watching from the Q.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Jaskin will be joining the Blues on their upcoming road trip (still waiting on his immigration paperwork to get taken care of).

Oh ok so thats why he hasnt played yet? I have been checking the Blues and Peoria boxscores past few games since his Junior team was eliminated but havent seen him playing anywhere... Thats good to know cause ive been waiting to see how he does at the next level

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
all day has been going by so slow cause ive been pumped about this game since they announced he was in the lineup... cant wait!!!!

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
seriously, that turned out to be a very good pick for the Blues...he came to juniors and basically tore it up. with Ty Rattie having tore up juniors for the last couple of years, and Tarasenko starting for the Blues this year, the future looks pretty good up front for the St. Louis....

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Whats the plan for him next year do you guys figure??? most likely a season in AHL hey??? I cant see him making the Blues full time just yet

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
He will getsome games in early in the season and go back down to Peoria, if we have injuries he will be first called up unless Rattie is playing better.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ya i figure he will be in AHL to start.. I hope he has a great season next year in the minors. Im real high on this guy and cant wait to see what he does in the AHL.. good lord the blues could be deadly in a few years... terasenko, schwartz, jaskin and rattie all around the same age... wow

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad