Player Discussion Lukas Dostal

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I was a fan of Giguere at the draft, thought he was the best G prospect that year by far, kind of hoped we'd take him. I couldn't believe two teams gave up on him before he'd even gotten a chance and we got him for like a pick.

Even that first year when we still sucked he was keeping us in games (how many 1-0 and 2-1 games did we lose?), and I knew we had something.
The other BM years. Jiggy was so good.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Especially for a goalie. From my own experience, all the way down to the recreational level, goalies are either complete headcases or the nicest guys ever. Having one of the latter kind does make it easier for the locker room when the results aren’t there for a while, at least.
A lot of why I thought the length of the Gibson contract was a mistake. The number of goalies that stays good to very good for an 8 year span is exceedingly small.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
dostal has been fantastic this year. Ducks have been blessed with goaltending.
We take for granted how blessed they have been over the existence of the franchise. They have gone from 1 legit starter to the next and never had a year without one.

Hebert
Giggy
(Bryz)
Hiller
Freddy
Gibson
Dostal

And all of those guys were home grownish talent. Hebert and Giggy were not drafted by the Ducks but they broke out as a Duck.

Reactions: lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad