Player Discussion Lukas Dostal

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
His composure is off the charts. A lot of like his friend and fellow Moravian, Krejcikova haha.

Lukas is the real deal. Doesn't mean he won't have rough outings here and there but i love the idea of having him as the starter on a contending team.

I think most goalies with his level of athleticism, struggle to remain as positionally sound and composed, end up over pushing and forced to flop around much more. To both Dostal's credit and that of whoever coached him at a young age, he is incredibly refined in terms of commanding the crease with controlled movements. Then he just seems to have that ice water in his veins quality that you want, where he doesn't lose track of technique or position when the arena temperature/volume cranks up. He's built for a big stage

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I know it's only one game but since last season it's felt like the team plays better with Dostal and Dostal wants to earn the starter role by playing his best while Gibson is just on cruise control.
Gibson can take his time recovering and maybe do rehab games in San Diego) so that Dostal can keep starting games to prevent Cronin from playing Gibson more than Dostal.

Reminds me of the 2008 Giguere/Hiller situation where it becomes clear the younger goalie should be the starter and the veteran needs to be the back up until they can find a way to trade the veteran.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
His untangibles are off the charts. Seems like a super nice guy.
Especially for a goalie. From my own experience, all the way down to the recreational level, goalies are either complete headcases or the nicest guys ever. Having one of the latter kind does make it easier for the locker room when the results aren’t there for a while, at least.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Especially for a goalie. From my own experience, all the way down to the recreational level, goalies are either complete headcases or the nicest guys ever. Having one of the latter kind does make it easier for the locker room when the results aren’t there for a while, at least.
Which one is Bryzgalov ? He might be a category of his own lol.
He's not really a Russian anymore given he still lives in the USA and his draft eligible son has only played for American teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad