Confirmed with Link: Lucas Raymond signs 8 year extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
Literally every time someone wants something to happen. I bet this is where those shifty little future considerations comes in. Lmao. I think those considerations are nothing. It's like buying drapes for $1
Robyn Regehr was once a future consideration deal but I know nowadays it's usually a GM dinner.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So if we have $8.75M left in cap space, is that really enough to sign Seider for 8 years?

Or does that mean we're doing a bridge deal with him?

Or we'll have to find some savings somewhere?

I think Seider could be the exception to take a shorter deal. Like 6 years. Then all those long-term contracts would not end at same time. Larkin has 7 years left, Raymond 8 years.

Think these big deals ending at same summer with any combo of the Top3 guys could become a problem.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
My entire house is celebrating.
You and your Barbies!
1726563388951.jpeg

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm happy they were able to come to an agreement on a long-term deal. It looks completely reasonable for both sides and it could very easily turn into an exceptional value as the cap rises. Well done!

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I think Seider could be the exception to take a shorter deal. Like 6 years. Then all those long-term contracts would not end at same time. Larkin has 7 years left, Raymond 8 years.

Think these big deals ending at same summer with any combo of the Top3 guys could become a problem.
I don't think D-Boss's next contract will be a killer, he has already suggested that when he signed the last one. I do think SY would want to avoid having both Ray and Mo due the same year down the road, so yes, a potentially shorter term deal for Mo could be in the works (having some cap space this season would be a good thing too).

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
You're expecting Larkin to increase value post-30y.o.?

I'm expecting to be right back into heavily debating his value in the last 2-3 years of his current deal.
Nope, I am a little dyslexic and I know it, I missed adding a "won't" before the be "a killer" Larkin has already basically said that his next one would hopefully be a value one for the team, assuming he he is still playing past the current contract. (I even read it it three times before posting)

Good catch, BTW, my Sister in Law was classmates with your spirit animal.

Reactions: sepster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad