Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Maybe I'm out to lunch but I'm not overly impressed with Ott. He's been good no doubt but the Seelvos fella or whatever was lights out.
Ott is a lot like Quick in prime. Some nights he can be one of the best on Earth and others he's a bit shaky. I thought he was shaky early and despite our shot total in first I don't think we required him to do anything spectacular.

The Stars play OTT too much, jmo, and thats a lot of work in playoffs.

Unlike Vancouver Dallas aren't going to give us a ton of free stuff every night requiring Ott to be spectacular. Silovs.;)

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Ott is a lot like Quick in prime. Some nights he can be one of the best on Earth and others he's a bit shaky. I thought he was shaky early and despite our shot total in first I don't think we required him to do anything spectacular.

Unlike Vancouver Dallas aren't going to give us a ton of free stuff every night requiring Ott to be spectacular. Silovs.;)

I like your point about the first period. I thought we lost the game there by not taking advantage of how dominating we were over them. I hope your right about Ott and fatigue

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Seems like you're borderline taunting Oiler fans. We get it. Dallas has a good team. Maybe you should jump ship.;)

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
For all of the people talking about McDavid being "cooked" or that he's done as a player, I guarantee whenever the Oilers season ends we hear about him being injured. In fact I think he's being dealing with an injury all year, I'm guessing something related to his hip or maybe a hernia like Kane as well, it's why his skating isn't as explosive and why he won't shoot the puck.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Started losing our energy level as the game went on, I think the Canuck series caught up to us tonight, combined with Dallas being fresher. Oh well, got the split. Definitely showed we can play with these guys and that the series is winnable. Get em next game boys.
Thats what I saw as well.
They just didnt seem to have the energy to fight through the checking in the 3rd. So it resulted in forced shots from the perimeter which most times didnt even get through.
A little frustrating though because this game was there for the taking and that should have happened in the first 2 periods.
A split is pretty good though but Dallas is better on the road so the boys had better bring their A game on Monday.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Great pointless response

Explain how we deserve more power plays in every game
And
How we got totally dominated when the game mattered

I dunno
This isn’t about participation ribbons, and home fans perceived fairness, it’s about answers and all I saying is we need to find an answer to that third period
Cause
If we can,we are in really good shape
I just don’t agree with the “we need power plays” line
What response did you expect when your posts are “bitch” and “whine” accusations?

Not everyone can be reasonable like yourself and take the higher road with a more nuanced reply, o Reasonable one.

We could have talked about all that if you’d like. Just don’t start the conversation by name calling the fanbase. In any case, I’ve had this conversation a lot and will never see eye to eye with the ref apologists portion of the NHL fanbase. So there’s really no point in getting into that, and from what I’ve seen, you guys always come along eventually anyways, so whats the point. Just need the right game to open your eyes.

Reactions: Reasonable Oil Fan

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
McDavid is cooked. I honestly don’t know what he does out there at this point and this pains me to hell to say.

Yep

And straight legged Drai is right behind him.

Gonna be awesome watching both those lazy player take up 35% of the cap

• Haha
Reactions: Shibumi

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
4-5 more years?
RIGHT ON!!!!!

Now F off back to your needle laden cave
I never thought mine would be the most gentle reply at GTFO! haha

Yep

And straight legged Drai is right behind him.

Gonna be awesome watching both those lazy player take up 35% of the cap
I know what would be awesome.

What response did you expect when your posts are “bitch” and “whine” accusations?

Not everyone can be reasonable like yourself and take the higher road with a more nuanced reply, o Reasonable one.

We could have talked about all that if you’d like. Just don’t start the conversation by name calling the fanbase. In any case, I’ve had this conversation a lot and will never see eye to eye with the ref apologists portion of the NHL fanbase. So there’s really no point in getting into that, and from what I’ve seen, you guys always come along eventually anyways, so whats the point. Just need the right game to open your eyes.
Your designate attention is needed fighing even worse trolls. hehe Its like raining trolls in here.

ps your replies to that specific poster is like putting gravy on his fries.

Last edited:

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Not convinced about this Oilers team and series still.
They got the split going back home, which is good.

-But Dallas are known for losing their first game and turning it back on afterwards.
-Dallas has been the more consistent and balanced team so far. Created more high danger chances tonight.
-They have hit two posts in OT in game 1. Oilers could be down 0:2 as well, so let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
-They will get their best forward back next game, creating even better and deeper lines.
-Oilers PP seems to have worsened.
-Oilers PK is absolutely killing it statistically currently. Tough to continue this way. You can feel the drop coming.

On the other hand:
-Playing at home, they should certainly get more calls.
-While Dallas has a slight advantage imo, the matchup is much closer than I expected it to be prior.

I would consider it to be a huge win if the Oilers make it to game 7. They need to improve many aspects of their game, though. Dallas is figuring them out and is becoming stronger the longer the series goes it seems.
Ridiculous chicken little nonsense oilers were the better team both games

Reactions: AlbOilFAN and TB12

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World

oh boy
Pius indeed
All I ever said was complaining about officiating after a game like that comes across as whining
Of course
Just my opinion

Go back to your high road about how Stauffers Knob is unbiased
At the end of the day we have answers to find

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McDavid is cooked. I honestly don’t know what he does out there at this point and this pains me to hell to say.
He gets 3 points and wins us game 1 in OT and still torches playoff scoring. He isn’t at his best right now, I think we can all see that. But he’s not cooked and he’s not doing nothing out there for us.

He’ll rebound and have a big game 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It’s 1 and 1 in conference final and you post this utter garbage

Want put 10k on it?

Hey gets 3 points and wins us game 1 in OT and still torches playoff scoring. He isn’t at his best right now, I think we can all see that. But he’s not cooked and he’s not dong nothing out there for us.

He’ll rebound and have a big game 3.

Lol the dude is a ghost that refuse to get within 20 feet of the goalie

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I think in all the years I've been here that I negatively responded to about 3-4 posts prior to these last couple of months. Honestly. Maybe half a dozen at most and pretty gently at that.

The Vancouver fans (so called) really struck a nerve with me with the constant infiltrating our threads, boasting about the irrelevant 4 wins in reg season, and the arrogant obnoxious behavior from the whiniest bunch of bandwagon hoppers ever. I got tired of pointing out that they have never won a thing. Never. Ever. Nothing. What an attitude they displayed.

I think it changed me!!!!

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
McDavid isn't cooked. He usually skates around the perimeter and then darts in when he sees an opening or passes across the seam.

He just didn't do any of that, he just skated around the perimeter and dumped in or lost it. Not quite the same as what they did to MacKinnon, but it seems solvable. I'm not exactly sure what kind of opening McDavid is looking for? Maybe its harder for him to get some of the Stars to chase after him?

His play was very uncharacteristic.

Skinner did his job. Depth did their job. This loss was on McDrai's lack of prioduction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad