Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Somethings up with 97 though. He was below average offensively tonight with too many hope passes. Little net drive. Shots have no zip. If he’s hurt and 29 has a broken finger I’m afraid without any PP’s and no depth scoring it might be a mountain too high to climb.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I think it clearly works f***ing wonders most of the time, I just think both McDavid and Draisaitl are a little banged up and the ice in Dallas is particularly rough.

IDK, I definitely thought we lost momentum in late second when we loaded up instead of gained.

Lol I'm just giving you grief. Hopefully you had fun at the pub. <3
Haha thanks buddy it’s busy here! It’s good times though !

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Absolutely
And
Oiler fans can also discuss how we need to fix what went on in the third because that is what might be a bigger problem
But
That also may be all we need to fix

And
I don’t appreciate your condescending tone
O superior one
Sure and we will do that. You came in here calling calling out the fanbase as whiners in a series where weve pushed possession and have gotten only 1 stick infraction call. A literal anomaly in the game of hockey. One that Stauffer and now Knob doesn’t understand. And one that Connor doesn’t either.

So you deserve the tone. Not to mention the username itself sets you up for it, o reasonable one.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
You say this like its a bad thing. Plus WTF. Heiskanen is miles better than lil smurf Hughes.

What did Hughes do against us?

He was a pylon on several of our scoring plays and chances and got nothing done offensively.

Heiskanen was perfect defensively tonight and got some rushes and assist as well. Solid game.

Few D in the league can straight up stop McD or DRai one on one several times in a game.

If you asked either of McDrai which D is better...

hughes can't defend the common cold.
Heiskanen is the best defenseman in the league I think. The guy is unreal.
Meanwhile Nurse continues to make dumb plays.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Stars also getting Hintz back. Gives the Stars more options. We might get Henrique back. Not sure how healthy either will be. We could use his creativity out there.

Skinner has started 4 games in a row which is around his optimum. OTT has played a shitload of hockey.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Benching is the wrong term. I Said rotate. Picks has been thus far way better in the time he's been allowed to showcase his talents.
But we have a #1 and a #2. We don’t have a 1A and 1B. What you’re calling for is him to be benched after he played very well tonight. Sends the completely wrong message.

Reactions: RegDunlop

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Somethings up with 97 though. He was below average offensively tonight with too many hope passes. Little net drive. Shots have no zip. If he’s hurt and 29 has a broken finger I’m afraid without any PP’s and no depth scoring it might be a mountain too high to climb.

There’s been something up with him all year . He went from 60 goals to 30

He’s shooting at like 7% in the playoffs and Draisaitl is still taking the draws with a busted finger when they play together

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
he is obviously playing injured , and he looks like he lost a half a step and this does not happen at 27 unless he is favoring something

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Sure and we will do that. You came in here calling calling out the fanbase as whiners in a series where weve pushed possession and have gotten only 1 stick infraction call. A literal anomaly in the game of hockey. One that Stauffer and now Knob doesn’t understand. And one that Connor doesn’t either.

So you deserve the tone. Not to mention the username itself sets you up for it, o reasonable one.
Go ahead
Bitch about officiating
That sets you apart
All champions bitch about officiating
That’s why you are number 4…… in your dreams

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Heiskanen is the best defenseman in the league I think. The guy is unreal.
Meanwhile Nurse continues to make dumb plays.
Yeah, I just had to respond to a post saying that Dallas doesn't have "anyone like Hughes" lol. I wouldn't even want him.

Heiskanen does everything well. Great playmaker, great skater, shuts down plays almost like Chris Pronger. He's stronger than given credit for. I see few D that can handle McD or Drai one on one. Heiskanen won the matchup so many times I stopped counting. Its not a one off either. Heiskanen has always prided himself on his play against gold standard superstars.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I agree till you whine about refs
It’s ok
I choose to cheer without the copper sunglasses
Yes
Of course we need power plays
So do they
And
We even got one late in the third
Yeah we got the token PP after the game was already over lol. Then they called a soft slashing penalty against Kane that was no different than the 6 slashes McDavid took while circling the zone with less than 5 minutes left in the 3rd. They also missed an incredibly obvious too many men in the second half of the third period.

Go ahead and play the self righteous card. Looks foolish.

Reactions: frag2 and RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
You say this like its a bad thing. Plus WTF. Heiskanen is miles better than lil smurf Hughes.

What did Hughes do against us?

He was a pylon on several of our scoring plays and chances and got nothing done offensively.

Heiskanen was perfect defensively tonight and got some rushes and assist as well. Solid game.

Few D in the league can straight up stop McD or DRai one on one several times in a game.

If you asked either of McDrai which D is better...

hughes can't defend the common cold.

I honestly don't know what the argument is as I just jumped back into thread, but about that Hughes comment and your response.... whew!

Quinn Hughes wouldn't be worthy of tying Heiskenens skates IMO.

Skinner was good but unfortunately again the other goalie was better.

Not a chance

Did you kneel while typing that?
You'd better

• Love
Reactions: Drivesaitl

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Stars also getting Hintz back. Gives the Stars more options. We might get Henrique back. Not sure how healthy either will be. We could use his creativity out there.

Skinner has started 4 games in a row which is around his optimum. OTT has played a shitload of hockey.

Maybe I'm out to lunch but I'm not overly impressed with Ott. He's been good no doubt but the Seelvos fella or whatever was lights out.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I honestly don't know what the argument is as I just jumped back into thread, but about that Hughes comment and your response.... whew!

Quinn Hughes wouldn't be worthy of tying Heiskenens skates IMO.

Not a chance

Did you kneel while typing that?
You'd better
Lol. Of course. Gotta show my respect, we’d be lost as fanbase without him.

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
More measured and reasonable takes by the reasonable one. Please continue, tell us how to be championship worthy fans like yourself.
Great pointless response

Explain how we deserve more power plays in every game
And
How we got totally dominated when the game mattered

I dunno
This isn’t about participation ribbons, and home fans perceived fairness, it’s about answers and all I saying is we need to find an answer to that third period
Cause
If we can,we are in really good shape
I just don’t agree with the “we need power plays” line

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Heh Oilers are a soft perimeter team that believe their shit don't stink.

Starts with 97 and 29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad