Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
The final 4 are all good teams and nobody is concede anything.

I'm not worried--I think the Oilers have a good chance at winning both games in Edmonton.
We'll see what happens. Its harder to beat Dallas on the road than it is in Dallas. They are very good on road. Have been all season and playoffs. I think they are more on their game and sticking to it on road.

Oilers will need some adjustments. WE need more out of our topsix in this series. For us to win they have to be the generational producers they are.

One goal by Connor Brown? Yeah that ain't getting it done.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Unfortunately the PP has looked like shit too. So I’m not convinced it’s a real weapon at the moment.

They are 0-10 or something lately.

Refusal to shoot a theme here too. That PP started off with McDavid forgoing a clean look down Main Street in favor of trying to pass through three players to a guy that wasn’t in position to take it.

Noticed a lot more slow play down low looking for a pass, we need to speed it back up again.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Only 20 hits for us.

We really need to be more physical when the series is back at home and throughout the rest of this series.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Unfortunately the PP has looked like shit too. So I’m not convinced it’s a real weapon at the moment.

They are 0-10 or something lately.

Yeah, I think it's time to simplify the pp. Need to stop looking for the perfect pass and get shots on net

Reactions: Duke74

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
They did play some pretty safe hockey, a few more shots on net and that game was up for grabs. I liked what I'm seeing but didn't get the result tonight. The winning goal was a toss up and not really indicative of anything happening in the game. One of those games its hard to get too down after losing so on to the next one.

Reactions: TB12

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Ryan or Carrick most likely. If I were a betting man I'd say Carrick simply because they have Ryan take crucial D zone draws at times and he's a primary PKer. Carrick has been ok to decent but unfortunately with the numbers game, he's likely out.

Carrick better not come out.

Ryan ought to. He's over matched against Dallas. He's reliable and good at making smart plays, but he's old slow and small... And just not good enough of a player against a team like Dallas.

If Ryan's not coming out for Henrique, take him out for Perry. Get me someone that can win a board battle against Dallas ffs. Ryan looked like a child out there.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Disagree here. At no point did we have lead in this game and after first Dallas were better club. They got a lot of dangerous chances around net too. Another couple goal posts as well.

Benn can hammer the puck.

The Brown goal was the lol goal of the night. Any goalie in the league should be able to stop Connor Brown. goal only happened because Ott had a bad deflection off a routine shot.

In anycase when one factors in DAllas hit 2 goalposts before we got the OT winner in game 1 it sounds a bout right series is tied. Both games were close.

Everyone keeps yapping about these 2 goalposts in OT

What about the post we hit in regulation that would gave resulted in no OT played. Is that not a factor?

Reactions: Drivesaitl and TB12

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I think you go same top 6 and Henrique gets line 3 to get legs back, Mcleod demoted. Ceci is going no where, sadly.

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Janmark - Henrique - Foegele - responsible, Foegele for some forecheck.
Mcleod - Carrick - Brown -> energy line

Ryan out.

Same D probably.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
We'll see what happens. Its harder to beat Dallas on the road than it is in Dallas. They are very good on road. Have been all season and playoffs. I think they are more on their game and sticking to it on road.

Oilers will need some adjustments. WE need more out of our topsix in this series. For us to win they have to be the generational producers they are.

No shooting accuracy for the rest of the guys doesn't help but trying to pass through a forest of sticks isn't helping either.

The NHL is a very tight checking defensively solid league. No more 8-6 games in the playoffs.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
He’s not dialed up, he looks entirely beatable. Double clutching on shots, over passing and refusing to shoot was a theme in this game.
Dallas were doing more of that when we were.

I dunno. After two periods this looked like a near perfect road game for a club. I'm not gonna get critical of a pretty solid game by the Oilers. Again Dallas just a much better opponent than we've seen. McD had it going in first half of game. If he had that kind of smoke against VAncouver and feeling well that series ends quickly.

Very pleased with what the Edmonton Oilers have shown in the first two games in Dallas. I can't ask for more.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Ryan ought to. He's over matched against Dallas. He's reliable and good at making smart plays, but he's old slow and small... And just not good enough of a player against a team like Dallas.

If Ryan's not coming out for Henrique, take him out for Perry. Get me someone that can win a board battle against Dallas ffs. Ryan looked like a child out there.
too slow and too small

Reactions: iCanada

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

Ryan is part of our elite PK

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Owned them in 1st. They owned us in the 3rd. Mostly even 2nd. Game could have went either way, a PP could swing it. Gary didn’t want to put that to chance.
I agree till you whine about refs
It’s ok
I choose to cheer without the copper sunglasses
Yes
Of course we need power plays
So do they
And
We even got one late in the third

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Everyone keeps yapping about these 2 goalposts in OT

What about the post we hit in regulation that would gave resulted in no OT played. Is that not a factor?
Doesn't matter much anyway. Series is 1-1 and probably should be. At least we're seeing good goaltending from Skinner in this series and like I said I can't complain about anything with the 200ft effort Oilers are bringing. Sure they have the respect of the Stars how well they've played.

Won first game and had half a chance at 2nd. Thats all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: RegDunlop and nabob

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Mcleod - Henrique - Foegele
Janmark- Carrick - Brown

If Gagner is in, he can take one of Mcleod or Foegele.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Is that what I said? I expect our goalie to not allow weak goals and give us the best possible chance to win. That's what I expect. Also, Picks has played lights out. Why not rotate tenders?
Skinner did that tonight. Edmonton fans have a delusional definition of what a weak goal is if they think the first goal against was weak.

Why bench Skinner after his last 4 games. Makes no sense.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

Yeah, I'd prefer Ryan out too but look how long they held onto that plug Perry? I'll be surprised if they sit Ryan and keep Carrick in but maybe some common sense will prevail.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014

Dallas are good on the road but don’t count out our general eliteness at home this year.

Should be two good games.

we do need way more from the top 6. Poor game from them tonight. Drai and McDavid both being cute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad