Proposal: Los Angeles - Philadelphia Provorov

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I leave this scouting report with you.

"An offensively gifted defenceman who can direct the game's pace when the puck is on his stick. Provorov is a quick and agile skater with an accurate release on his shot, which he can get off anywhere below the blue line; creates many chances on the power play and can even create offense during the penalty kill"

No offense but i trust the professional scouts more than a guy on the internet.

Even if he would be a shutdown d, our top pair is set into stone as long as Doughty is here.
If any, we would look for a 2nd pair body clearing defender, which Provorov is in no shape or form.
We have youngsters coming up filling this role perfectly fine.

If Philly for any reason still insists to trade, they will have to agree to trade value of a 2nd pairing stay at home defender.
This is why there won't be any trade at all
That's probably from his draft year I've been watching him year after year. He's been a consistent complaint on the pp but his back end skills are top notch.
Value is what it is if you don't want him I'm content.

Reactions: funky

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
That's probably from his draft year I've been watching him year after year. He's been a consistent complaint on the pp but his back end skills are top notch.

Like i said, those a professional scouts.

I also proposed to not trade a at all so let's move on.
Thx for the time though

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
It is from 2014. Obama had more years as President. Provorov was on Cedar Rapid Roughriders. not arguing the point but man…

Reactions: Curufinwe

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Like i said, those a professional scouts.

I also proposed to not trade a at all so let's move on.
Thx for the time though

Well certainly a pre-draft scouting report from the almighty, infallible scouts is more telling than 7 seasons of actual gameplay in the NHL. Those guys have NEVER been wrong

• Haha
Reactions: YP44

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Well certainly a pre-draft scouting report from the almighty, infallible scouts is more telling than 7 seasons of actual gameplay in the NHL. Those guys have NEVER been wrong
Recent enough?
Provorov is really the opposite of what we are looking for, you guys can stop to offer him to us.
1673913212175.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: captainpaxil

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Recent enough?
Provorov is really the opposite of what we are looking for, you guys can stop to offer him to us.
View attachment 636401
You’re original statement said you’re looking for a defensive minded mid-pair guy, and that Provorov is the “opposite” of that.

Where in that scouting report does it suggest that Provorov is anything close to the opposite of a defensive minded dman? Pretty clearly says he’s an all-around dman capable of some offense with room to improve his defense.

Oh, and btw, an appeal to authority is a pretty weak way to make an argument.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Recent enough?
View attachment 636401
The scouting report isn’t from December 2022 that’s from the news section from rotowire.

That report is 2-3 years old as it says Provorov’s experience is 5 years but his experience in the NHL is 7 years this season.
4E5A7880-D643-41FC-A9FE-3CFCD1717885.jpeg

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You’re original statement said you’re looking for a defensive minded mid-pair guy, and that Provorov is the “opposite” of that.

Where in that scouting report does it suggest that Provorov is anything close to the opposite of a defensive minded dman? Pretty clearly says he’s an all-around dman capable of some offense with room to improve his defense.

Oh, and btw, an appeal to authority is a pretty weak way to make an argument.
Either you are so blind that not even Jesus could heal you or it's extremely selective reading.
The report clearly states that Provorov's weakness is the own zone.

It also states that he needs someone to do the dirty work to be effective, when we in fact are looking for a player that DOES the dirty work.
This is why he is the opposite of what we are looking for

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Either you are so blind that not even Jesus could heal you or it's extremely selective reading.
The report clearly states that Provorov's weakness is the own zone.

It also states that he needs someone to do the dirty work to be effective, when we in fact are looking for a player that DOES the dirty work.
This is why he is the opposite of what we are looking for

Ummm, it clearly does not state either of those things. Reading comprehension and the ability to understand context is not your strong point eh?

It states “has to improve his play in his own zone TO TAKE HIS PLAY TO THE NEXT LEVEL…” and “would benefit from a player who can do some of the dirty work”.

That’s quite different than stating Provorov is bad in his own zone or needs someone to do the dirty work to be effective, as your suggesting.

Also, since those two statements are so vague that they apply to probably 90% of dmen in the NHL, kind of makes that scouting report pretty useless, don’t you think? He skates well, can play 20-25 mins a game, and can put up good offensive stats? Wow, amazing insight! A casual hockey viewer definitely couldn’t come up with that in a combined 4 mins of watching Provorov play and looking up his stats. The expert scout says a defenseman could take his game to the next level by, ya know, playing better defense!?!?? Mind = Blown. All hail the infallible hockey scouts (if whoever wrote that little blurb is even a scout, you never provided a name or credentials).

All of this to say it’s perfectly fine to not want Provorov. He is what he is. Just don’t say stupid things like “he’s the opposite of…” or mis-represent “scouting reports” that don’t even say what you claim they say. And save us all the lame “I’ll believe a scout over some internet loser lulz” appeals to authority.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Ummm, it clearly does not state either of those things. Reading comprehension and the ability to understand context is not your strong point eh?

It states “has to improve his play in his own zone TO TAKE HIS PLAY TO THE NEXT LEVEL…” and “would benefit from a player who can do some of the dirty work”.

That’s quite different than stating Provorov is bad in his own zone or needs someone to do the dirty work to be effective, as your suggesting.

Also, since those two statements are so vague that they apply to probably 90% of dmen in the NHL, kind of makes that scouting report pretty useless, don’t you think? He skates well, can play 20-25 mins a game, and can put up good offensive stats? Wow, amazing insight! A casual hockey viewer definitely couldn’t come up with that in a combined 4 mins of watching Provorov play and looking up his stats. The expert scout says a defenseman could take his game to the next level by, ya know, playing better defense!?!?? Mind = Blown. All hail the infallible hockey scouts (if whoever wrote that little blurb is even a scout, you never provided a name or credentials).

All of this to say it’s perfectly fine to not want Provorov. He is what he is. Just don’t say stupid things like “he’s the opposite of…” or mis-represent “scouting reports” that don’t even say what you claim they say. And save us all the lame “I’ll believe a scout over some internet loser lulz” appeals to authority.
Alrighty buddy,

I agree with everything you say from here on.
Having the info that he has to improve in his own zone and reading it as defensive play is his strong suite, is beyond ridiculous.

Just one thing, several people told you now that Provorov is not of interest for some reasons and i leave it at that.
Please offer him to some other teams, i don't see a deal between the Kings and Philly

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Alrighty buddy,

Having the info that he has to improve in his own zone and reading it as defensive play is his strong suite, is beyond ridiculous.

Just one thing, several people told you now that Provorov is not of interest for some reasons and i leave it at that.
Please offer him to some other teams, i don't see a deal between the Kings and Philly

Again, reading comprehensions is important:

“All of this to say it’s perfectly fine to not want Provorov. He is what he is.”

Pretty clear that I acknowledged it’s absolutely fine to not covet Provorov. Re-read the thread, I haven’t offered him to anyone or even offered an opinion on his value.

Reactions: Kurrilino

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Alrighty buddy,

You could just say you haven't watched him yourself and this is what you've read.
Or if you are deadset on trusting pro scouts we'd gladly offer ristolainen lol

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You could just say you haven't watched him yourself and this is what you've read.
Or if you are deadset on trusting pro scouts we'd gladly offer ristolainen lol

I watch him more than 1 game per season because i like the Philly - Pens series.
To me he really looks like an offensive gifted defender with some defensive blunders or missreadings here and there.
There are not many guys like him and you should stick to him anyways

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3