Proposal: Los Angeles - Philadelphia Provorov

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If y
Provorov is not of interest to the Kings.

We are looking for a 2nd pair defensive crease cleaner with size and speed.
Provorov is the exact opposite of that.

Fagemo and the 1st are also off the table in general
If you think you can trade for a solid middle pair defender and don’t need to include assets like a first or a blah prospect like Fagemo… you ain’t paying any attention to the trade market for good middle pair defenders.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
If y

If you think you can trade for a solid middle pair defender and don’t need to include assets like a first or a blah prospect like Fagemo… you ain’t paying any attention to the trade market for good middle pair defenders.

I don't want to trade for any defnders, it's somehow the other guys obsession to find more defense when we actually are overflowing.
If what you are saying is true and the marketprices are ridiculous, there won't be any trading.

We already have the player everyone is looking for: Bjornfoot
Moverare is also an elite 3rd pairing defender that means we don't have any spot available

I am grateful that Blake stays put and let the other guys overpay and regret

Reactions: deaderhead28

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
If y

Agreed. Roy should never be included in this deal. He is worth alot more to a playoff team that some people think. Kings should be looking for sending a prospect and a pick for a D man. Fiala type of trade. Maybe add Grundstrom or Walker for cap.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If y

Matt Roy is a middle pairing dman. He does it on good team. He played top pair last year and made the playoffs.
So by your logic he is worth a lot. Someone above posted his points are around Provorov this year and hes a very defensive player.
Did you see Fagemo play this year? Looked real good got an assist and a goal in 2 games playing minimal minutes. They just wont give him a shot until next year as a 4th liner/13th forward or injuries pile up this year. Hes a good player.
Also there was a first round pick in the original post no? I dont even think the original poster is a Kings fan.

Reactions: go4hockey

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
The difference between roy and Provorov is not a first lst let alone adding prospects to him You are under rating Roy in a huge way

Reactions: KingsOfThe805

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
So by your logic he is worth a lot. Someone above posted his points are around Provorov this year and hes a very defensive player.
Did you see Fagemo play this year? Looked real good got an assist and a goal in 2 games playing minimal minutes. They just wont give him a shot until next year as a 4th liner/13th forward or injuries pile up this year. Hes a good player.
Also there was a first round pick in the original post no? I dont even think the original poster is a Kings fan.
I have seen Fagemo play, and was impressed with his drive to get to the net and his shot. Yes there was a 1st round pick in 2024, you are also correct I am not a Kings fan, but I do watch their games.

Provorov to LA makes sense but cost should be high draft picks and guys who haven’t panned out like L Andersson and Turcotte
Why would the Flyers want guys who haven’t panned out?

Reactions: Schmooley

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The difference between roy and Provorov is not a first lst let alone adding prospects to him You are under rating Roy in a huge way
Watched Roy last night. Not impressed. 4th in ice time, no pp time in 4 chances, very little pk time. -2 in a home loss.
didnt see Provorov play but numbers way better: 1st in icetime, 4 min on pk, 2nd in pp time, +1 in a road win.

Doesnt mean difference is 1st and prospect but IP is worth more.

i dont get to see Kings often, maybe caught them on a bad night.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I have seen Fagemo play, and was impressed with his drive to get to the net and his shot. Yes there was a 1st round pick in 2024, you are also correct I am not a Kings fan, but I do watch their games.

Why would the Flyers want guys who haven’t panned out?

Change of scenery. LA stacked W Fs
Turcotte in particular still has upside

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Provorov to LA makes sense but cost should be high draft picks and guys who haven’t panned out like L Andersson and Turcotte

It makes absolutely no sense at all.
Like we already mentioned, we look for a defensive minded mid pair guys if we would look at all.
Provorov is the exact opposite of what we need.

There is no trade to be made with the Kings.

Turcotte first ,23 24 d to make cap

Did you miss the 20 parts where the Kings peeps mentioned that Provorov is not wanted?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Like how no one wanted to touch Vilardi with his injury issues now he's on pace for 30+ goals this season.

That’s great. We don’t need a “possibility”. We need to get quality, not quantity. I don’t think we should move IP anyway, we should have never traded for and then signed Risto but Fletcher is a clown.

So I expect IP to be traded for someone from Minnesota who fights and checks.

Because Fletcher.

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Rd vs ld, depth vs needs, pretty simple
i dont believe 2 players they are of same value to their team
IP most minutes on his team, MR 4th.
Lets not forget salary, Provorov actual salary for the Next 2 seasons is going to be 7 mil. with retention. Thats a lot of money for player struggling to put up points (atm, they are tied in points). LA needs less shiny players, and more sandpaper types in terms of forward and dmen.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Lets not forget salary, Provorov actual salary for the Next 2 seasons is going to be 7 mil. with retention. Thats a lot of money for player struggling to put up points (atm, they are tied in points). LA needs less shiny players, and more sandpaper types in terms of forward and dmen.
Provorov has been more about shot suppression this season under torts which has led to Provorov going more defensive, which isn’t a bad thing if shots aren’t getting to the goaltender.

Provorov has been a workhorse on the Flyers defense playing 24-25 minutes a night sacrificing himself for the betterment of the team.

Ivan has been in the league for 7 seasons and has only missed 3 games due to the novel coronavirus of twenty thousand nineteen.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
It makes absolutely no sense at all.
Like we already mentioned, we look for a defensive minded mid pair guys if we would look at all.
Provorov is the exact opposite of what we need.

There is no trade to be made with the Kings.

Did you miss the 20 parts where the Kings peeps mentioned that Provorov is not wanted?
He's a top pairing shutdown d. I don't know that that's the opposite of what you are looking for but provy has a nasty point shot which lead to him leading the league for goals by a defenseman previously so many miscast him as an offensive d. If the cost is too high given the kings are making a playoff run and hoping to stretch their window I get it but let's not pretend he wouldn't be eating minutes next to doughty and on the pk

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1) Flyers have to retain on Hayes and JVR trades coming up so no shot at flyers retaining money.
2) The value of the trade offer is based on what you EXPECT Provorov to be when paired with a legit d-man and not the crud he has been paired up with. The value is NOT based on actually ice performance over the last 1+ years. It will be very very very interesting to see what the trade value will actually end up bring especially with a moron like Flusher.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Watched Roy last night. Not impressed. 4th in ice time, no pp time in 4 chances, very little pk time. -2 in a home loss.
didnt see Provorov play but numbers way better: 1st in icetime, 4 min on pk, 2nd in pp time, +1 in a road win.

Doesnt mean difference is 1st and prospect but IP is worth more.

i dont get to see Kings often, maybe caught them on a bad night.
definately caught them on a bad night.

Roy does not get PP time as Doughty and Durzi are the D on both units, and LA only plays one D a unit.

The OP is a steep price. I am a big Provorov to LA guy, but thought it would be Durzi going the other way

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
He's a top pairing shutdown d. I don't know that that's the opposite of what you are looking for but provy has a nasty point shot which lead to him leading the league for goals by a defenseman previously so many miscast him as an offensive d. If the cost is too high given the kings are making a playoff run and hoping to stretch their window I get it but let's not pretend he wouldn't be eating minutes next to doughty and on the pk
If LA made a deal for Provy he would definitely be playing 2nd pair on the Kings. Our top pair of Doughty and M Anderson will not change regardless of who we add.

Reactions: KingsOfThe805

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I leave this scouting report with you.

"An offensively gifted defenceman who can direct the game's pace when the puck is on his stick. Provorov is a quick and agile skater with an accurate release on his shot, which he can get off anywhere below the blue line; creates many chances on the power play and can even create offense during the penalty kill"

No offense but i trust the professional scouts more than a guy on the internet.

Even if he would be a shutdown d, our top pair is set into stone as long as Doughty is here.
If any, we would look for a 2nd pair body clearing defender, which Provorov is in no shape or form.
We have youngsters coming up filling this role perfectly fine.

If Philly for any reason still insists to trade, they will have to agree to trade value of a 2nd pairing stay at home defender.
This is why there won't be any trade at all

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki