Proposal: Los Angeles - Philadelphia Provorov

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
:kingsLos Angeles Acquires: LD Ivan Provorov (17% Retained) and Issac Ratcliffe

:flyersPhiladelphia Acquires: RD Matt Roy, LD Jacob Moverare, LW Samuel Fagemo and a 2024 1st round pick (top 2 protected).

LA strengthens the left side of their defense adding Provorov on a 17% retainer to make the cap work, while being able to move Durzi back to the RD this move also allows for the Kings to recall RD Spence on a more permanent basis if Walker gets pushed to 7D.

The Kings also get AHL lifer Ratcliffe since this proposal puts the Flyers back at 50 contracts. Maybe Issac could be a filler with the Reign for a few seasons.

Philly gets a steady RD in Roy who is capable of adapting his game to whomever he’s paired with. Roy would be a good pairing with Sanheim or York.

The Flyers also get a few Swedish prospects in LD Moverare, LW Fagemo and also add a 1st rounder in the 2024 draft.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

:flyersPhiladelphia Acquires: RD Matt Roy, LD Jacob Moverare, LW Samuel Fagemo and a 2024 1st round pick (top 2 protected).

LA strengthens the left side of their defense adding Provorov on a 17% retainer to make the cap work, while being able to move Durzi back to the RD this move also allows for the Kings to recall RD Spence on a more permanent basis if Walker gets pushed to 7D.

The Kings also get AHL lifer Ratcliffe since this proposal puts the Flyers back at 50 contracts. Maybe Issac could be a filler with the Reign for a few seasons.

Philly gets a steady RD in Roy who is capable of adapting his game to whomever he’s paired with. Roy would be a good pairing with Sanheim or York.

The Flyers also get a few Swedish prospects in LD Moverare, LW Fagemo and also add a 1st rounder in the 2024 draft.

Probably too rich for me. Not keen on moving Fagemo and not enough protection on the 1st. Probably not awful for us though.

counter

Roy, JAD, 24 1st ( top 10 protected)

Provorov (with as much cap retention as we can squeeze out of ya)

Still not that keen to move on from Roy or Jad though.

Reactions: ricardfromage

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
ExBMh5uXEAgt4Am

The deal doesn't work for LA if Roy is involved.

People don't realize how valuable he is. He may be worth more than Provorov straight up.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Flyers could and should do better in a deal involving Provorov.
Wtf are you talking about?
Matt Roy who is not available is a cheaper version of MacKenzie Weegar
Samuel Fagemo is a bigger version of Viktor Arvidsson
Jacob Moverare is the perfect bottom pairing Dman
And a f***ing 1st

You ain’t getting a better deal than that. Provorov is overpaid for what he’s delivered so far but you make it seems like he’s a #1, shit he’s barely a #2. Keep your trash

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
And a f***ing 1st

You ain’t getting a better deal than that. Provorov is overpaid for what he’s delivered so far but you make it seems like he’s a #1, shit he’s barely a #2. Keep your trash

Well maybe pump your breaks there a little bit. Roy is a good defenseman, no one is questioning that. But Moverare isn’t a perfect bottom pairing guy, that’s probably his ceiling. I agree with your point on protection on that first of course.

I’d prefer something like Walker, Fagemo, and a 1st (top ten protected) for Provorov at full price. Moverare can be included in the deal if necessary. But we would likely be trading for Provorov to play with Roy, so getting rid of him doesn’t make sense.

Hell, I might even move Durzi instead of Walker.

Anderson - Doughty
Provorov - Roy
Bjornfot - Durzi/Walker/Spence

I like it.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
The deal doesn't work for LA if Roy is involved.

People don't realize how valuable he is. He may be worth more than Provorov straight up.
Matt Roy is a good defenseman no one is questioning that but he isn’t worth more then Ivan Provorov straight up.

Roy is a good 2nd pairing defender while Provorov is a 1st pairing defender.

Both Provorov and Roy are used differently as well, if Provorov were on LA’s defense and used properly he’d flourish on their blueline, instead he’s on a crappy Flyers team getting stuck with carrying Ristolainen’s dead weight around on most nights while playing in all situations.

In the proposal the Flyers are retaining 17% ($1,147,500) percent of Ivan’s contract per season making his hit at $5,602,500 per season of the remainder of his deal, fitting nicely into LA’s salary structure going forward.

Another thing to consider in the proposal Philly not asking for a Kings 1st rounder this season 2023 but instead asked for a 2024 pick pushing out the pick further since the Kings would most likely want more value for a coveted pick in a deeper draft year this season.

Looking at the 2024 draft and some of the prospects available doesn’t seem nowhere near as deep as the 2023 draft so the Flyers are taking a huge risk in a 2024 1st round pick.

Fagemo should be on the Kings roster but there just isn’t any room for him since LA has a deep roster and prospect pool. Moverare was included as well, as I kinda like Moverare’s defensive game. Trying to even out the value to both teams maybe I’m off a bit maybe the 1st protection should have been top 7.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
And a f***ing 1st

The homerism in this one is strong - Maybe take a few deep breaths before you reply to posts.
Talk about trash, thanks for the laugh.

Now the OP's proposal wasn't horrible, I just don't view or hold the LA players and prospects in the same regard as you do. Matt Roy is a fine player, don't get me wrong - I just don't see how that works realistically. I would also prefer quality over quantity - whether that's draft picks/prospects. Just looking at recent deadline trades involving defensemen I believe the Flyers could do well in an offseason deal/at the draft where more teams will have the flexibility to wheel and deal.

I do believe Provorov and Flyers will part ways but from my understanding, there's no immediate rush to ship him out (under contract 24/25) I also believe they should command a nice return for a 26-year-old, let's call him a top 3 defenseman (just so you don't poop your little pants)

Top 4 Dmen are a premium asset - Provorov will shine in a new environment/fresh start. I would welcome discussion as to where others view his value.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
And a f***ing 1st

No horse in this race, but, at first consideration, the downside of this package is age,
2 guys were drafted in '15, '16
In these deals, often sellers want guys back who will still be young-ish through/after the 2-4 more seasons to turn it around.
Like how Muzzin deal brought back a high pick, and guys who were 20, 21 at the time.
Is that not a reasonable precedent/comparable?

Reactions: BernieParent

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Roy and a 1st could be the price at the end.
nevermind the other 2 older prospects since philly is maxed at 50 already.
right now i’m waiting for better deal up to the tdl. Would prefer 2023 pick.

Reactions: ricardfromage

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
Roy and a 1st could be the price at the end.
nevermind the other 2 older prospects since philly is maxed at 50 already.
right now i’m waiting for better deal up to the tdl. Would prefer 2023 pick.
I would prefer a 2023 1st as well but I wasn’t going to push my luck since I was asking for the Kings developed prospects who I believe are NHL ready. 2023 1st are also highly regarded which would have favored the Flyers too heavily.

Fagemo and Moverare are 22 and 24 respectively and have plenty of years to contribute to NHL teams. Sure they are older prospects but they are older prospects who are NHL ready.

Samuel Fagemo is a good skater that is always willing to pay the price in order to score goals, Samuel can play either side LW or RW has above average hand eye coordination and the best attribute is Fagemo’s shot which is lethal in certain instances.

Fagemo could be a talented goal scoring winger if given the right opportunity which he hasn’t been afforded yet as LA’s forward depth has blocked Fagemo’s path to a full time roster spot.

Jacob Moverare is the older of the two prospects at 24 but I believe Jacob is ready as a 3rd pairing defender at the very least.

Moverare has the kind of hockey smarts that coaches love, has the size to be physical and an active stick to defend plays, Jacob also impressed in the SHL and the AHL prior to reaching the NHL as he could become a smart and steady defender in the NHL if the opportunity arises.

You made a good point that Philly would be at 50 contracts with this deal but the deadline is coming and other Flyers players should be leaving via trade so the Flyers wouldn’t be at 50 contracts for very long.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Roy would be an even better partner for Provorov. The Kings can get Provorov without trading Roy.

Reactions: go4hockey

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
That trade doesn’t do much for me as a Flyers fan. Pass.
Why not it gives the Flyers a RD lesser version of Provorov on defense a 3rd pairing LD maybe in Moverare and a potential 3LW in Fagemo as well as a 1st in 2024.

I don’t believe the Flyers would find a much better deal then this for Provorov.

While Roy is not as good as Provorov defensively in shot suppression, Roy is still a good enough to be a top 4 defender.

Kings and Flyers fans are both balking at this proposal so it must be closer then I thought it would be.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

I think this offer sucks for Philly. I can’t think of any piece they actually want from this OP but the 1st round pick from a weak draft that probably won’t even be a lottery pick.

This is two blah, NHL ready prospects, a blah 4-5 type defender and a blah ~20th pick from a blah draft.

For Phillys best trade chip.

I can’t speak for their terrible GM but Philly should hang up.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why not it gives the Flyers a RD lesser version of Provorov on defense a 3rd pairing LD maybe in Moverare and a potential 3LW in Fagemo as well as a 1st in 2024.

I don’t believe the Flyers would find a much better deal then this for Provorov.

While Roy is not as good as Provorov defensively in shot suppression, Roy is still a good enough to be a top 4 defender.

Kings and Flyers fans are both balking at this proposal so it must be closer then I thought it would be.
There is nothing here that Philly should want. Nothing. Just keep your player rather than get a collection of nothing interesting from the other team.

pooch

May 30, 2017

If I’m moving Provorov, a 23 1st or high end prospect has to be coming back as the main piece. This proposal is a lot of quantity and light on quality. We don’t need more bottom 6ers and 3rd pairing types. Just my opinion.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Provorov is not of interest to the Kings.

We are looking for a 2nd pair defensive crease cleaner with size and speed.
Provorov is the exact opposite of that.

Fagemo and the 1st are also off the table in general

• Wow
Reactions: McJedi

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
And a f***ing 1st

Oh so now Provorov is trash?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Oh so now Provorov is trash?
I’m personally not impressed with him and I’m really not impressed with his lack of knowledge of what was being offered from that Kings fan.
A top pick a few years ago who’s failed to live up to his billing is worth what? I’m not a fan of Chychrun either do to his injuries but he’s a better player than Pro, yet you guys think they’re worth the same? Because that’s what that package represents

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Pretty weak offer here. The Flyers would be best to target one banger piece and then some secondary bits--like a team's best or second-best prospect and a 2nd and a cap dump.

And I don't think the Flyers will want to retain on one of their actual attractive trade pieces. They'll be moving JVR and almost certainly trying to trade Hayes, and both those guys they'll likely need to retain on to get a half-decent return. You can only retain on three at a time, they'd have Hayes and Provorov marked for the next two years while they have a lot of bad contracts (Risto, may want to retain and move DeAngelo at deadline next year) and LTIR long haulers (Atkinson, Ellis, and perhaps even Couturier) they'd likely also be interested in working off the books. I can't see them hitting that limit, but very few teams have ever had this much expensive, wasted salary to expel in the cap era, so they may prefer to have their options open.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3