Prospect Info: Los Angeles Kings Top Prospect Rankings - #4

Who is the Kings' #4 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Vote for one player, and post who you want to add to the next poll.

Added to this poll: Arthur Kaliyev, Samuel Fagemo, and David Hrenak

Only players who are eligible for the 2020 Calder trophy (so no Wagner, Amadio, etc). Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2019 (so Prokhorkin just makes the cut, if you wish to vote him in)
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons. (so Matt Roy, at 25 games, just makes the cut if you want to vote him in)

#1 - Alex Turcotte, F, 59.1%
#2 - Gabriel Vilardi, F, 53.6%
#3 - Rasmus Kupari, F, 46.4%

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Went Petersen here. It was tough. But he just has 'it' imo. The skills and the right mentality to be an NHL goaltender. Had a really hard time with about 5 guys though, could be convinced in either direction pretty easily.

Add Parik

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Going through these polls, I feel like we got some meat on the bone in our farm system. All we need is one blue chip and we can nearly call it a rebuild, and begin our re-ascent while stockpiling futures for deadline deals.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This is hard - I went with JAD, but there are a lot of good options here. I think Petersen is next for me, but we’ve produced so many good goalies that the thought of a future captain (and potential second-line center or top six wing) is too exciting to pass up. If we are lucky enough to have our top five prospects hit, I’m super excited about our future.

Kaliyev - Vilardi - Kupari
Fagemo - Turcotte - JAD

I would also add Strand next.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Michael Anderson. To me, it was between him and Petersen. My edge to Mikey (right or wrong) is that he just turned 20 and has overachieved every year in every instance...while
Cal turns 25 in October. By the time Michael is 25, he will be LHD #1

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This is where the fun begin. We all knew who the top 3 were, but I feel now it'll become more spread out. Went with Grundstrom here. I don't know about ranking goalies. I believe the hype in Cal, but it's still an unknown for me.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Michael Anderson. To me, it was between him and Petersen. My edge to Mikey (right or wrong) is that he just turned 20 and has overachieved every year in every instance...while
Cal turns 25 in October. By the time Michael is 25, he will be LHD #1

Sure hope you’re right!

Unfortunately, that means Drew will be 35 and possibly no longer a 1 RD... with an $11 million contract.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think Fagemo is underrated. Everyone loves Kupari, but Fagemo is the same age, played in a men's league last year also, and was the better player.

Prokhorkin is probably the best player amongst the options on this list.

If guys like Petersen, Grundstrom and Prokhorkin are still considered prospects then Wagner kind of is too. He technically hasn't played a full NHL season yet.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
All of these polls except last been tough. This is the toughest one yet. Ill say Mikey Anderson followed by his half brother Jarrett Anderson Dolan

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think Fagemo is underrated. Everyone loves Kupari, but Fagemo is the same age, played in a men's league last year also, and was the better player.

Prokhorkin is probably the best player amongst the options on this list.

If guys like Petersen, Grundstrom and Prokhorkin are still considered prospects then Wagner kind of is too. He technically hasn't played a full NHL season yet.

Wagner's not Calder eligible, per the OP

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
JAD seems like another middle 6 prospect. Voting for a 25 yr old goalie who put up a sub .900 sv% in the AHL last season as our 4th best prospect is too depressing for me.
Kaliyev has a much higher ceiling. Kaliyev is my choice.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
JAD seems like another middle 6 prospect. Voting for a 25 yr old goalie who put up a sub .900 sv% in the AHL last season as our 4th best prospect is too depressing for me.
Kaliyev has a much higher ceiling. Kaliyev is my choice.

I think Kaliyev has the higher ceiling too, and while JAD has been compared to Logan Couture and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, I see a lot of Justin Williams in his game. I would LOVE for JAD to develop into our next JW. A relentless leader playing tough top nine minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad