Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like Thread 6 - A new season on the horizon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean I love my big, beautiful Maine Coon cat. But I also hate him, as I hate other cats, because he wakes me up periodically in the middle of the night. Which, at the end of the day, is why I imagine men generally don't like cats. It is merely out of pragmatism. Which women are apparently content to disreguard.

My job on hockey's off-season is pet sitting. Let me tell you: Both dogs and cats will wake you up in the middle of the night.

I have one client that likes me to stay overnight with her two dogs and a cat. One of the dogs is older and generally very easy going. She sleeps most of the day and has no issue being left alone. The other dog will be attached to my hip the entire time. She follows me around the house, jumps on the lap when I sit down and sleeps next to me at night. She also wakes up at 2:30-3:00 in the morning and will lick my face until I get up as well.

The cat is vocal as well, though I think it's more about the circumstances than anything. The dogs and the cat don't get along, so as long as the dogs are out and about, the cat is confined to its room, including overnight. And he's very vocal about wanting out of that room at night.

Overall, I've seen the pros and cons of owning one pet or the other. Usually depends on how I'm feeling on any particular day.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
The other dog will be attached to my hip the entire time. She follows me around the house, jumps on the lap when I sit down and sleeps next to me at night. She also wakes up at 2:30-3:00 in the morning and will lick my face until I get up as well.
I always wondered why dogs do this. I figured they’re trying to make sure you’re ok/not comatose?

Reactions: Unsustainable

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
1724472168724.jpeg

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I always wondered why dogs do this. I figured they’re trying to make sure you’re ok/not comatose?

It’s probably much simpler than that. You put food in or near your mouth throughout the day, the dogs want the leftover scraps. The food bacteria builds up in/near your mouth overnight, so they’re more likely to give those “kisses” in the morning.

The dog could also just be indicating that it needs to use the bathroom and has figured out that licking your face draws a reaction that will wake you up.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
My job on hockey's off-season is pet sitting. Let me tell you: Both dogs and cats will wake you up in the middle of the night.

I have one client that likes me to stay overnight with her two dogs and a cat. One of the dogs is older and generally very easy going. She sleeps most of the day and has no issue being left alone. The other dog will be attached to my hip the entire time. She follows me around the house, jumps on the lap when I sit down and sleeps next to me at night. She also wakes up at 2:30-3:00 in the morning and will lick my face until I get up as well.

The cat is vocal as well, though I think it's more about the circumstances than anything. The dogs and the cat don't get along, so as long as the dogs are out and about, the cat is confined to its room, including overnight. And he's very vocal about wanting out of that room at night.

Overall, I've seen the pros and cons of owning one pet or the other. Usually depends on how I'm feeling on any particular day.
My dog has never woken me up until recently, because he's old and his heart races in the middle of the night so he starts panting. But before that, never.

And neither did his predecessor. But then again, Newfoundlands are big, lazy bears and pretty low maintenance. Except for the grooming.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It’s probably much simpler than that. You put food in or near your mouth throughout the day, the dogs want the leftover scraps. The food bacteria builds up in/near your mouth overnight, so they’re more likely to give those “kisses” in the morning.

The dog could also just be indicating that it needs to use the bathroom and has figured out that licking your face draws a reaction that will wake you up.
When a wolf pack comes back to the den after a successful hunt, the puppies lick the sides of the adult’s muzzles which induces them to regurgitate some of their meal, which the puppies eat. The licking of your face is probably very hard wired, especially when hungry.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad