Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If he plays, probably beat case Ontario he just replaces the production Monahan had before he was dealt, so there's no improvement for the team.
If he stays healthy, and he just has to this year, please hockey gods..............he easily outproduces Money hands.....easily.

Dach will probably start this year on pp2. But already next year when Demidov is here, both pop's should be good ones.

Suzuki
Laine/Caufield Demidov Slaf
Hutson

Roy
Caufield/Laine Newhook Dach
Matheson
Pleasant problems at that point!!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If he stays healthy, and he just has to this year, please hockey gods..............he easily outproduces Money hands.....easily.

Pleasant problems at that point!!
He'd need 50ish points in those 50 games(49) thar Monahan played for the Habs before being dealt.

Do you think he fan be, essentially a point per game for at least 50 games ?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He'd need 50ish points in those 50 games(49) thar Monahan played for the Habs before being dealt.

Monahan was a PPG guy for us? U Sure? Nevermind........I looked he wasn't
He got 35 pts in 49 games with us.
Dach will easily get that..............easily.
In fact I think Dach will easily outproduce Monahan next year, each guy head to head.

Monahan will not play with a top 6 like Dach will

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Monahan was a PPG guy for us? U Sure? Nevermind........I looked he wasn't
He got 35 pts in 49 games with us.
Dach will easily get that..............easily.
In fact I think Dach will easily outproduce Monahan next year, each guy head to head.

Monahan will not play with a top 6 like Dach will
You said Dach easily will outproduce Monahan's totals from last year. Easily out producing him would mean Dach is a point per game player as Monahan was at a .75 ppg run last season. Matching that and easily out producing Monahan from last year are two different things.

Dach should out produce Monahan head-to-head this year.

Reactions: The Great Weal

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
Can't wait to have Dach back.

I do think we have to manage our expectations point wise.

There is only one puck, and it's very rare to have a top 6 where all players are producing 60+ points. Laine, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Suzuki....it's very unlikely all 5 will be producing at their max potential at the same time, especially since they can't all fit on the PP.

Dach hovering around 50-55 points is a reasonable expectation if he plays 82 games.

Even the following point distribution would be pretty exceptional

Suzuki 75 points
Caufield 70points
Slafkovsky 65 points
Laine 60 points
Dach 55 points

Suzuki 175 points
Caufield 170 points
Slafkovsky 165 points
Laine 160 points
Dach 155 points

Fixed it for you! your forgot the one in front ;):thumbu::D

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

For sure it's possible.

But right now, for all our players that have had significant injuries in the past, Xhekaj, Guhke, Matheson, Caufield, Dach, Roy, Laine, etc.. I really hope they can stay healthy.

People doubted Matheson and Caufield could play a full season, and they did last year.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Been hoping for some updates on Dach's summer development post injury but it's been pretty quiet.

Dach will eventually be on PP2 so most of his production will be 5-on-5; so if he doesn't overtake Suzuki as 1C then he's probably gonna be a 50-70 point guy.

JF Chaumont says Dach is 100% healthy and could've come back for the last couple games of last season. he's 100% healthy for camp.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm worried, dude has been a total injury machine. He's probably eligible for the calder still with the pathetic amount of games he's played in his career.

Hopefully it's just a spell of bad luck. Koivu had the same concerns early in his career, but ended up being much healthier after the early 2000s for the rest of his career.

However, koivu also wasn't the same player after a particular knee on knee hit in his sophomore season, but he was still a good player.

On the other hand, you have Benoit brunet. Decent player who just seemed to be hurt all the time.

Reactions: Rapala and Habs

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Trained with Britney Millar during Offseason 2024. On his skating at Millar Power Skating.

1000057191.jpg

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
I remember seeing somewhere that the doctor who did Dach surgery was adamant that if he was to do the surgery to him, that he would not play for the whole season even if the rehabilitation went good.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
We need to go BPA. Be that Schaefer, McQueen or Martone. I also dont get the those saying we absolutely need another top line forward. This top 9 is plenty good:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Hage-Roy
Dach has played 212 games out of 410 in 5 years....His health does not inspire me confidence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad