GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Columbus Blue Jackets - February 9, 2015 - 4:00 p.m. (PST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Has Muzzin really been that bad?

He's been a dumpster fire with the puck on and off this year, and he's made some very bad pinches/reads offensively, but so long as he stays on the right side of the puck, his defensive play has gotten stronger, he's been immense. Problem is that seemingly every mistake has ended up in our net (probably due to Doughty also thinking offensively and if Muzzin is the safety valve and the play breaks down...welp) and the one against Florida the other night was particularly glaring. But It's also probably due to heavy minutes, I distinctly remember him playing at least 28 on more than one occasion and he's no Doughty.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
True. He was our best defenseman for a good portion of the playoffs last year; specifically the San jose series.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
True. He was our best defenseman for a good portion of the playoffs last year; specifically the San jose series.

I remember him manhandling Thornton physically, breaking the puck out beautifully, then containing Marleau's speed before stealing the puck and breaking it out again immediately all on the same shift. Beastly.

Agreed with driller, we need that guy to show up especially with Marty down. I bet he plays close to 30 and Doughty goes over. The other night Regher of all people had 28ish and looked fantastic, we need that too. I think the real defensive problem tomorrow is just too many plodders between Regehr-Greene-McNabb, but I guess it is what it is, thankfully Columbus isn't flying around like Tampa Bay, but they're definitely more consistently tenacious on the wall, so that beef might be nice.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
So bottom dwelling, injury ridden CBJ team with their #1 goalie out... that plays a defensive style... Couple that with the Kings really needing a win to get back into the playoff hunt.... What could go wrong? :laugh:

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Muzzin just needs to stop passing tape to tape to the other team right in front of our net

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Regehr has been a pimp this season. Straight beasting most nights.

Yeah, that pass to Jug-Stand was pretty accurate.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So bottom dwelling, injury ridden CBJ team with their #1 goalie out... that plays a defensive style... Couple that with the Kings really needing a win to get back into the playoff hunt.... What could go wrong? :laugh:

Don't forget we already got our 1-in-a-row the other night!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
:laugh:

16292798410_70da909d32.jpg

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Ryan Murray. They won't even know he's missing. He'll be ready in about a month.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
With 30 games left, they can still hit 116 points for the year. They have some wiggle room, they can still lose a couple games, but not many more than that.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I'd like to see Forbort called up! He's not flashy, but he's been playing really well with Manchester, and deserves a shot. He can't possibly be any worse in breaking the puck out than McNabb or Greene, and probably would defend better than McNabb, Greene, and McBain, and even Muzzin when he's half asleep.

Ron*

In the 4 games he's been in our lineup, Matt Green has 0 pts, -2 and 2 PIM. Almost as bad as Matt Greene, we'll see how he does tomorrow.

well, i'd rather have Green than Greene in the lineup... but i'm pretty sure it's Greene on our current roster

Well at least I know some of you guys are actually looking at the GDT! :laugh:

I wonder sometimes how this **** happens...the problem is my typing can get a little hazy when I put these things together late at night, I will ensure the "e" is on Greene next time around. :)

Ron*

Kings haven't registered back-to-back wins since mid-December when they beat the Blues and Coyotes. A win tomorrow would put them 3 points behind the Canucks, who sit at 3rd in the Pacific, and 3 points behind the Flames, who possess the last wild card position.

So yeah, they really could use a win tomorrow.

Unfortunately, we are catching them at a very bad time. They have destroyed their last two opponents (7-1 over the Blues on Friday and 4-1 over the Senators on Sunday). They are hot and we are going to have to cool them down to get a win. We were able to do it against Tampa, let's see what happens tonight.

I can't see Muffin assisting on opponent's goal for a third straight game.

Ron*

With 30 games left, they can still hit 116 points for the year. They have some wiggle room, they can still lose a couple games, but not many more than that.

One of my favorite posts of all time.

Now that is a true optimist. Puts me to shame. :laugh:

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Unfortunately, we are catching them at a very bad time. They have destroyed their last two opponents (7-1 over the Blues on Friday and 4-1 over the Senators on Sunday). They are hot and we are going to have to cool them down to get a win. We were able to do it against Tampa, let's see what happens tonight.

I can't see Muffin assisting on opponent's goal for a third straight game.

I watched the game against the Blues, and they looked really sharp. But then, Tampa....

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I'd like to see Forbort called up! He's not flashy, but he's been playing really well with Manchester, and deserves a shot. He can't possibly be any worse in breaking the puck out than McNabb or Greene, and probably would defend better than McNabb, Greene, and McBain, and even Muzzin when he's half asleep.

Forbort's problem right now is the lack of a spot to be called up for. I believe Shore is the only person that can be sent down without waivers...

There's always AndyAndy, but he makes 550k to Forborts 840k (think that's about right)... so cap/waivers could be an issue sending Andy down....

Martinez doesn't look to be going on IR yet... that would require Matinez miss what 7 games min? Kings are probably hoping he misses 1 or 2 max....

Just don't see anyway to get Forbort a call up right now.... In a couple of games if Martinez goes on IR, there would be an opening. Would also be a good time to call up Forbort, because the Kings putting Martinez on IR should just about end the season.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Saw in a reader "comment" on another site that Forbort is being called up today? Haven't read this anywhere else!! Could it be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad