GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Columbus Blue Jackets - February 9, 2015 - 4:00 p.m. (PST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
What a sniper.

I'm surprised Burrows is the only one to get hit up high by a Stoll one-timer.

Can't stand Ryan Smyth but give the guy credit for standing in front of the net for two different clubs with Stoll firing one-timers from the point.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Happy with the win but I'm still upset about the Florida loss. I hope that game doesn't come back to haunt us.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Don't look now, but Doughty leads the league in TOI and TOI/GP. He leads in TOI by 150 minutes.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
How come we stopped making Doughty pics?

16302131470_374542c060_o.jpg

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
As a long time hater of Regehrs inability to play. His performance the last 18 months has made me a fan. His heart and soul combined with his rumbling bumbling stumbling hold-my-beer approach to the hockey side of things is too adorable not to love

No lie, earlier this evening I was actually wondering how you felt about Regher these days :laugh:. I never hated him to the degree you did, but he's won me over, glad to see the same goes for you.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I heard Stoll once took out a kid and his mom in the 300s back in Edmonton.

Not quite how it went down, he took the mom out AFTER the game. She accidentally forgot about the kid and left him in the 300's.

And that's how Taylor Hall really became the property of the Edmonton Oilers.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Man ... I want to believe... I really do.... just can't get my hopes up...

The Kings could finish out the month strong... get an emotional bump from the return of Voynov.... and ride it into the playoffs....

Do the Kings have a hotline set up to help people through the emotional roller coaster of a season?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Man ... I want to believe... I really do.... just can't get my hopes up...

The Kings could finish out the month strong... get an emotional bump from the return of Voynov.... and ride it into the playoffs....

Do the Kings have a hotline set up to help people through the emotional roller coaster of a season?

We're gonna make the playoffs. I guarantee it. This is our ace in the hole.

15869993423_a67dd87f92_o.jpg

Last edited:

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Yeah CBJ just got done kicking the tar out of the Blues 7-1 and the Sens 4-1. We controlled the great majority of the game. Good road win even with a slight letdown, and ****, it's two in a row for the first time since December IIRC. I'm a happy camper!

But agreed, the Calgary game means more than anything so far, hope the guys get up and stay up this time, now that they've been embarrassed by Calgary a few times, hope they get good and pissed off.

:handclap:

Yeah, gutsy effort all things considered. He knew we needed him tonight and came through big. Not bad considering how shoddy our d-lineup is...and apparently (per Rosen) we tried to call up Forbort (Schultz hurt) but weather wouldn't comply so it was pretty serious for Regehr.

And yeah, holy crap man, Dwight King. I think seeing him play like this is why people are more annoyed when he's just battleshipping around on a daily basis. Thank goodness he's stepped up big, and hope he can carry this play through.

I'm now hearing the same thing about Forbort. Apparently he was going to play last night and could not get a flight out of Boston because of the snowstorm. What a game by RR though. I did not even know he was sick until reading the posts after the game. I'm sure he had to be the reason they tried to get Forbort out.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I'm now hearing the same thing about Forbort. Apparently he was going to play last night and could not get a flight out of Boston because of the snowstorm. What a game by RR though. I did not even know he was sick until reading the posts after the game. I'm sure he had to be the reason they tried to get Forbort out.
At least next year we won't have to deal with snowstorm issues when attempting to call up players from Ontario!!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That ND education paying dividends. :naughty:

I probably have more typing mistakes and grammar errors than anyone, but yet when people mean re-sign and type resign it bothers me. One means retirement and the other means getting a new contract. Very different.

Anyway feels good to finally win two in a row, however this game did not make me feel confident that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad