London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Dickinson and O’Reilly are also good leaders. It’s a great culture. Even a guy like Brzustewicz has such good leadership qualities. I’m so happy for the group that got letters. Each guy deserves it and will hopefully will this team to the promise land!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Anyone think Leonard and Willmore will get another shot in this league? My hope is yes.
I would guess if released there were no takers for a deal and they'd have to clear waivers n no one picked them up. Unfortunately a little late for the university option this year unless they start next semester.
I'll guess they take a few months off n go yo school or play local lower level Jr.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
It's looking good for the Knights on defense for next year, out of 7 on their roster they will likely lose only Bunk, six will be back with Caleb Mitchell in the developmental seat waiting for next year, plus Medvedev coming back in his prime
Dickinson? Do you think he will be back or will he make the sharks?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Dickinson? Do you think he will be back or will he make the sharks?
I believe that Dickinson will return, and if it were solely for his offensive prowess, he would remain with the big club. He is truly exceptional. However, there are still significant obstacles to overcome, and there is a reason why he was push back in his draft. He could rectify that this season, it's a difficult habit to breakout in junior hockey. If someone can do it, it's him. He has the right team to work with. If not, he'll be back next year.

Reactions: LDN

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The Pete's could be looking for an overage D, they need help back there, It'll be tough for an overage goalie to get a spot on a team
The Petes have no room for another overager. They already have four. I think they will keep two of their overage forwards and Liam Sztuska. If they add a defenceman it will be a 18 or 19 year old.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
The Petes have no room for another overager. They already have four. I think they will keep two of their overage forwards and Liam Sztuska. If they add a defenceman it will be a 18 or 19 year old.
Of course, they do, look how young the defense is, they need someone older to work with them, show the way, maybe Leonard is not the right candidate, they still need someone with more experience back there. IMHO

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
For all those who took issue with any post about Willmore not being the guy this year, your head must be spinning knowing that Mark Hunter agreed with us. Sometimes things are just obvious.
I’m not sure I would have released Leonard in favour of an OA goalie, but Mark knows what he’s doing (and what was available vs what wasn’t) and based on the kids track record he appears to be a solid pick up. Played in front of big crowds with big pressure, takes good care of himself physically (reminds me of Michael Houser and the things he did to be healthy). We’ve got our starter, and our goalie of the future. Well done.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Of course, they do, look how young the defense is, they need someone older to work with them, show the way, maybe Leonard is not the right candidate, they still need someone with more experience back there. IMHO
I agree but it likely won’t be an overage. They need Liam Sztuska in net and they are going to go with two forwards as the other two. I think they will add a 18 or 19 year old defenceman to help with defence.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
For all those who took issue with any post about Willmore not being the guy this year, your head must be spinning knowing that Mark Hunter agreed with us. Sometimes things are just obvious.
I’m not sure I would have released Leonard in favour of an OA goalie, but Mark knows what he’s doing (and what was available vs what wasn’t) and based on the kids track record he appears to be a solid pick up. Played in front of big crowds with big pressure, takes good care of himself physically (reminds me of Michael Houser and the things he did to be healthy). We’ve got our starter, and our goalie of the future. Well done.
Still haven't figured it out yet. It was never about agreeing with Mark or not, or posters being right or wrong, it was about publically embarrassing a player playing for your favorite team in a public forum. We all have eyes, but not all of us have big mouths or twitchy typing fingers that can hurt player feelings in public.

Reactions: LDN

KnightFanforLife

May 28, 2024
Sad to see both Alec and Willy go but it is part of the business. They are awesome teammates with great experience. It truly must have been a really hard decision on Mark’s part. I cannot believe there isn’t a team in the OHL that could not use either one of these guys. They come from a winning program that has been to OHL finals twice and a Memorial Cup final once. There sure as hell isn’t many players available with that resume!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I think under most circumstances and most seasons Willmore stays as an OA goalie for the Knights. BUT with London getting back some very key pieces to the success of this years team it has to be looked at as a “go for it” season. Reaching the OHL Championship is a very realistic goal for this year’s team making it 3 years in a row. Sucks for sure as I will always remember Willmore stepping up two years ago in the playoffs when London was desperate and delivering an outstanding performance.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
From my viewing of Austin Elliott, he played in front of a stacked Blades team who let in the least amount of goals in the WHL last year. I think it was the goalies and a bit of a great defensive structure in front of him.

He needs to work on his angles. Some goals that he let in could have been stopped if he had his angles right. Not great, but can be worked on.

I’m sure Rook will tell him he’s got to be more calm and composed in the crease. The team really worked on that with Medvedev to not use all his energy all the time scrambling around. It really establishes trust with you team when you are calm and composed.

Elliott has quick pads and great lateral movement. Something all Knights goalies have had in recent memory.

He should be a great backup, but lots to work on.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
From my viewing of Austin Elliott, he played in front of a stacked Blades team who let in the least amount of goals in the WHL last year. I think it was the goalies and a bit of a great defensive structure in front of him.

He needs to work on his angles. Some goals that he let in could have been stopped if he had his angles right. Not great, but can be worked on.

I’m sure Rook will tell him he’s got to be more calm and composed in the crease. The team really worked on that with Medvedev to not use all his energy all the time scrambling around. It really establishes trust with you team when you are calm and composed.

Elliott has quick pads and great lateral movement. Something all Knights goalies have had in recent memory.

Dont think they are getting an OA goalie to be the backup. Likely 60/40 or 50/50

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Backup? Pretty sure he would be given the chance to be the starter!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad