London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Wanting Musty and actually reporting that the Knights have “kicked tires” on Musty are two different things. It still means one of those things are false and one is true, and it’s not wanting Musty….
We shall see where he lands what fun junior hockey is :)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Unless Musty stops 32 shots a night he isn’t what we need .
I was just about to suggest that.

Musty Scoring 35 and on the ice for 36 against, unless Dale can get to him buying in his team system.

Knights77 did raise an excellent point, where will the production come from this season. Here is what I think; With the team being one more year older and with experienced, we should expect a progression in total goal production from some players, more from O'Reilly 35-40 and Nichols 25-30, Julien 30-35, and expect Cowan to score somewhere between 45-50, Barkey 40-45. (Sim is a question mark, if they keep him, and he stays healthy. Add more goal production from the backend over last season. Bunk-Dickinson and Brzustewicz-Woolly, even with the loss of George and Edward. I don't know what position Musty plays, but the Knights will need someone on the right side to replace Halttunen, they are a little weak on that side. Not saying I am right, I am merely suggesting. IMHO

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Things are coming together, no reason not to expect Halttunen back.

We don’t need Musty but there maybe few teams that can bid, we are flush with 17/18 year old prospects.

Even if Musty comes we will need a goalie

Reactions: LDN

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Ok let’s hear it. Who in the Knights lineup is going to replace Gazizovs 36 goals and Halttunens 32? That’s 68 goals to replace. And you can’t say Cowan because he scored 32, so unless you think he will score 64 which would effectively replace Halttunens goals.
This is why Musty would be a good acquisition.
So for real, what am I missing? Van Gorp going to score 40?
Cowan prob scores 40-45 in 55-60 games (wjc) and O’Reilly takes a jump. Bonk and Dickinson will likely score more goals as well and then I’m sure they make a move or two. They’ll be fine.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Barkey O’Rielly Cowan
Nurmi Nichol Halttunen
Sim Julien Hawery
Boulton Read Arrowsmith

Extra:
Bidgood
Van Gorp
Van Bommel
Aboflan
Gerber (thanks @MidwestStorm )

That is a log jam, I’m guessing 2 of the forwards are moved out.

Last edited:

M21

Oct 10, 2021
Barkey O’Rielly Cowan
Nurmi Nichol Halttunen
Sim Julien Hawery
Boulton Read Arrowsmith

Extra:
Bidgood
Van Gorp
Van Bommel
Aboflan

Van Gorp in the Sim slot if Sim is the odd O/A out but otherwise looks like a very good lineup.

Reactions: Harley49

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Barkey O’Rielly Cowan
Nurmi Nichol Halttunen
Sim Julien Hawery
Boulton Read Arrowsmith

Extra:
Bidgood
Van Gorp
Van Bommel
Aboflan

Definitely there will be some opportunities for players to move elsewhere. Keep a couple for depth.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Things are coming together, no reason not to expect Halttunen back.

We don’t need Musty but there maybe few teams that can bid, we are flush with 17/18 year old prospects.

Even if Musty comes we will need a goalie
As much I am an optimist, Halttunen will be in the AHL. I really want him back with the Knights but he’s already on the the Barracuda PP and put up 2 points in their final preseason game.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
As much I am an optimist, Halttunen will be in the AHL. I really want him back with the Knights but he’s already on the the Barracuda PP and put up 2 points in their final preseason game.
There is no doubt he can and will score, its the (-)1 that is the issue. As much as the AHL is a professional hockey league, I dont think there is a better place to develop than London for a 19 year old that is going to crack the NHL.

Let's see where Halttunen is at the end of the Barracuda's camp on October 10thm If Halttunen is still a minus player than he is coming back to London.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Barkey O’Rielly Cowan
Nurmi Nichol Halttunen
Sim Julien Hawery
Boulton Read Arrowsmith

Extra:
Bidgood
Van Gorp
Van Bommel
Aboflan
Gerber (thanks @MidwestStorm )

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say Van Gorp won’t be an ‘extra’ or healthy scratched in any game this season.

Brings too much to the table with his skill set and has been the hungriest player (effort wise) so far this season. Which goes a long way on a Hunter team.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
There is no doubt he can and will score, its the (-)1 that is the issue. As much as the AHL is a professional hockey league, I dont think there is a better place to develop than London for a 19 year old that is going to crack the NHL.

Let's see where Halttunen is at the end of the Barracuda's camp on October 10thm If Halttunen is still a minus player than he is coming back to London.
I don’t think that’s how it works, because I don’t think teams care as much for plus minus as much as they used to. It’s about learning and growing nowadays and where does the player grow best.

Dude you’re talking to a guy who loves Halttunen above anyone on this team, but unfortunately he won’t be back if he keeps performing well, but as a Halttunen fan I say good on him!

Reactions: Otto

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I don’t think that’s how it works, because I don’t think teams care as much for plus minus as much as they used to. It’s about learning and growing nowadays and where does the player grow best.

Dude you’re talking to a guy who loves Halttunen above anyone on this team, but unfortunately he won’t be back if he keeps performing well, but as a Halttunen fan I say good on him!
Especially since one of the minuses was an empty net goal

Reactions: tjziel

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I just look at what San Jose did with Filip Bystedt, he was their 2022 first rounder and he had a cup of coffee for the Barracuda last year and produced! 8GP 4G 3A before being released back to SHL Linkoping HC

He was the only 2004 on the team last year with a higher pedigree than Halttunen and was sent back. I think San Jose has a long view and appreciates a slow development curve for most of their prospects. If there is a possibility that Haltunen is on a line with Musty and has another year with Dickinson I dont think that is a negative thing.

Reactions: Wifi and LDN

Otto

I just look at what San Jose did with Filip Bystedt, he was their 2022 first rounder and he had a cup of coffee for the Barracuda last year and produced! 8GP 4G 3A before being released back to SHL Linkoping HC

He was the only 2004 on the team last year with a higher pedigree than Halttunen and was sent back. I think San Jose has a long view and appreciates a slow development curve for most of their prospects. If there is a possibility that Haltunen is on a line with Musty and has another year with Dickinson I dont think that is a negative thing.

Could it be that he requested to go home to Sweden rather than play in the AHL?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If Halttunnen does not come what’s the status of semenyov? Do we need to trade for an import?

What’s everyone’s feeling on our goalie situation? Seems like they should give Willmore another shake with the full lineup in front and see what he can do? Thoughts?

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Could it be that he requested to go home to Sweden rather than play in the AHL?
Could be, I don’t know the particulars I just know there were were no 19 players on the Barracuda for the full season last year.

In the last 5 years there have been only 4x19 year olds on the Barracuda.

Wiesblatt in 2020/21 got 6 games after his WHL season ended

Gushchin and Larocque 2021/22 got 3 games end of season

Bystedt 2023/24 8 games

Otto

Could be, I don’t know the particulars I just know there were were no 19 players on the Barracuda for the full season last year.

In the last 5 years there have been only 4x19 year olds on the Barracuda.

Wiesblatt in 2020/21 got 6 games after his WHL season ended

Gushchin and Larocque 2021/22 got 3 games end of season

Bystedt 2023/24 8 games
Ok, but how many were eligible? Context means everything.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006

Otto

Sure thing: (only Eklund played a full season at 19 in the NHL or AHL)

2024 (Rnd)
Halttunen
Axel Landén (D) (5th)
Yegor Rimashevsky (F) (7th rnd)

2023:
Filip Bystedt (F) (1st)
Mattias Hävelid (D) (2nd)

2022:
William Eklund (F) (1st)
Artem Guryev (D) (5th)
Theo Jacobsson (F) (6th)
Yevgeni Kashnikov (D) (7th)

2021:
Yevgeni Kashnikov (D) (3rd)
So not a very big sample size then. I'd say, like any team, the Sharks are more likely to put their prospects where they can develop the best. I don't doubt that if Cowan were eligible for the AHL that he'd be with the Marlies. Wouldn't surprise me if Kasper stuck in the AHL and even got called up at some point

Reactions: RB76 and tjziel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad