London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
In before London gets Musty for something like Fagan, Arrowsmith, and a couple picks.
Both are going to be good players. Good deal

SJS force the trade to London so that Halttunnen and Musty can become acquainted

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Musty to London doesn’t make sense. We don’t need him, we are not ponying up top picks and not dealing Hawery.

Doubt Sudbury takes scraps but IF Musty only names London that would handcuff the trade.

Fagan Bidgood, 2x2nds 2x3rds

I doubt that gets it done though

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Question (?) When a player does not report and request a trade, does that make him the player above the team, does London want that?
Really? London is like the poster child for being the destination that players are requesting trades to.

I think it worked out pretty well with guys like Sam Dickinson and Max Domi (just to name two off the top of my head)

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Musty to London doesn’t make sense. We don’t need him, we are not ponying up top picks and not dealing Hawery.

Doubt Sudbury takes scraps but IF Musty only names London that would handcuff the trade.

Fagan Bidgood, 2x2nds 2x3rds

I doubt that gets it done though
Disagree. “If” Halttunen doesn’t come back we need to replace Gazizovs team Leading 36 goals as well as his 32 goals. Musty would help that. Even if Halttunen does come back, still looking for somebody to replace Gaz 36 goals. I don’t see anyone on the roster currently outside last years top 6 that will.
Hawery won’t be traded, that I agree. However Fagan, Bidgood and picks gets that deal done.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Hawery can't be traded until January, doubt Musty sits at home half the season. Id expect a deal to be done quickly.
If a deal arises that significantly improves our team, we will consider it. Until then, Quentin remains an important part of the Sudbury Wolves, and he is welcome to join the team at any time."

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and sbpointer

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
To be honest, I would only like Musty if it pushes Julien down the lineup. Which hopefully could do two things. Light a fire under his ass to play a smart, hustling two way game, be noticeable and pushes him to earn that top 6 role. And two, being on a checking line would be good for him. He’s gonna have to develop physicality to his game to be in the next level.

How many times have we said if Julien was physical he would be a beast of a player.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbpointer

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
With Cowan back they have even less of a need for musty.

Fun fact- this is the only OHL player of the year of the last 10-15 years I believe to come back for another year of junior

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Bitch move by Sudbury
This is probably hands down the worst take you could have here. Musty was there in camp, played in preseason games, and NOW wants out. That's on him. If he wanted out earlier, he should have went to Sharks camp and stayed like Barlow did with the Jets.

Sudbury making it known they aren't going to give him away for pennies on the dollar. It's hands down the best thing they could come out and say right now and the smartest thing too.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Usually a guy wearing a cage is still considered a JrB call up, they dont take the cage off until they sign a Jr A contract so it seems kinda odd to me that would be the case.
If the team trading for him wants the flexibility to move him to jrB if they choose I think Bidgood sees the log jam just trying to put his best foot forward. I hope I'm wrong Bidgood will be good for years to come

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Who was the one to originally state london kicked tires in Musty. I'll just sit and watch this all unfold

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Who was the one to originally state london kicked tires in Musty. I'll just sit and watch this all unfold
Wanting Musty and actually reporting that the Knights have “kicked tires” on Musty are two different things. It still means one of those things are false and one is true, and it’s not wanting Musty….

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I still remain on the train that I would like to Knights to address defense and goaltending. Replacing George with a guy like Cam Allen or Andrew Gibson would give us a top 4 D to compete with Barrie and if we can find a goalie to share the crease with Medvedev should be our first priority.

We ain’t getting anywhere without those being solid first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad