London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
So with 5 OAs rostered right now do the Knights have to make a move before Friday to get to 4 or are they OK because of Sims injury until he is back?
Because Sim is injured that can delay the deadline to move the OA’s between Willmore, Leonard and Julien.

Now if Gazizov returns before Sim is back then they have 2 weeks to figure out their OA situation again.

Very similar to the Mitchell Martin situation last year in Kitchener.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Interesting, the Knights roster has been updated on the OHL site for the 24/25 season.
The roster has Gazizov, Nurmi and Halttunen but no Semenov.

Which also means with Gazizov listed, there are 5 OA's.

Of course, a lot to happen with NHL camps and so on, but most interesting to me, is no Semenov. I wonder if the plan will be Nurmi and either Halts or if he doesn't return Gaz and then deal 2 other OAs.

Mitchell isn’t listed on the roster either.

Reactions: Knightsfan90

horner

May 22, 2007
McCue is not going to be an overpay lol!

Putting up 37pts in 68 games is not overwhelming. Veccia had a bit more value to himself. This is in fact a Mark Hunter move and is very much smart and strategic.

Even if it were to cost us a 3rd, 5th and a conditional 3rd pending on an OA season, it would be a smart move.
As a leaf fan would love him on the Knights.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
McCue would be a great add! Need that type of grit and toughness in our lineup

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Talked to some people that follow the Sharks closely, to ask where they think Kasper Halttunen this season…..

“Depends on what you mean with “the team”.
Sharks -> absolutely not! Zero chance
Barracuda -> probably not.”

“I think he’s day to day with a minor injury. Very little chance he makes the big squad, almost certainly headed back to London.

London or the Cuda, though I havent seen enough foot speed to think he will do well in the AHL.“

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Talked to some people that follow the Sharks closely, to ask where they think Kasper Halttunen this season…..

“Depends on what you mean with “the team”.
Sharks -> absolutely not! Zero chance
Barracuda -> probably not.”

“I think he’s day to day with a minor injury. Very little chance he makes the big squad, almost certainly headed back to London.

London or the Cuda, though I havent seen enough foot speed to think he will do well in the AHL.“
He needs another year I think, same with Cowan.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Barkey and Sim are injured. I think O’Reilly will get an extended stay. Not sure about Dickinson. I don’t know how well he has played this far.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
I think Barkey and Sim are injured. I think O’Reilly will get an extended stay. Not sure about Dickinson. I don’t know how well he has played this far.
Barkey has mono. NHL teams aren't doing london any favours so it looks like we will have a depleted line up for a while. As for cowan... the fact that he has played in every game so far leads me to believe that toronto is giving him every opportunity to make the roster. Not guaranteed to be back imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad