London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I guess the rumours were just that, rumours.
It was just announced the Oilers hired Stan Bowman as their GM, not Mark. So, I guess Mark stays in London, at least for now!

Reactions: rve24

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I guess the rumours were just that, rumours.
It was just announced the Oilers hired Stan Bowman as their GM, not Mark. So, I guess Mark stays in London, at least for now!
maybe going with stan but well see. i have not heard anything, but mark and jeff jackson are very tight.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Twitter or X or whatever moniker flavour of the week is now officially the latest bastion of the weakminded.

Happy to keep you here in London Mark.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Could be, but in my opinion if Mark is leaving London, it is for a GM or higher job. He did the assistant thing in Toronto and came back when he didn't get the GM job.
probably right, difference is here that jeff jackson is so tight with him.

honestly, columbus should have hired him, hed be perfect for it.

After the Cluster .... he experienced in Toronto would he be willing to be exposed again? I guess we will see.
jeff jackson would quit before screwing over mark hunter.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Time to retire Maruk to the rafters at Bud. 370 points in 3 years. 60 goal scorer in NHL.
Just checked his stats. How the hell isn’t he retired in junior. 370 pts in 191 games- on any other team that guy is retired long ago.

To put into perspective- marner who is without a doubt getting his jersey retired/honoured had 301pts in 184 games

Reactions: Ken Yates

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
All hypothetical, but, if presented with an opportunity to work for the Oilers, I would hope Hunter chooses not to work for an organization that hires people who have a past of letting sexual assault slide. I hated Edmonton already, but they better go on a Cubs level championship drought now.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Time to retire Maruk to the rafters at Bud. 370 points in 3 years. 60 goal scorer in NHL.
Yeah, amongst others. It’s nice that some pre-Hunter Knights are now getting recognized in the Don Brankley hall of fame, but more jersey honors/retirements would be nice.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
All hypothetical, but, if presented with an opportunity to work for the Oilers, I would hope Hunter chooses not to work for an organization that hires people who have a past of letting sexual assault slide. I hated Edmonton already, but they better go on a Cubs level championship drought now.
You know what, Ferguson Jenkins, it's an interesting non-hockey talk you have here, but one that hockey players must live through as well.

It's not always the victims or the perpetrators that can't live from a low point in their lives, if you ask both, they'll tell you they want to turn the pages, or straight themselves up to get back to normal lives again. Unfortunately, it's not always them that can't live with trouble past, close love ones around them, they too must accept at turning pages and get back to supporting them to a normal living again. Cheers!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
You know what, Ferguson Jenkins, it's an interesting non-hockey talk you have here, but one that hockey players must live through as well.

It's not always the victims or the perpetrators that can't live from a low point in their lives, if you ask both, they'll tell you they want to turn the pages, or straight themselves up to get back to normal lives again. Unfortunately, it's not always them that can't live with trouble past, close love ones around them, they too must accept at turning pages and get back to supporting them to a normal living again. Cheers!
" if you ask both, they'll tell you they want to turn the pages, or straight themselves up to get back to normal lives again." Seriously FP. Be better.

Your speaking for victims and perpetrators now?
Ill leave both to have their own feelings and thoughts and not assume like you have what they want and lump them all in the same pile.
I'm sure everyone here knows people who have been on both sides and I'll never lump them all in a pool like you have.
But I will say I've known both personally and who have not said they want to "turn the page" or get back to normal again. In fact, 2x ended up in suicide. Others have moved on sure but cmon.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
" if you ask both, they'll tell you they want to turn the pages, or straight themselves up to get back to normal lives again." Seriously FP. Be better.

Your speaking for victims and perpetrators now?
Ill leave both to have their own feelings and thoughts and not assume like you have what they want and lump them all in the same pile.
I'm sure everyone here knows people who have been on both sides and I'll never lump them all in a pool like you have.
But I will say I've known both personally and who have not said they want to "turn the page" or get back to normal again. In fact, 2x ended up in suicide. Others have moved on sure but cmon.
Yes, sir, I most definitely am !

Just as I commented, I am also reading your comment with great attention, and you are totally right. And yes some are beyond any good road to recovery, I fully understand this as well. However, there sure are many people around victims and/or perpetrators whom do not want to turn pages, are adding tremendous additional pressure, that is setting them back, matter of fact can lead them to suicidal thoughts. We need to be smart around them, keep our cool heads and control our emotion of angers, showing the way to a better future in life. Regrettably, a majority of individuals are unable to exercise their own control. Despite expressing affection towards others, these affections and attentions are often obscured by their anger.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Just as I commented, I am also reading your comment with great attention, and you are totally right. And yes some are beyond any good road to recovery, I fully understand this as well. However, there sure are many people around victims and/or perpetrators whom do not want to turn pages, are adding tremendous additional pressure, that is setting them back, matter of fact can lead them to suicidal thoughts. We need to be smart around them, keep our cool heads and control our emotion of angers, showing the way to a better future in life. Regrettably, a majority of individuals are unable to exercise their own control. Despite expressing affection towards others, these affections and attentions are often obscured by their anger.
Better to utilize ignore function than respond anymore. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Slowpace

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15

Why is it that every time I read these I expect a Nigerian Prince to be asking me for Apple gift cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad